English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 December 2019, 12:08   #3561
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
@jbenam if underclocking the Voodoo actually changed something you have problems elsewhere. As always I suspect power issues. I have one Voodoo 3-2000 when installed in a PowerMac 7200 goes into heat death mode, like you can smell the VRM heating up the board, case, smells like burning. But install it in a dodgy A4000 with an original PSU, and it's warm but not really that warm.
Voltages levels are perfect, and while I do not have an oscilloscope, I've recently recapped the entire PSU. I'll build a ghetto ATX to A4000D adapter asap and test with another PSU just to be sure. I'm starting to think that it's just a kinda dodgy V3 (got it for really cheap) although it seems to work well on a PC.
Old 22 December 2019, 00:21   #3562
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Voltages levels are perfect, and while I do not have an oscilloscope, I've recently recapped the entire PSU. I'll build a ghetto ATX to A4000D adapter asap and test with another PSU just to be sure. I'm starting to think that it's just a kinda dodgy V3 (got it for really cheap) although it seems to work well on a PC.
Where did you test the voltages, on a drive connector? Two good places to test are the cap on the edge of the A4000 motherboard next to the last SIMM socket and on the Ramix board itself.
Or it really could just be a dodgy V3, that would account for the display corruption.
Old 23 December 2019, 15:17   #3563
Cowcat

[ Show youtube player ]

Just to point out that this is the work of the guys doing the big endian devilutionX port and people forget about those particular details: I just sliced my brain doing my own warpos version(s). Testing executable(s) are in my github.....
Old 23 December 2019, 16:23   #3564
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Nice work, Cowcat, regarding the WOS port! :-)

Anyone already test this on a CSPPC?
Old 24 December 2019, 12:02   #3565
BULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcat View Post
[ Show youtube player ]

Just to point out that this is the work of the guys doing the big endian devilutionX port and people forget about those particular details: I just sliced my brain doing my own warpos version(s). Testing executable(s) are in my github.....

Old 25 December 2019, 09:58   #3566
AMike

Quote:
Awesome work!!
Can you point me the way to your github, please? I'm not often here. Thank you.

Edit: @all in general - is there a place where I can find all your WOS ports? All of you did a great job with the sonnet project and the ports and the Amiga community need to know that and where to find. Thank you and merry christmas.
Old 25 December 2019, 10:41   #3567
trixster
Guru Meditating

Marlon is doing a great job collecting a bunch of stuff here:

https://github.com/AmigaPorts?tab=repositories
Old 25 December 2019, 10:42   #3568
Cowcat

Look around Coders/General or https://github.com/Cowcat5150 for some of my ports.
Old 25 December 2019, 16:24   #3569
AMike

@Cowcat & trixster
Thanks for the links - will test it asap.
Old 26 December 2019, 18:47   #3570
AMike

Quote:
[ Show youtube player ]

Holy Moly - first try and the Diablo starts. There are some problems but overall a very impressive port. Thanks for your hard work. The problems which I encountered after a short test of 30 Min.
  • Intro music stutters - I think my A4000 has not enough power for that.
  • Grafik issues in the loading screen - it starts correctly but after 2 or 3 seconds the screen scrambles.
  • Sometimes I have sound problems - but unfortunately I cannot reproduce them. For a while, everything runs normally but suddenly the music changes to a loud and annoying noise. But after a new dungeon is loaded the error is gone and the music plays normally again.

Beside that problems the games run very smooth on my machine - again - great work.
A4000PPC 66/366Mhz, CybervisionPPC, MelodyPro, Kick3.1 - OS3.9, AHI 4.18.

The right screen is always scrambled and I can't read the requester.

Last edited by AMike; 07 October 2020 at 21:11.
Old 26 December 2019, 19:32   #3571
Cowcat

@AMike Well, it is not a totally functional game and some parts are missing like getting the correct Amiga paths and saving levels. This is a known issue till the endian needed code is finished. About both pictures they show error messages than you don't see because you are missing the font.ttf file. The readme tells it. But cool, at least I got some other input of other warpos systems. The original Amiga diablo developers have a thread opened here?

More edit: This port doesn't use the 8bit screenmode code as 68k version has, and probably that makes movie/intro sounds, etc. to go slower because they are scaled up to the game resolution.

Last edited by Cowcat; 26 December 2019 at 19:46.
Old 26 December 2019, 20:44   #3572
AMike

Quote:
About both pictures they show error messages than you don't see because you are missing the font.ttf file. The readme tells it.

More edit: This port doesn't use the 8bit screenmode code as 68k version has, and probably that makes movie/intro sounds, etc. to go slower because they are scaled up to the game resolution.
Hmm...am I blind? In the devilutenX lha was no readme and I can't find the info on github. The fonts are not in my diablo directory (gog install) and google wasn't helpfull. Where can I find these fonts. Thanks

Quote:
No problem - the intro is not the important part.
Old 26 December 2019, 21:16   #3573
Cowcat

Quote:
Hmm...am I blind?

https://github.com/Cowcat5150/devilu...ackaging/amiga

NON TOTALLY OFF TOPIC Developing for warpos in a morphos environment can be a bitch when using c/c++ mixed binaries (at least for now). I've seen some MOS users testing the alternate warpos version of DevilutionX because of one of those lucky recompiles moving things around and when the planets align so I could make it kinda working (I know it crashes on end). Not a joke about the planets. The MOS version eventually will appear but I'm probably stupid enough to not have a working binary or code jokes at me as other warpos programs

Last edited by Cowcat; 26 December 2019 at 21:33.
Old 26 December 2019, 21:17   #3574
AMike

Thanks
Old 27 December 2019, 09:41   #3575
BULI

I tested Diablo on A4000 and Ragnarok, Voodoo3, SoundBlaster.

It was quick test, few minutes.
DiabloWOS works good (I don't tested save, probably don't work now).
Anim/Intro works with sound (sound is little to fast than video).In game sound and the rest works very well.
I was walking, talking, fighting in underground etc.
I had about 34-29 FPS

EXIT out of game doesn't work correct - black screen.

Big Thanks Cowcat (and Arti)
Old 27 December 2019, 10:19   #3576
AMike

How can I activate the FPS?
Old 27 December 2019, 11:01   #3577
BULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
How can I activate the FPS?

In CLI use parametr -f
Old 27 December 2019, 11:55   #3578
AMike

Thanks
Old 27 December 2019, 13:35   #3579
BULI

How many FPS do you have on your config?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
Thanks
Old 27 December 2019, 14:29   #3580
AMike

Have to test - will post the result here.