English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 09 November 2012, 15:23   #341
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
When will the ACA500 be scheduled at last??
I think there have been more than enough versions of the ACA12xx. Time to move to something new.
Without a good selection of ACA12xx models there wouldn't be much point in an ACA500.
And I'm sure he's working on it. I'd rather have him launch properly tested products instead of doing an early release only to find out later that there's some hardware problem.
And just because a product has been designed and tested, it's not just pressing the 'print' button to have it manufactured and distributed automatically. There's a lot of work involved in these processes..
Old 18 November 2012, 19:59   #342
Cymru

I'm waiting for my BigRamPlus 256K board to arrive (from Vesalia)!
Old 25 November 2012, 09:55   #343
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the problems with the ACA620 have been solved. I've found a metastability bug in Gayle, which made the computer hang every now and then. While I was at it, I also fixed the problem with the A300 boards (A600 boards with old -01 Gayle chip and GAL-fix). The metastability bug in Gayle is more easily triggered when the chip is hot, so the problems appeared like thermal problems on the accelerator.

Those of you who already have an ACA620, please contact your reseller for an exchange/update.

Jens
Old 26 November 2012, 14:56   #344
Sosabowski

My reseller vesalia mail me:

Please send the card directly to Individual Computers:

Individual Computer GmbH
Jens Schönfeld

Mr. Schönfeld will take care of your card on our behalf.

Old 26 November 2012, 16:23   #345
alenppc

Any instructions for those of us who bought this card from Amigakit? Amigakit, are you there?
Old 26 November 2012, 16:30   #346
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Those who bought "locally" from AmigaKit, please send the board back to AmigaKit, and they will forward the boards to me for the update.

Those who have to send international anyway, please send them to me, and I'll return them right after the update.

Jens
Old 26 November 2012, 16:53   #347
lukassid

Hi Jens, where I can get your address? I bought from Vessalia and I'm in the Uk.
Old 26 November 2012, 20:21   #348
amigakit.com

@lukassid

If you want you may send us your card and we will include it in the package to Individual Computers. This will save you international postage. You will need to send it ASAP as we will be sending the package this week.
Old 26 November 2012, 20:29   #349
Schoenfeld
electricky.

That's Amiga spirit - thanks Matthew. Lukassid, please follow AmigaKit's suggestion.

Everyone else: If in doubt, please create a support ticket with the contact form on icomp.de.

Jens
Old 26 November 2012, 22:08   #350
DonAmiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post

If you want you may send us your card and we will include it in the package to Individual Computers. This will save you international postage. You will need to send it ASAP as we will be sending the package this week.

Could someone update my support ticket as I would like mine to be included in this week's send off

Thanks

Edit: support ticket now updated will post mine first think in the morning. Thanks

Last edited by DonAmiga; 26 November 2012 at 23:27. Reason: update
Old 26 November 2012, 23:20   #351
lukassid

Thanks amigakit I just send you form thru your customer service ticket system. I will be sending tomorrow if I get address till then. Thanks for help.
Old 26 November 2012, 23:27   #352
Calabazam

Unfortunately, these A620 problems mean that ACA500 is delayed??
Old 27 November 2012, 00:13   #353
strim
NetBSD developer

The new BigRamPlus boards are now also supported by the NetBSD for use as swap space. Currently swap on a fast Z3 memory board (like ZorRAM or BigRamPlus) is around 3x faster than on CSPPC SCSI disk.
Old 27 November 2012, 19:34   #354
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
You will need to send it ASAP as we will be sending the package this week.
Ah heck... I need to send you mine but I won't be back home til Thurs, no chance you'll get it in time
Old 27 November 2012, 20:17   #355
amigakit.com

We will give you a few days more, don't worry.
Old 27 November 2012, 20:51   #356
alenppc

I tried contacting Jens to know where to send the card, so far nothing, so it might be safer to send it to you guys. What is the procedure for this? Do I need to create a ticket first and wait for a reply before I ship it?
Old 28 November 2012, 00:39   #357
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
@Amigakit Thanks!
Old 28 November 2012, 09:12   #358
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
I tried contacting Jens to know where to send the card, so far nothing, so it might be safer to send it to you guys. What is the procedure for this? Do I need to create a ticket first and wait for a reply before I ship it?
I've been at the production site all day yesterday, so no chance to answer any support tickets.

Since all ACA620 are still under warranty, there's no need to create an RMA or so. Just send the board to your reseller or directly to me (whatever is cheaper for you), and it'll be updated for free. For compensation of your shipment cost, make sure that you choose the cheapest, but trackable mailing service (which is usually registered mail in a padded envelope). I will not pay for anything more expensive (such as express services), and I will not accept any parcels where I have to pay at the door (German "unfrei").

Make sure you include all required paperwork, especially your return address. Please print the address, as I have had difficulties reading hand-written addresses before. If you're outside Europe, please include a short letter that I can show customs, so it's clear that the board only comes back to Germany for "repair". Keep your original invoice, but include a copy of your invoice, so I can reference it in my paperwork back to you, which will make it customs-free on it's way back.

My address is:

Individual Computers GmbH
Jens Schönfeld
Im Zemmer 6
52152 Woffelsbach
Germany

Sorry for all this hassle. However, this update will also make two pieces of "special software" possible, which is already in the works. More on that later, when that software is available.

Jens
Old 28 November 2012, 10:52   #359
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
More on that later, when that software is available.
Tease, .

On RMA front, we only ask customers to fill one out, so we have a record of whats been sent where.
Old 28 November 2012, 10:55   #360
dJOS

@Jens I know I've criticised you for your aca500 "design", but I must say your after sales support is very impressive!

Now about that aca500 ......