English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 11 March 2013, 11:08   #361
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Post Shadow Warriors

READ THIS - A few Thoughts brought to you by the SHAD Team.1......Why Are Quartex , Paralamia , Scoopex , DefJam , So LAME ? Whats the point in us Spending 5 minutes putting in Protection to give you 5 hours of <LAME> cheap thrills Can't you see that if you carry on There Will BE NO MORE GAMES TO CRACK! IF you are so F***ing Clever Why don't you write Games instead ? We know why , cos you all use Action replay cartridges Like TOTAL F***ing LAMERS! You Have the IQ of A Concussed Gnat! and with another Brain cell you'd Qualify as Plancton......................Here's a quick word to the ST groups(?) , Onion (and all the other LAME cling-on Poofs with the Onion - Tex TCB(What a F***ing PATHETIC Name!) Delta Force Blade Runners,Replicants )We just thought you'd like to know that because of all the LAME Piracy That's going on..The ST Sales Are now Half That of the AMIGA so from now on all the large software producers will be doing Amiga only / Amiga work first..(Whooopee!!!! Mega !!!!! At Last !!!!! Brill !!!!! Giga !!!!!)with the result all You LAME ST owners will have to Put up with really wank AMIGA to ST ports !!!!! Serves you right for buying SHIT MACHINES!!!!!......................Ho-Ho-Ho We know something you dont! - we know one of YOU who's been Back Stabbing. How do you think BT caught so many people Phone-Phreaking in The UK ??Even you F***ing LAMERS can't Stick TOGETHER!!!! - Backs to The Wall Boys..! Yours Truly , Forever Pirate Bashing , -* GOD *-
Old 11 March 2013, 11:33   #362
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Concussed Gnat!
Have to remember that one...
Old 11 March 2013, 14:42   #363
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Would it means that the guys behind shadow warriors were ex-pirates ? from what they say, they know too much about guys involved in piracy.....

Here is a little translation in french of it :
"LISEZ CECI - Quelques pensées présentées par l'équipe SHAD.

1......Pourquoi est-ce que Quartex , Paralamia , Scoopex , DefJam , sont si BIDON ?
A quoi ça sert qu'on passe 5 minutes à mettre une Protection pour vous donner 5 heures de difficulté <BIDON> ?

Vous voyez pas que si vous continuez il n'y aura PLUS DE JEUX A DEPLOMBER!
SI vous êtes si intelligent P***in, pourquoi vous écrivez pas des jeux à la place ?
On sait pourquoi, pasque vous utilisez tous des cartouches Action replay comme des P***in de mecs BIDONS!

Vous avez le QI d'une huître fracassée! et avec un autre neurone vous seriez du Plancton......................

Voici un mot rapide sur les groupes sur ST, Onion (et tout les autres cliqueurs patapoufs BIDON avec "l'oignon" - Tex TCB(Quel P***in de nom PATHETIQUE!) Delta Force Blade Runners,Replicants)
On pensait juste que vous aimeriez savoir ceci parce qu'à cause de tout le PIRATAGE NAZE qui court..Les ventes de jeux ST sont maintenant la moitié de celles de l'AMIGA donc à partir de maintenant tout les gros producteurs de logiciels feront des jeux uniquement sur Amiga / Voir sur Amiga d'abord..(Youpiiiii!!!! Méga !!!!! Enfin !!!!! Brilliant !!!!! Giga !!!!!)

avec en résultat que vous tous propriétaires de ST BIDONS devrez faire avec des ports de l'AMIGA vers le ST baclés !!!!! Ca vous apprendra à acheter des MACHINES DE MERDE!!!!!......................

Ho-Ho-Ho On sait quelque chose que vous savez pas! - on connait un d'entre VOUS qui s'est fait planter dans le dos. Comment vous croyez que British Telecom à attrapé autant de gens qui pirataient les lignes téléphoniques en Angleterre ??

Même vous bande de P***in de BIDONS vous avez même pas l'esprit de GROUPE!!!! - Retournez à vos copies les gars..!

Sincèrement votre, Casseur de pirates à jamais,

-* DIEU *-"

My goodness...... has simeon pashley been writing this ?
Old 11 March 2013, 20:55   #364
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Would it means that the guys behind shadow warriors were ex-pirates ? from what they say, they know too much about guys involved in piracy.....

Here is a little translation in french of it :
"LISEZ CECI - Quelques pensées présentées par l'équipe SHAD.

1......Pourquoi est-ce que Quartex , Paralamia , Scoopex , DefJam , sont si BIDON ?
A quoi ça sert qu'on passe 5 minutes à mettre une Protection pour vous donner 5 heures de difficulté <BIDON> ?

Vous voyez pas que si vous continuez il n'y aura PLUS DE JEUX A DEPLOMBER!
SI vous êtes si intelligent P***in, pourquoi vous écrivez pas des jeux à la place ?
On sait pourquoi, pasque vous utilisez tous des cartouches Action replay comme des P***in de mecs BIDONS!

Vous avez le QI d'une huître fracassée! et avec un autre neurone vous seriez du Plancton......................

Voici un mot rapide sur les groupes sur ST, Onion (et tout les autres cliqueurs patapoufs BIDON avec "l'oignon" - Tex TCB(Quel P***in de nom PATHETIQUE!) Delta Force Blade Runners,Replicants)
On pensait juste que vous aimeriez savoir ceci parce qu'à cause de tout le PIRATAGE NAZE qui court..Les ventes de jeux ST sont maintenant la moitié de celles de l'AMIGA donc à partir de maintenant tout les gros producteurs de logiciels feront des jeux uniquement sur Amiga / Voir sur Amiga d'abord..(Youpiiiii!!!! Méga !!!!! Enfin !!!!! Brilliant !!!!! Giga !!!!!)

avec en résultat que vous tous propriétaires de ST BIDONS devrez faire avec des ports de l'AMIGA vers le ST baclés !!!!! Ca vous apprendra à acheter des MACHINES DE MERDE!!!!!......................

Ho-Ho-Ho On sait quelque chose que vous savez pas! - on connait un d'entre VOUS qui s'est fait planter dans le dos. Comment vous croyez que British Telecom à attrapé autant de gens qui pirataient les lignes téléphoniques en Angleterre ??

Même vous bande de P***in de BIDONS vous avez même pas l'esprit de GROUPE!!!! - Retournez à vos copies les gars..!

Sincèrement votre, Casseur de pirates à jamais,

-* DIEU *-"

My goodness...... has simeon pashley been writing this ?
They didn't need to be sceners or ex-sceners to know who was cracking stuff.

Getting hold of copies of cracks wasn't exactly difficult, and some developers knew people who got hold of copies of games and specifically asked them to get them copies of their own stuff to see what was done to the game.

Not quite sure why the developers of Shadow Warriors gave a shit in any case as they were paid a set fee to convert the game for Ocean, so wouldn't have been affected by how much piracy the game attracted.

Anyway, back on topic
Old 17 March 2013, 13:55   #365
Don_Adan

To quote a fitting Morrissey song title for our lovely
thieves that will read this obviously through their usual
resourcing of other people`s programs.
These people misused their developer state, free dev boards
to gain the product`s knowledge by resourcing other people`s code.
The whole plot only to steal away our product idea as if they
hadn`t already profited a lot by the early devboards.
No...they wanted the whole control and what they got back was
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FIRE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>Sorrow Will Come In The End<<<<<
Legalized theft
leaves me bereft
I get it straight in the neck
(somehow expecting no less)
a court of justice
with no use for Truth
Lawyer...liar
Lawyer...liar
you pleaded and squealed
and you think you`ve won
but Sorrow will come
to you in the end
and as sure as my words are pure
I praise the day that brings you pain
Q.C.`s obsessed with sleaze
frantic for Fame
they`re all on the game
they just use a different name
You lied
and you were believed
by a J.P. senile and vile
you pleaded and squealed
and you think you`ve won
but Sorrow will come
to you in the end
and as sure as my words are pure
I praise the day that brings you pain
so don`t close your eyes
don`t close your eyes
a man who slits throats
has time on his hands
and I`m gonna get you
so don`t close your eyes
don`t ever close your eyes
you think you`ve won
oh no
Old 17 March 2013, 20:06   #366
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Here is what i found in Albedo from Myriad (you'll find the scans of the box and the manual in french in PDF), that i own now in original :

This protection has been written by JMG & OG from MYRIAD Software Technical Team, from July, 15th to August, 1st.
ALBEDO is the first product from MYRIAD and we hope the protection will hold out against the hackers attempts to shunt it...

It would take leave us to make up the deficit of our banking account

But if you are trying to unprotect that wonderful game to sell back your unlawful copies, may the hell's deamons bite and beat your toes every night for two thousand years! (and if they forget you, I'll do that myself).
However, if you are not a naughty hacker, but a programmer, we can develop protections for your own softwares on AMIGA, ATARI ST IBM-PC or CBM 64.

Making a protection for a computer takes us about three weeks, so, for AMIGA, ST and IBM, it takes two months. For us, all this time is wasted time... And for you too, because if we could use that time to program the game instead of its protection, it would be finished more quickly, and the next game would be started (and finished)
earlier. So if you are waiting for an advertised game that is not coming, you are perhaps a little responsible for this.

P.S. If you found some spelling mistakes in this text, that is because we are 'Francais avant tout'. Alors, pour tous les pirates de France et de Navarre, ( Nom Didju que ca fait du bien d'ecrire en francais de cheux nous) sachez que nous avons fait cette version sachant tres bien que les ventes en France seraient insignifiantes.
En effet, en France, le marche de l'AMIGA, deja reduit a la base, a ete completement pourri par les gros pirates Gore venus du milieu deja moisi du Commodore 64. Sur 10 possesseurs d'AMIGA, il doit y en avoir 9 qui n'ont jamais achete d'original et qui possedent plus d'une cinquantaine de copies pirates. Et si vous vous apercevez qu'il n'y
a sur AMIGA pratiquement que de mauvaises adaptations de softs ST (sauf ALBEDO), ne vous en prenez qu'a vous-meme (pourquoi voulez-vous que les auteurs se cassent le cul a faire des softs pour ne rien en retirer?)

So, to do like the most of the Amiga users teams,
Greetings to EOA, Myriad,Mindscape, Broderbund, Accolade, Microprose, Activision, Access, SSI, SSG, Myriad, Origin, Datamost, Elite, Konami, Beyond, Ultimate, Fire(Rain)Bird, Myriad, Mirrorsoft, Sublogic, Spectrum Holobyte, Synapse (R.I.P.), and Myriad....

A big shit to Bamiga sector one, Kent team, D.O.C., AckerLight, Lightforce, Megaforce, Il scuro, Defjam, Light Circle, Antitrax, HQC, The Champs, The Movers, the Cure, bitstoppers, vision, red sector, skyline, blizzard, hotline, visitors, axxess, tristar, executer, destroyer, Knight Hawks and Triad.
Old 18 March 2013, 01:17   #367
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Translation in english :
"P.S. If you found some spelling mistakes in this text, that is because we are 'French above all'. So, for all the french crackers and abroad, (Fuck that feels so guud to write in frenchy-french uhh yeah) you must know that we have done this version while knowing too that sales on amiga in France would be insignificant.
Indeed, in France, the AMIGA market, already quite reduced, has been completely rotten by the biggest Gore crackers who came from the already moldy Commodore 64 scene. On 10 AMIGA owners, 9 never bought any original and they possess more than fifty pirated copies. And if you wonder why there is only bad softs ports on AMIGA coming from the ATARI ST (but not ALBEDO), you're at fault (why do you think the authors would work for peanuts to create softs to finally earn nothing?)"

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 19 March 2013 at 15:53.
Old 19 March 2013, 00:25   #368
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

another one, once that the bootblock has been decrypted (found in memory with AR3 :

"myriad_sarl_4_rue_de_bordeaux_31200_toulouse_france...

bravo au genie !
il_ne_te_reste_plus_que_850_ko_de_donnees_a_visiter_pour_sucrer la protection!_nous_te_souhaitons_bien_du_plaisir.. quand tu auras trouvé envoie nousparcourrier_expliquant_comment_tu_as_reussi.
n'oublie_pas_de_preciser_ton_nom_ton_adresse_et_ton_age_pour_que_nous_puissions_t'envoyer_ta_recompense..."

In english :

"Well_you'll_have_to_look_for_the_real_protection_into_a_850_kb_program...
bad_luck_!_when_you_complete_it_contact_us_quickly.

don't_forget_to_join_your_coordinates:....
we will send you your reward...o.guillion & jm georges myriad jul 29th '88"
Old 19 March 2013, 07:50   #369
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Bootblock is not crypted, only the first loader is. And this message appears once the game has loaded the first track, not after the bootloader has been decrypted.
Old 19 March 2013, 15:50   #370
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

thanks for clarifiying
Old 19 March 2013, 16:26   #371
Devlin
Bane of Magic

If anyone else was curious, I asked Yak if he had put similar hidden messages to the one he put in RotMC: the reply "@magic_bane It has been known, yes "

Maybe time to have a poke around in the Llamatron executable?

source tweet: https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/sta...11362286256129

EDIT:: So I had a look in the Llamatron binary and found what appears to be a couple of test strings, but XVI32 won't let me copy the text, so I took a screenshot and transcribed it.

the text reads(cleaned up):
Code:
this is a test!!!

marys crying for her baby
for her baby doll
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh commercial rain

inspiral carpets
inspiral carpets
inspiral carpets
inspiral carpets
inspiral carpets

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
0123456789 ? "llama" (goat) fuck!!

Last edited by Devlin; 20 March 2013 at 18:01.
Old 18 April 2013, 15:34   #372
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm sorry if this was already posted here, but I just found this in Speris Legacy:

Nice one Galahad

Last edited by TCD; 18 April 2013 at 22:20.
Old 18 April 2013, 22:11   #373
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I'm sorry if this was already posted here, but I just found this in Speris Legacy:

This one Galahad
Yeah that was an injoke between me and Andy Jolly the main designer, we knew it was going to be cracked, there was no point in crying about it.

I'm faintly amazed no-one made mention of it sooner
Old 18 April 2013, 22:21   #374
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I really had to laugh for a moment Wish more games would feature things like that.
Old 20 April 2013, 17:34   #375
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post

Any particular reason Mok was chosen? Looks like quite a good game, I'll have to give it a go.
Old 20 April 2013, 19:36   #376
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post

Any particular reason Mok was chosen? Looks like quite a good game, I'll have to give it a go.
A friend and the #1 cracker at the time
Old 21 April 2013, 11:59   #377
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I just found this in the game Century (hidden in the startup-sequence):

Code:
;***************************************************************************
;********   An alle Heinos, die vorhaben hier rumzupfuschen:   *************
;***  Bitte halten Sie sich mit Raubkopien zurueck! Zum einen kann es    ***
;***  ungesund werden, da diese Version eine spezielle Codierung in      ***
;***  bestimmten Tracks besitzt und bei unsachgemaesser Verbreitung      ***
;***  (Raubkopiererei) sich wie ein Virus verhaelt, der unter umstaenden ***
;***  Diskettensektoren zerstoert. Und zum anderern schaedigen Sie uns   ***
;***  damit und zerstoeren so das Werk von mehreren Monaten Arbeit. Oder ***
;***  wuerde es Ihnen Spass machen, umsonst zu arbeiten?????    	 ***
;***  			Mit freundlichen Gruessen 			 ***
;***	Claudio Pitrella & Andreas Fuchs von PM-Entertainment            ***
;***									 ***
;***  P.S. Viel Spass beim Suchen der Seriennummer!			 ***
;***************************************************************************
Roughly translated this nonsense means that there are "specially coded tracks" which will make the game behave like a virus and destroy disk sectors if the game is copied.

Must be a good protection, right? Indeed, game used trackdisk device to seek to track 80 and then, well, no and then! That was actually all that happened, most awesome protection I ever saw, I knew I was in for a good laugh the second I read that text.

Last edited by StingRay; 21 April 2013 at 12:04.
Old 01 May 2013, 12:00   #378
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
And so Mok should thank Phil........ he taught him everything he knew
thats soo true... have spoken too both many times in several conferences held back in the glory days, mok'ster was sure one of the best, but without Phil's help he wouldnt be the one he was later.
Old 01 May 2013, 12:38   #379
lesta_smsc

I'm continuously amazed that the legends such as Galahad are amongst us! It was only yesterday I booted a game and had the all famous Fairlight text intro! BTW how accurate are the things mentioned in Wikipedia for FLT?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairlight_(group)

Speris Legacy - looks like a Zelda game! Might have to try it out!
Old 22 May 2013, 00:52   #380
RichAplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
While hacking away the new Final Fight install I found this:

Congratulations! You have beaten the
Boss of the Mad Gear gang!

Metro City is once more safe for
people to go about their
busy lives in the dense urban
metropolis, and our heroes are free
to continue their normal existances....

Now, as a special bonus (and because
you cheated!), here is the unexpurgated
version of the lives of Guy, Cody and
Haggar!...

LIFE OF GUY
GUY died 4.5.2028
After a youth filled with
unlikely fighting exploits,
Guy settled down to a
normal life as an insurance
loss-adjuster. He married a
24-stone traffic warden and
died in his armchair aged 65

LIFE OF CODY
CODY died 2.14.1996
He married Jessica, but
divorced 8 months later
due to his drink problem.
Died at 29 after tripping
when drunk and falling
headfirst into a sewer.

LIFE OF HAGGAR
HAGGAR died 1.5.1998
Left the office of mayor
in disgrace after a cocaine
scandle, and 2 years later
was convicted of sheep-
molesting. Died at 55 after
catching a nasty disease
from a dirty telephone.

GAME OVER

Hahahaha! Awesome! I'd totally forgotten I wrote that. :-) Yes the telephone was a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide :-)