English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 July 2023, 21:56   #361
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Not sure, but I was able to reproduce it. Funny, I never tried "cd .." as the parent directory is "/" in Amiga filesystems. I'll open an issue on GitHub about this.
Old 28 July 2023, 21:28   #362
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

For the record: today I installed the latest version and the problem is no longer present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONEY View Post
I have a weird problem, when copying files from the Amiga to the Share an internal error is triggered on server and the share no longer works from Amiga side. Will work again after some seconds from other devices, anyway.
Old 25 August 2023, 17:08   #363
bni

Revisited this today, and it works fine with macOS now (Ventura)

Thanks BSzili for your work on SMB2FS
Old 25 August 2023, 17:39   #364
jurassicman

A few days ago I tried to dismount my Samba Shares but I had some issues.

I didn't have much time so I just did try a few commands, unfortunately without success.

The "dismount" command only removes the Samba Share Icon from the Desktop but it is still mounted because if I try to mount again the same Samba Share I get a message that says that it is already mounted. Repeating it twice o three times doesn't make any difference.

The "killdev" command from the idefix package didn't work and gave me also some weird errors (after having used it from CLI) my mouse cursor wasn't visible anymore... (!)

The "mount shutdown" command didn't work either (actually I don't understand how to use it and in fact I received an error message about the wrong usage).

Long story short... has anybody found a WORKING way to dismount a SMBFS v2 share in a way that it is possible to close the TCP/IP stack after that or mounting again the share if you need it again?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25 August 2023, 18:30   #365
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I keep telling people not to use assign dismount, because it won't actually unmount anything, but no one listens to me
OS3.2'S "mount shutdown" is not supported because I have no clue how to implement it. It sure doesn't rely on the ACTION_DIE packet, otherwise it'd work out of the box.
KillDev is the only 3rd program I tested, and it works fine here. I only ever started it from workbench though, so that's something you might want to try.
Old 25 August 2023, 19:22   #366
jurassicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
I keep telling people not to use assign dismount, because it won't actually unmount anything, but no one listens to me
OS3.2'S "mount shutdown" is not supported because I have no clue how to implement it. It sure doesn't rely on the ACTION_DIE packet, otherwise it'd work out of the box.
KillDev is the only 3rd program I tested, and it works fine here. I only ever started it from workbench though, so that's something you might want to try.
Thanks @BSzili
I agreed that "dismount" doesn't actually unmount the Share.
I'll try killdev from workbench to see if it works on my OS(s). I have two 3.2.2.1 systems and a 3.1.4 system where I'm using the new SMBFS v2 handler at the moment.
Old 25 August 2023, 20:00   #367
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Let me know if it KillDev works better from workbench. BTW, if anyone has documentation on how "mount shutdown" works, I'm open to implementing support for it.
Old 26 August 2023, 06:36   #368
Channel-Z

"Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
I keep telling people not to use assign dismount, because it won't actually unmount anything, but no one listens to me"

FYI.
It does if you run "assign dismount" cmd twice, that's how I do it.

Run it first time the icon disappears from desktop, if you check assigns in shell it's still there, run it second time and it will disappear from assigns list in shell.
Old 26 August 2023, 09:05   #369
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Case and point I think it's time to let it go, it's simply too ingrained to change people's mind.
Old 27 August 2023, 21:05   #370
jurassicman

Unfortunately no luck with KillDev from Workbench as well.

It does exactly what "Assign dismount myshare" does. It removes the Share icon from Desktop but when I try to mount again the same share I get a popup message that says that my Samba Share is already mounted.
Old 27 August 2023, 21:48   #371
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDOS View Post
It does if you run "assign dismount" cmd twice, that's how I do it.

Run it first time the icon disappears from desktop, if you check assigns in shell it's still there, run it second time and it will disappear from assigns list in shell.

Yes but be careful with your method, the icon disappears, but you cannot remount SMB2 (volume already mounted)

In order to remount SMB2 "assign dismount" must be used twice, but the first time on the name of the share, the second command with the name of the DOSDrivers, see attached video.

I had already mentioned this method in this discussion, but it seems no one has tried it, the same method also works well on AROS x86

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Test.SMB2.zip
Old 28 August 2023, 05:55   #372
Mr-Z

I use the following to disconnect smb2fs, kills the share and after that I can mount it again if I want to:

C:Killdev >NIL: DOSDEV=SMB0 (Where SMB0 is the name of your DOS driver NOT the volume name!)
Old 28 August 2023, 09:19   #373
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Z View Post
I use the following to disconnect smb2fs, kills the share and after that I can mount it again if I want to:

C:Killdev >NIL: DOSDEV=SMB0 (Where SMB0 is the name of your DOS driver NOT the volume name!)

Yes I also confirm this method works well for me ! both methods can be conveniently performed from an Icon !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 28 August 2023 at 09:49.
Old 30 October 2023, 20:40   #374
Chucky

Revisiting and just want to report that I now can use a domain account! YAY!
Old 19 November 2023, 04:44   #375
Dale423

UnRAID help?

I cannot seem to get this to work with UnRaid. I think it has to do with getting UnRaid SMB setup correctly. I can get SMB-Mounter to work under SMB1, but I have no luck with SMB2-Handler. I have disabled SMB1 thinking that was the issue, but no luck. Attached is a screen shot of the settings page in UnRaid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UnRAID_SMB.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	80801  
Old 20 November 2023, 02:34   #376
Dale423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale423 View Post
I cannot seem to get this to work with UnRaid. I think it has to do with getting UnRaid SMB setup correctly. I can get SMB-Mounter to work under SMB1, but I have no luck with SMB2-Handler. I have disabled SMB1 thinking that was the issue, but no luck. Attached is a screen shot of the settings page in UnRaid.
Ok issue wasn't UNRaid at all. Turns out it matters which DOSDriver you chose to copy and modify lol.

I was using a ZIP DOSDriver and never got it to work. I decided to start over and try something different so I chose to copy the PC0 DOSDriver and edited it exactly like I had with the ZIP one and it worked fine the first try. I cannot see any obvious difference in these 2 DOSDrivers, but something was fishy.

Anyway, works fine now.
Old 11 December 2023, 11:20   #377
Tarzin

@BSzili,

Just discovered this amazing software!
Thanks a lot for the work, it's just incredibily helpfull!
Old 28 January 2024, 21:59   #378
robxbl69

I can't get this to work with Windows 10

I'm really struggling to access Windows 10 shares with this. No matter what I do it pops up says there's an authentication issue. Both my Windows username and password are all lower case characters. No numbers or special characters.

I can access the same SMB share from Ubuntu or using the app FileBrowser on my iPhone.

If I look at the Windows Event Viewer:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer/Security
Source: Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer
Date: 28/01/2024 15:56:26
Event ID: 551
Task Category: (551)
Level: Error
Keywords: Audit Failure,(8)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: RobPC
Description:
SMB Session Authentication Failure

Client Name: \\192.168.xxx.xx
Client Address: 192.168.xxx.xx:1030
User Name:
Session ID: 0x340000000045
Status: The attempted logon is invalid. This is either due to a bad username or authentication information. (0xC000006D)
SPN: session setup failed before the SPN could be queried
SPN Validation Policy: SPN optional / no validation

Guidance:

You should expect this error when attempting to connect to shares using incorrect credentials.

This error does not always indicate a problem with authorization, but mainly authentication. It is more common with non-Windows clients.

This error can occur when using incorrect usernames and passwords with NTLM, mismatched LmCompatibility settings between client and server, an incorrect service principal name, duplicate Kerberos service principal names, incorrect Kerberos ticket-granting service tickets, or Guest accounts without Guest access enabled

I've x'ed out the IP addresses, but have changed nothing else. I have noticed that the username is blank/empty, but I'm 100% sending a username from my mountfile (both methods
smb://username:password@... and also USER= PASSWORD=
at the end).

I'm not one to give up, but I just don't know what else to try.

My Win10 version is Win 10 Pro 22H2.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by robxbl69; 28 January 2024 at 22:23.
Old 29 January 2024, 21:40   #379
AMIGASYSTEM

To create the Mountlist try using SMB2-GUI.

https://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/SMB2-GUI_OS3

Regarding Windows, you have to enable shares properly otherwise you will always have authentication errors (see video).

I instead of a folder shared a network drive and eliminated the password prompt, see video!

I attach an old video of mine where I use AROS, but I use the same procedure for OS3 !

[ Show youtube player ]

SMB2 Mount, Dismount, Restart:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 31 January 2024, 21:23   #380
robxbl69

Still doesn't work

Thanks, I tried all of that, but still no joy. Also I'm not sure why such a simple GUI needs all the Hollywood nonsense!

Also turning off network passwords is just not an option for me.

For now I've enabled SMB1 server support in Win10 and I'm using smbfs which worked first time.