English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 19 September 2012, 15:19   #341
terryhan

Hello, hope someone here might be able to help - I'm trying to get a WinUAE setup I created several years ago moved across to my Mac to use with FS UAE.
It's a Workbench 3.1 / Kickstart 3.1 / HD / WHDLoad / Picasso96 setup that I originally created using the Green Alien guides.

I've copied across the directories into the FS UAE equivalents, and using a basic A1200 config get it to boot the HD, but get an error message:

Picasso96: Could not create graphics board context for 'uaegfx', please check your Picasso96 installation!

and a dialogue window saying

Intuition is attempting to reset the Workbench screen. Please close all windows, except drawers

Any idea what I need to do in FS UAE to get Picasso96 working again?
Old 19 September 2012, 15:25   #342
nexusle
Banned

How looks your config file?
Old 19 September 2012, 17:16   #343
terryhan

Only a very basic config at the moment:

[config]
amiga_model = A1200
input_grab = 0
hard_drive_0 = Workbench3.1.hdf
uae_gfxcard_size = 16

Scalos is installed too - honestly, I set everything up so long ago, I've long forgotten how it all works
Old 19 September 2012, 17:23   #344
nexusle
Banned

Change the model to A1200/020

For Zorro III Expansions you need 32bit!
Old 19 September 2012, 18:10   #345
terryhan

As simple as that! Thank you very much, it's working!
Old 23 September 2012, 00:54   #346
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE 1.3.27:
  • Config for Retro Joystick interface v1.2 (joystick adapter) [Magnar].
  • Fixed serial port emulation when not serial port is not “used”.
  • Native serial port for POSIX systems [lallafa].
  • Added A1000 model support (defaulting to Kickstart 1.2).
  • Fixed a bug preventing the launcher from starting on some systems.
  • (Launcher) Added A1000 model support.
  • (Launcher) Work around bug in openSUSE 12.2′s gettext.py.
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/2012/09/2...-3-27-released
Old 26 September 2012, 19:51   #347
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE 1.3.28:

* New official boolean option uaegfx_card to enable the "Picasso 96 card".
* Re-initialize shaders after fullscreen<->window switching.
* (Launcher) Double-click (or enter) in configuration list starts FS-UAE.
* (Launcher) Remember last directories used when browsing for floppies, CDs, hard drives and kickstarts.
* (Launcher) Automatically add floppies in drives to swap list if swap list is empty.
* (Launcher) Find hard drive zip file relative to hard drives dir.
* (Launcher) GUI widgets to override memory settings.
* (Launcher) Added checkboxes for uaegfx.card and bsdsocket.library.
* (Launcher) Added checkbox to enable NTSC mode.
* (Launcher) Updated GUI main window background drawing to make the GUI look better on Linux (looks much nicer on Kubuntu now).
* (Launcher) Center FS-UAE window on launcher window.
* (Launcher) Center launch dialog on main window also on OS X.
* (Launcher) Updated look for OS X.

http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
Would it be possible to add the ability to double-click on the game in the launcher to start it instead of having to click the Start button? Admittedly, it is a very small detail but I find myself double-clicking on the game and momentarily wondering why it has not started yet.
Forgot it for a little while, but it is included now
Old 27 September 2012, 05:47   #348
bcripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
* (Launcher) Double-click (or enter) in configuration list starts FS-UAE.
Thanks. It is much appreciated.

Bob C
Old 27 September 2012, 18:37   #349
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoki View Post
First, thanks a lot for doing this! Have been waiting sooo long for a proper amiga emu which runs on osx

Bug report (osx 10.7)
When resizing the window the gui breaks (https://skitch.com/m4rkus/eispd/amiga-500-fs-uae)

edit: sorry, didn't realize i was running the old stable version
np, I assume this means it worked for you in 1.3

Quote:
would be cleaner if it wasn't possible to scale the content non-uniform though! also i think 4:3 should be the default aspect or atleast that we don't get black borders when using 4:3 windowed
Amiga display is scaled uniformly if option keep_aspect is set. The GUI is always stretched (non-uniformly), and is targeted at 16:9. Of course, it will work just fine on other aspect ratios, apart from being a bit squeezed, but I think 16:9 is a good main target these days, and the overlay GUI is stretched for simplicity (easy to implement, easy to test).

The window is 16:9 as well by default and sized to be exactly half the width and height of 1920x1080. I like this default since the window content will be very comparable to fullscreen @1080, and the GUI elements which are rendered for 1920x1080 will look sharpest and best on this scale. This is just a default, of course, and what's the best default is highly subjective...

But you shouldn't get black bars with a 4:3 window unless:
* you have enabled keep_aspect, and
* the amiga content is not 4:3

-Please post a screenshot and FS-UAE.log if it looks like a problem/bug or if you just want to check if it could be a problem.

- Or perhaps you mean that you would rather see the amiga content outside the "crop rectangle", rather than black bars if the window ratio and amiga ratio do not match up? (for instance overscan and/or Amiga background color). I did halfway implement this at a point, but it's not ready yet. Again, more information (screenshot, explanation) is better

Quote:
Feature request
Would be awesome if Lion fullscreen-mode would be supported in the osx-build, it's very convenient when using fs-uae for developing to have a full-screened amiga on a separate screenspace
I haven't got Lion here, I have 10.6 (so I can easily build and test versions for 10.6+), so this makes developing 10.7+ features a bit difficult (and I wasn't aware of any new fullscreen mode in 10.7). But I googled around, and it seems the support for the new fullscreen mode is enabled by enabling a bit in a flags argument to a function that already exists on 10.6, so while I cannot test it myself, I may be able to make a test release on 10.6 which you can test on 10.7+...
Old 28 September 2012, 07:20   #350
grimi

Hi Frode. I found bug in fs-uae, with using shader.
After switching several times between window and full screen,
we have some kind of Impressionist painting.
Old 28 September 2012, 10:46   #351
yoki

My deepest thanks for the effort anyway, I wouldn't have bothered with it myself if I was on a different OS Fullscreen-arrows turns up here as well, a new screenspace is opened and then the application crashes. Is this project up on github by any chance?

Regarding my remarks on aspect-scaling, it seems i was a bit to hot on the porridge as we say in sweden, i will shut up for the moment and rtfm before i say anything more in the matter

cheers,

yonx
Old 29 September 2012, 16:46   #352
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimi View Post
Hi Frode. I found bug in fs-uae, with using shader.
After switching several times between window and full screen,
we have some kind of Impressionist painting.
Hi, please send a screenshot of the "painting" along with FS-UAE.log.

Quote:
Is this project up on github by any chance?
It's not on github, but it's on http://code.google.com/p/fs-uae/.

Update regarding the repository

The public repository was recently updated to reflect my own development environment better. Version numbers are now not updated in all places on version number bump, only the VERSION file is updated. Run "make dist" to get a new sub-dir with clean source and version numbers correctly updated in all files, or you can use windows.mk, macosx.mk, debian.mk etc to build releases. Building the workspace with "make" works just fine, but the version number is fixed as "9.8.7".

This repo update is also related to the fact that the official releases are from now on automatically built from the repo on google code (branch "release-devel"), using build slaves connected to a jenkins instance.

Please also note that the repository URLs on opensuse build service will change (for a proper split between stable / devel releases once 2.0 is out). New repository base for the development releases is: http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../fs-uae-devel/. Similarly, if some of you track directory content; devel releases on fengestad.no will be put in http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/devel/

I'm also experimenting with PPA builds for Ubuntu: development version PPA is available at https://launchpad.net/~fengestad/+archive/fs-uae-devel (not all amd64 packages are done building yet).

All this just means that I can spent a little less time pushing out releases and more time coding. Also, occasionally forgetting to push the source code or publish update for a given platform should not be a problem any more

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 29 September 2012 at 21:21.
Old 29 September 2012, 19:23   #353
grimi

Quote:
Hi, please send a screenshot of the "painting" along with FS-UAE.log.
Done...
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (202.6 KB, 135 views)
Old 29 September 2012, 19:59   #354
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimi View Post
Done...
Thanks! Bug found -bugfix pushed to git, and will be included in 1.3.29.
Old 29 September 2012, 23:15   #355
Leffmann

I'm running the 1.3.28 on OS X Mountain Lion, and certain key combinations will result in the "a"-key to spontaneously press and hold by itself.

It happens if I type = and - after another, and I effectively get "=-aaaa" and so on. Same thing with "[]".

I'm using the American English keyboard layout inside WB 3.1, so the actual keys on my Macbook Pro are the two keys directly left of backspace, and the two keys directly below and to the right, if you can make sense of that.

Nothing particular in my configuration:
Code:
[config]
amiga_model = A1200
title = A1200 2M+8M KS 3.1
fast_memory = 8192
hard_drive_0 = betterwb31/Workbench
hard_drive_1 = betterwb31/Work
Old 29 September 2012, 23:54   #356
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
I'm running the 1.3.28 on OS X Mountain Lion, and certain key combinations will result in the "a"-key to spontaneously press and hold by itself.

It happens if I type = and - after another, and I effectively get "=-aaaa" and so on. Same thing with "[]".
I managed to reproduce the problem, which was caused by a key event with keysym 0 and scancode 0 received via SDL in this case, being interpreted as the "A" key based on the scancode (for physical key mapping). Specific code added to ignore the combination "keysym 0 and scancode 0" fixed the problem.

Now, if the automated build system works properly, an updated version should appear here http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/devel/1.3.28u10/ within a few minutes.

(@grimi This mini-update also fixes the shader problem btw).
Old 30 September 2012, 11:22   #357
Leffmann

Keyboard works fine now, thanks for the quick patch!
Old 01 October 2012, 16:59   #358
Leffmann

Another thing, with my Swedish keyboard and the American or British layout inside the Amiga, it's not possible to produce a backslash. I think it should be placed on one of the keys for apostrophe or diacritics, but these instead produce equality signs etc. that are already mapped on their regular keys.

Also, is there any way of getting a directory-based hard drive to remember protection flags for files?
Old 01 October 2012, 19:29   #359
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Another thing, with my Swedish keyboard and the American or British layout inside the Amiga, it's not possible to produce a backslash. I think it should be placed on one of the keys for apostrophe or diacritics, but these instead produce equality signs etc. that are already mapped on their regular keys.
Hi, the problem is that the Amiga keyboard has one more key on the number row than current PC keyboards, and backslash is on the right-most key (on Amiga) -to the left of backspace. I have mapped "Insert" to this key (the "closest" available key on this row, but of course, a bit unpractical for laptops with minimal keyboards).

The key to the right of Ä is seemingly available, but some international Amiga keyboards have an extra key here. I don't have any perfect solution for the PC <-> Amiga key mapping... :-/ -But perhaps it would be better to swap these two key mappings...

You can also remap keys with FS-UAE options.

Quote:
Also, is there any way of getting a directory-based hard drive to remember protection flags for files?
Not currently, but I have a plan for this. No-one has actually requested it before, but I can fast-track this feature if you need it!
Old 01 October 2012, 23:10   #360
Leffmann

Quote:
Hi, the problem is that the Amiga keyboard has one more key on the number row than current PC keyboards, and backslash is on the right-most key (on Amiga) -to the left of backspace. I have mapped "Insert" to this key (the "closest" available key on this row, but of course, a bit unpractical for laptops with minimal keyboards).

The key to the right of Ä is seemingly available, but some international Amiga keyboards have an extra key here. I don't have any perfect solution for the PC <-> Amiga key mapping... :-/ -But perhaps it would be better to swap these two key mappings...

You can also remap keys with FS-UAE options.
Yeah you're right, there's no easy solution for this. I will tweak the FS-UAE options to make it work.

Quote:
Not currently, but I have a plan for this. No-one has actually requested it before, but I can fast-track this feature if you need it!
No rush or need just for my sake! It just disables some scripts I had, nothing critical, and there are probably more important things to fix.

Thanks again!