English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 01 August 2010, 21:57   #21
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchhikr View Post
Vasm messages:
Warning 58: Relative references between code section "co" and data section "da" (test.o) force a combination of the two.
Warning 22: Attributes of section co were changed from r-x- in test.o to rwx- in test.o.
Those are vlink warnings. Not vasm.

Quote:
Link (mangled) message (before it crashes):
Error 32: Target amigahunk: Unsupported relocation type R_PC (offset=0, size=16, mask=ffffffff) at
I don't have a Windows system to reproduce the crash. But I can reproduce exactly the same error on AmigaOS, MorphOS, NetBSD, Linux and Irix. But no crash!

The reason for this error is the -q option (from -quiet). -q means "keep all relocs in the final executable", and that's what the linker tries to do.
It fails because the hunk format doesn't support pc-relative relocations in an executable (only absolute 32-bit is allowed). Link it without -q and it should work.
Old 02 March 2015, 12:05   #22
axis^oxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Thanks again for the the upload!

I've started a literal translation to C but there's a lot of code to unwind so I expect it will take a while before I have a finished CLI tool. Feel free to beat me to it
Is there any progress on that project? It could be really handy for an amiga demo project I actually work on. Or is there any more detailed fileformat description on p61 files.

Old 02 March 2015, 20:14   #23
Leffmann

Sorry, none. It proved difficult to separate the converter from the program as whole. See http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=51557&page=2#39

If you'd like, then PM me your e-mail and I can send you my sources. They're a bit of a mess, but the front-end is working so it's something to start with at least.
Old 18 March 2015, 23:13   #24
Photon

Moved to the correct forum. Please post in the designated forums in future. Carry on