English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 03 January 2018, 21:25   #21
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Some files are clearly corrupt (cygnus temp ... strings) instead of what appears to be packed data
I have checked, 2 files are different (book.hsq and prim2.hsq). I take it you used the same disks when installing, right?

Quote:
file dir.0 is named dir.1 for instance (fortunately: allowed me to detect that the files you created are corrupt)
The dir.x files are renamed in the original (quite crappy indeed) installer but I deliberately didn't do this in the RawDIC imager as when doing a file based install these files should not be needed anyway. Hence I didn't add a special case for these files in the imager. If required it can be done easily of course.
Old 04 January 2018, 13:39   #22
jotd
This cat is no more

yes, those files are different. Of course I used the same disks. You need me to zone the disks?

If you remove the "dir.x" files it doesn't work: it asks for disk 1 as well. Try it (without whdload, or I can provide the new slave)

Also: if install fails (for instance disk 2 not found, you restart, but because of the "append" mode, files of disk 1 contain twice the data. files should be deleted prior to installing disk 1.

the only blocking problem (I can rename / swap disk.x files of course in the installation) is the corrupt 2 files you mentionned. Otherwise the game runs perfectly with the HD install I've adapted (using the installed files of the shitty installer)
Old 04 January 2018, 15:40   #23
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Yes, please upload your disks as I have the slight hunch that they are broken. Reason why I believe this: only 2 files are different and I have also just compared every file that was created using the original installer and my imager and they were all equal (French version, IPF 2393)!

I will adapt the imager to save the dir.x file in the same way the original installer does and I'll also make sure the files will be created correctly when the imager has to restart.
Old 04 January 2018, 19:31   #24
jotd
This cat is no more

I doubt that they are broken: I used the original installer on the same disks. Anyway, in the zone now.
Old 04 January 2018, 19:45   #25
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

And the data for at least prim2.hsq is wrong on your disks! So I still think they are broken and will now check.

I have also updated the imager, files are now created properly even if they already exist and the dir.x files are saved in the same way as in the original installer.

Edit: I have checked, your disk 1 is definitely broken! Sector $387 (which is start of file prim2.hsq) is a normal ADOS track and not one of the custom DUNE ones. I actually wonder how you managed to install the game using the original installer as the installer should hang when trying to save that file as it will re-read the sector endlessly.

Edit2: And your disk 2 is broken too, checksum error on track 121 (part of file book.hsq)!

I have updated the imager again and added checksum checks for the Dune custom sectors. This is now the final version of the imager I think. Unless you need some specific changes.
Attached Files
File Type: 68k Dune.islave.68k (3.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: s Dune_ImagerSlave.s (19.5 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by StingRay; 04 January 2018 at 20:58.
Old 04 January 2018, 21:59   #26
jotd
This cat is no more

ok, which could explain the crashes in the intro for the french version. I'll recreate those from IPF. Maybe an issue with gamesaves

thanks.
Old 05 January 2018, 07:23   #27
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i think i must have somewhere the italian release in original adf.
i ll see that tonight when back from work.
Old 05 January 2018, 22:11   #28
jotd
This cat is no more

thanks to Stingray the files version will be released. @dlfrsilver I have the italian disks as well as ADF. So if you don't find, them, no big deal, ask me.
Old 05 January 2018, 22:53   #29
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
thanks to Stingray the files version will be released. @dlfrsilver I have the italian disks as well as ADF. So if you don't find, them, no big deal, ask me.
Ok, i won't try to get them then.
Old 06 January 2018, 15:34   #30
jotd
This cat is no more

Zoned the italian version for Stingray. In the meantime I have sent the file-based install for update on whdload page. If there's a modification to do I'll send an update.

Last edited by jotd; 06 January 2018 at 18:49.
Old 08 January 2018, 14:09   #31
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Zoned the italian version for Stingray.
Why? I have access to the Italian version and the imager supports it too.
Old 08 January 2018, 20:57   #32
tolkien
AmigaMan

Tried both version (disk and files) in my a1200 and works very good. Now I need to try in the cd32 that was the problematic oe. Thanks mates!