English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 25 October 2013, 20:22   #341
jbl007

If I try to update the database without logging in, the launcher tries to connect forever. The stop-button has no effect. Closing the update window and/or the main window doesn't help. It tries to continue in the background. I had to "kill -9" the app.
Old 25 October 2013, 21:36   #342
krutknut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
I also had a chance to try FS-UAE 2.3.8dev in OS X 10.9. It works well. You already know about the pull down labels. I also noticed that the OAGD login window was behind the launcher window so I thought I could not log into OAGD until I finally found the login window. I also was unable to use Cmd-V to paste in my password. I ended up entering it manually. I did not try to see if Ctrl-V would have worked.

I like the fact that double-clicking the game entry starts the game again.

Except for the minor cosmetic issues, it is looking great as always.

Bob C
It works fine for me as well - except that, strangely, suddenly the config files had to be in the FS-UAE folder in my Documents folder - I used to have them together with FS-UAE on an USB stick instead. Perhaps something got messed up when I upgraded my system...
Old 26 October 2013, 19:55   #343
Pyromania

Does FS-UAE work with OS X Mavericks?
Old 26 October 2013, 20:07   #344
krutknut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Does FS-UAE work with OS X Mavericks?
Works for me. So far
Old 26 October 2013, 22:25   #345
amigafreak68k

For me too
Old 27 October 2013, 14:56   #346
Jason H

Hey. I like FS-UAE Launcher 2.3.8dev, in particular the option to mark some disk versions of a game as a favourite, but I wish to report that I am unable to launch the selected game using the Return/Enter key on my keyboard (Mac). I am able to do this operation on the latest 2.2.3 stable release. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks.
Old 27 October 2013, 20:16   #347
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
I wish to report that I am unable to launch the selected game using the Return/Enter key on my keyboard (Mac). I am able to do this operation on the latest 2.2.3 stable release.
Functionality changed when going from wxWidgets to QT, will re-implement for the next development release, thanks for reporting
Old 27 October 2013, 23:03   #348
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

So when we will we have "experimental" filter options like HQ2X and SuperSai?

I think I mention this every few months , tis a good hint
Old 27 October 2013, 23:15   #349
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
So when we will we have "experimental" filter options like HQ2X and SuperSai?

I think I mention this every few months , tis a good hint
... available loong time, since 1.3.2
From ChangeLog: * Bundled additional shaders: hq2x, scale2x (best with line_doubling=0 and/or low_resolution=1, depending on actual game resolution).

To activate, specify custom/advanced setting:
Code:
shader = hq2x
line_doubling = 0
low_resolution = 1
Old 28 October 2013, 22:57   #350
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Yeh thanks I think I remember trying HQ2X now in FS and it looks pretty awful, I still feel that supersai is still the best
Old 01 November 2013, 15:57   #351
amigafreak68k

There is another GUI problem in the latest dev build:

The size field is unusable...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ex1.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	37616   Click image for larger version

Name:	ex2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	37617  
Old 01 November 2013, 17:46   #352
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
I'm not sure, as this is a problem of FS-UAE Launcher, because I use since yesterday "Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks" and didn't startet the previews version of the Launcher, but I think the labels of the pull down menu buttons are a little bit misplaced (see scrennshot):
There is a known problem with QT on Maverick is seems (http://successfulsoftware.net/2013/1...0-9-mavericks/).

I have tried to enable the workaround mentioned, can you try http://fs-uae.net/devel/2.3.8dev8/ and see if it fixes the text alignment on buttons and controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
If I try to update the database without logging in, the launcher tries to connect forever. The stop-button has no effect. Closing the update window and/or the main window doesn't help. It tries to continue in the background. I had to "kill -9" the app.
Not forever, but quite many times (with some sleeps) and the stop button does indeed not work properly with all background operations. Will be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic_Ray View Post
And there's another function, which worked better in former versions. When I input e. g. 't', it doesn't react att all an doesn't show all entries starting with 't'. When I continue to insert 'tee', it shows 'Teeanage Mutant Hero Turtles'. But when I type 'teen' it shows no entry. I have to type 'teena' to see the entries again.
Thanks for the specific example, I found the bug and have fixed it This is brought back in the 2.3.8dev8 "unofficial build" mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
Hey. I like FS-UAE Launcher 2.3.8dev, in particular the option to mark some disk versions of a game as a favourite, but I wish to report that I am unable to launch the selected game using the Return/Enter key on my keyboard (Mac). I am able to do this operation on the latest 2.2.3 stable release. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks.
This is brought back in the 2.3.8dev8 "unofficial build" mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Yeh thanks I think I remember trying HQ2X now in FS and it looks pretty awful, I still feel that supersai is still the best
hq2x will look quite awful if the line doubling / lowres options are not used also!

Quote:
There is another GUI problem in the latest dev build: The size field is unusable...
Should also be fixed in the 2.3.8dev8 build. Probably related to the label alignment problem with QT on Maverick, but should be fixed anyway by now having a minimum width specified.
Old 01 November 2013, 20:23   #353
amigafreak68k

Hi Frode,

the QT-Mavericks-Bug seems to be fixed. But there is a format issue in the list view of local configs (between config name and the description in ->()<- )

Also there seems to be a graphical issue (see screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newdev.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	487.8 KB
ID:	37622  
Old 02 November 2013, 18:59   #354
liveevil
Custom User Title

Can I request a couple of basic additions please ? Is there any chance to have selectable screen filters in a drop down menu (like WinUAE) in the options and also drop down selectable drive sounds. Also can there be a clickable option to display on screen drive lights and customize which ones are displayed ? These are probably already available from using the command line but it would be easier to just see the options in the configuration menu so we don't need to consult the website to find out what the commands are.

The built-in scanlines option isn't really worth having as it looks nasty, thats why I ask if selectable filters in a menu is possible (like Real_Scanlines.png).

Thanks.

Also, I can't see the Start button with a screen res of 1024x600 because the screenshots are in the way, I can't start any games (when setting games manually) !

Last edited by liveevil; 02 November 2013 at 19:19.
Old 08 November 2013, 14:57   #355
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Hi Frode. I'm back with more tedious requests and questions.

My PPC G5 Mac died so I'm now on an Intel Mac. Unfortunately, I can't get XCode (to custom build FS-UAE) because Apple now forces you to go through the App Store - requiring Name, Address, Phone, Credit Card, and three strange psychological questions. (linking to your hardware to help the NSA I guess)

1. Can you add an NTSC vertical offset in Custom.cpp as a configuration option? see: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=863038&postcount=18

2. I used to be able to have multiple config files and double clicking opens them in FS-UAE, but now it always opens Default.fs-uae, no matter which config file you click on. (bug? sandboxing crap?)

3. I'm having a problem with keyboard setup. If I set arrow keys as arrow (to use properly in Workbench), I can't navigate the FS-UAE menu. Is there a way to make arrow keys work as both arrow and joystick?
Old 10 November 2013, 13:24   #356
Thomas Magnum

Hi Frode,

In the last dev builds I can't access my external drives on OSX anymore (my home folder and root only). Additional drives do not appear.
Is there an option for this?

Thank you very much
Best
Tom
Old 10 November 2013, 14:38   #357
amigafreak68k

You can select the Root and can write "Volumes" manually in the "File name" field. Now you see your other drives. Just a workaround.
Old 10 November 2013, 21:06   #358
Thomas Magnum

@amigafreak68k: thanks! that did it :-)
Old 11 November 2013, 21:13   #359
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
there is a format issue in the list view of local configs (between config name and the description in ->()<- )

Also there seems to be a graphical issue (see screenshot)
Hi, both are fixed now for the upcoming 2.3.9dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Can I request a couple of basic additions please ? Is there any chance to have selectable screen filters in a drop down menu (like WinUAE) in the options and also drop down selectable drive sounds. Also can there be a clickable option to display on screen drive lights and customize which ones are displayed ? These are probably already available from using the command line but it would be easier to just see the options in the configuration menu so we don't need to consult the website to find out what the commands are.
There'll probably be nice filter/shading selection in the future. I'm not working on this right now.

Quote:
The built-in scanlines option isn't really worth having as it looks nasty, thats why I ask if selectable filters in a menu is possible (like Real_Scanlines.png).
Remember that what is nasty and not is highly subjective not. I think the built-in scanlines look quite nice, at least if when the Amiga pixels line up with native pixels. I'm using a nicer scanline shader myself now though, and the old / built-in scanline function will probably disappear in the future (it predates the shader functionality).

Quote:
Also, I can't see the Start button with a screen res of 1024x600 because the screenshots are in the way, I can't start any games (when setting games manually) !
The Launcher does not support the 1024x600 resolution right now, enhancement ticket here: http://fs-uae.net/trac/ticket/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500 View Post
1. Can you add an NTSC vertical offset in Custom.cpp as a configuration option? see: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=863038&postcount=18
Hi, I can probably fix something... just need to read up on the issue again. I created an enhancement ticket here: http://fs-uae.net/trac/ticket/9

Quote:
2. I used to be able to have multiple config files and double clicking opens them in FS-UAE, but now it always opens Default.fs-uae, no matter which config file you click on. (bug? sandboxing crap?)
I tested it here now, and it works on OS X 10.8 at least. Do you by any chance run 10.9? It is of course possible that it no longer works on 10.9 (can anyone else confirm?)

Quote:
3. I'm having a problem with keyboard setup. If I set arrow keys as arrow (to use properly in Workbench), I can't navigate the FS-UAE menu. Is there a way to make arrow keys work as both arrow and joystick?
The "right way" is to simply to not have "keyboard" inserted into any joystick port (don't use custom input to override and map cursor keys to cursor keys )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Magnum View Post
In the last dev builds I can't access my external drives on OSX anymore (my home folder and root only). Additional drives do not appear. Is there an option for this?
Hi, I guess the Qt dialogs don't show everything they should... It seems possible to persuade Qt to use native file dialogs in some circumstances - and these (native dialogs) are nicer anyway. Enhancement ticket registered: http://fs-uae.net/trac/ticket/11
Old 12 November 2013, 03:54   #360
bcripon

Frode,

I cannot get the multi-reply to work for me correctly. However, I wanted to mention that I can confirm mr_a500's report about not being able to double-click a config file and having it start up FS-UAE. However, I think this is related to 10.9. I do not know if it is simply a bug or if it is related to sandboxing. Anyway, I noticed this with the Atari ST emulator that I use. Before 10.9, I could double-click a disk file and the emulator started with that disk in drive A. Now, that does not happen.

Bob C