English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 23 September 2005, 08:07   #21
keropi

another month, another job well done...
THANX KG!
Old 28 September 2005, 02:07   #22
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
That's gonna be a problem...

I'm not simply unlzxing.. then rezipping...

I'm reinstalling the games myself to ensure the packs are 100% from now on.
Most of the new zip ones will be installed from caps images, whereas the lzx are ones from whdload xmas cds, random whdload sites etc etc..
Ah I see - I thought a lot of the original releases had already been tested though? Or is this a move to include as many caps as possible? (wot, no trainer!!)

Quote:
therefore the crcs of the datafiles are going to be different, and as I'm editing the icons tooltypes, and I very much doubt the icons are going to be in the same place... the icon crcs are gonna be different too...
Yes I figured that certain files would change... To be honest I also realise my point of 'rebuilding' would only really help if these were released on a torrent (with a dat+torrentzipped) where it could save downloading. Although the nature of torrents - set blocksize that has no relation to files - would mean that a change to icon file would mean a complete redownload of a whole block (prob at least 1/2 meg) - ie to sum up, no point at all(!).

Quote:
There will be dats made once they've all gone to zip but having any of them match the old lzx files is gonna be fluke more than anything.
Don't sweat it. Your attempt to test them all is *highly* impressive. Hat's off to ya...
Old 28 September 2005, 02:09   #23
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
All of Killers installs are being put onto HDFs by myself for a project and will be re-released

I don't expect ppl to re-download these, but I will be making a dat when there are enuff games supported
Wow thats keen....!

Do you mean individual bootable HDF's for each game? (more work but a Emu frontends amiga wet dream....)

Or a monster HDF for the lot? (no point of a dat for this).
Old 28 September 2005, 07:58   #24
Runey
Survivor

Bippy what about assigning WinUAE to each individual Game / Demo directory? That way only the GAMEPREF files needs to be added to peoples existing collections. No need for large downloads.

It may be a wet dream. I had, a flash of genius? , today at work. I'm gonna try it when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Well that didn't work Would come up with an error saying it couldn't find the slave file. It would be nice to be able to simply add the GAMEPREF file rather than download everything again. Well try try again

Last edited by Runey; 28 September 2005 at 10:25.
Old 28 September 2005, 13:41   #25
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runey
Bippy what about assigning WinUAE to each individual Game / Demo directory? That way only the GAMEPREF files needs to be added to peoples existing collections. No need for large downloads.

It may be a wet dream. I had, a flash of genius? , today at work. I'm gonna try it when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Well that didn't work Would come up with an error saying it couldn't find the slave file. It would be nice to be able to simply add the GAMEPREF file rather than download everything again. Well try try again
I have hardcoded the path into the launcher so it's not going to find it if using folders!

I did this so a standardised way of doing these can be easily created and the HDFs can then be TOSEC'd

I'll look into making it more flexible when I get a little time.. but how do you expect this to launch from a frontend?
Old 28 September 2005, 13:47   #26
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Wow thats keen....!

Do you mean individual bootable HDF's for each game? (more work but a Emu frontends amiga wet dream....)

Or a monster HDF for the lot? (no point of a dat for this).
Well I actually have both

The monster HDF was created a while ago and is split into 3 1Gb HDFs (This wont be being spread!)

The individual HDFs are well on the way now.. I have converted about 90 odd games and tested them, so it's just a matter of waiting for the frontends to appear that support them