English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 May 2005, 00:48   #321
Mark Thompson

Well, I've had a PM from narud17 and I'll be sending him a copy for nothing soon. I don't know if he wants the 200 and 444 compilation CDs, but I'll just send him the 888 if he doesn't get back to me before the end of tomorrow.

I admire your modesty Frostwork, but it's a mammoth task you undertook and it's a disgrace when people can sell off all your hard work. One can only hope that the buyer will look at the notes and find they've been conned whereupon they'll leave bad feedback. I actually nearly fell for it before I knew it was available on the net but after a bit of searching I came across this forum.

I first found the 200 compilation on www..com and it's still there, but currently no seeders though it's nice to see it being spread. My eBay ID is Markytho and even though I've got 100% feedback I'd like to think that I'd leave negative feedback if I fell foul to that trick. Gives me an idea of informing potential buyers but then the sellers put it at a Buy Now price. Suppose I could sell for a small fee but I might get a negative from rogues.
Old 18 May 2005, 20:33   #322
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Spreading Frostwork CD's

So i think i can't do more than publishing direct links from my website here to help people to download it for free
I also share this CD on Emule just search for CD32-888......

My website has a very very fast bandwith and the download rate is just reduce by your connection

So i think i can't do more

If some people want to buy it on Ebay, there is a problem!!!!!

Frostwork don't have been paid for the works he made so why people selling this gem should be paid????????
For Burning The ISO file??????
Let me laugh

Again, i give you links for the ISO file in 12 parts and download it and share it the most as possible

I think FrostWork like the way i'm sharing his work so do so.....

Part1
Part2
Part3
Part4
Part5
Part6
Part7
Part8
Part9
Part10
Part11
Part12

There are also many FTP which share those CD ( like KombatSanta's FTP for example, thanks for him) and with a bit of search, everyone could easily find a way to download those CD's for free.

I'm about to do a Demos & Games compilations like the Frosty's one
I think it will be finish within 2 month (i don't have much time and it take a lot of time )
It include ALL the whdload Demos wich run on a standard CD32 and some games i like and adventure games (some in french version) and i don't want want to be disturb by Ebay problems...........

So the best way is to share.................

Thanks for all who help spreading

Cya
Old 19 May 2005, 11:23   #323
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochabian

My website has a very very fast bandwith and the download rate is just reduce by your connection
What's the exact bandwith?

I have a 24Mbit line
Old 19 May 2005, 14:16   #324
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

@KombatSanta :

I don't know exactly the bandwith but the website is hosted by my provider so i think it's very very fast.

I've got a 8Mb connection and i'm downloading from my website at 785Kb/s

I think it's quite fast for me

I you want, just try to download from the links of my last post to test bandwith
Old 22 May 2005, 15:21   #325
narud17

Well a couple of things first off thanks to mark thompson for sending me the disks and second just to say how good they are I haven't even scratched the surface yet theres so many to choose from.So once again thanks all.
Old 25 May 2005, 12:30   #326
Figi

Rochabian, thanx for spreading. With your fast webserver, getting the iso was a matter of minutes. Nice work. :-)

And frostbyte: GREAT JOB! Unlike the CD32-200-Collection, with your menu the real CD32 doesn't lock itself up in trying to locate the next track for some musical tune or video but responds to me selecting the next great game. Just played a round of Chaos Engine (but seriously lacked a second human player :P).

Can't wait until the 444-iso has been d/led from emule. But than again, I'll have many things to explore on the 888 in the meantime.

You two, keep up such great work, you have my endless gratitude. Now isn't that something. :-)
Old 25 May 2005, 17:20   #327
frostwork

Hi!
Thank you all
Old 25 May 2005, 17:49   #328
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Nice to see that spreading is usefull and makes some people happy ;-)

Cya
Old 25 May 2005, 20:52   #329
Xenon

Yes, It's great Now also, my friends enjoy the CD's with my console

Yours,
Old 27 May 2005, 21:56   #330
Mark Thompson

No problem narud17 and I'm glad you're enjoying them CDs. Indeed Rochabian must be thanked for his exceptional bandwidth, but not that it made any difference for me as I'm only on 512 k though it was still a fast download and I must not forget KombatSanta's FTP which is just as fast.
Figi, just in case you didn't know the 444 is also available through the aforementioned FTP. I guess the 200 one locks-up because there's more processes going-on but this one only has to think about the music. I must say some of the music is nice as well though some of it's a bit like the early nineties where it becomes too limiting in upbeat, but these compilations are party-suited.

I reckon Frostwork should have asked for donations in the notes somewhere like through PayPal as some of us might well have been inclined to and he could have commandeered a figure to entice us with saying that he'd be willing to do another compilation if he got the right sum of money. At the end of the day it's a job in itself so why shouldn't he benefit? Commercial quality.
Old 29 May 2005, 14:38   #331
Figi

Hi Mark,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Thompson
Figi, just in case you didn't know the 444 is also available through the aforementioned FTP.
Yes, I figured that out reading this thread, but I don't want to register to yet another board just to get the adress and login... started the donkey instead to get the 444.

Quote:
I guess the 200 one locks-up because there's more processes going-on but this one only has to think about the music.
yes, that's the reason. The 200 is a very nice compilation, but nearly unplayable on the real CD-32, because it takes AGES just to select a game. :P

Quote:
I reckon Frostwork should have asked for donations in the notes somewhere like through PayPal ... At the end of the day it's a job in itself so why shouldn't he benefit? Commercial quality.
I agree. Although I'm not into PayPal, I could send him sth if he provided me his bank account data in a private message... *hint*
Old 29 May 2005, 23:49   #332
Xenon

Figi, the CD-200 menu system is faster than CD32-444 and CD32-888. The only "problem" this compilation has is that some games require mouse or keyboard.

Yours,
Old 30 May 2005, 11:01   #333
Figi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon
Figi, the CD-200 menu system is faster than CD32-444 and CD32-888. The only "problem" this compilation has is that some games require mouse or keyboard.
Did you ever play the CD on the real CD32, or did you use WinUAE?
Because the real thing spends more time looking for the next track on CD (music, video, picture, whatever) than waiting for input from the controller and thus is a nightmare when it comes to selecting a game. Worse, the time spend looking for the next track is "counted" and triggers the "screen saver"-like videos (where the menu disappears), so it happens quite often that the CD32 just found the damn tune it was looking for and immediately starts looking for the video or slideshow it wants to display next. Again ignoring controller input. :P

Since my CD32 doesn't have that kind of problems with other games - original or burned on the same media-type as the CD-200 - I figured it is because the CD-200 needs to reload a lot of data that is scattered around the disc, which takes some time for the rather slow mechanics of the drive. Sure a modern 48-something-x CDROM in a PC doesn't have those troubles, let alone an .iso on a harddisc, hence the question if anyone ever tried the disc in the real thing. :P

If someone has and is not experiencing the troubles I listed above, can you tell me which media type, burner and burn prefs you used to get it to work decently?
Old 30 May 2005, 11:17   #334
Xenon

I have played only in my CD32. Remember that you MUST burn the CD at MINIMUM Speed and TRACK AT ONCE If you burn as I tell you, you'll see that CD-200 is incredibily fast.

Yours,
Old 30 May 2005, 11:33   #335
Figi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon
I have played only in my CD32. Remember that you MUST burn the CD at MINIMUM Speed and TRACK AT ONCE If you burn as I tell you, you'll see that CD-200 is incredibily fast.
Thanks for the advice, I will try that. :-)
Old 30 May 2005, 13:16   #336
frostwork

Hi!

Yep, as xenon alredy said, MINIMUM Speed

Thanks for generous offer regarding the money, but I don't want it, as
i don't like money very much...
As whdload-crew did the main work, please get registered on whdload.de
if you want to play the cds, ok?
Old 30 May 2005, 14:37   #337
Figi

Just tried it, and guess what - the CD-200 works like a charm now. I blame my old cd writer, which managed to mess up three copies on different media, all burned with 2x speed (it was a 4x burner, anyway). Got a brand new Plextor writer since late March 05, burned the ISO with 4x speed on a no name media, works perfectly well. :-)

Frostwork, I understand your opinion on money and will check out the WHDLoad-page.
Old 02 June 2005, 01:19   #338
Mark Thompson

Guess it's because I was using DAO instead of TAO and I'll have to try that some time. Though I did burn it at minimum speed which is 4x on my burner and I shouldn't have been doubting the prowess of the Amiga's multitasking capabilities.

You must be one of the few people Frostwork who have an attitude like that towards money and you seem one of those types who likes to impress as well as doesn't see any importance in what can be gained for yourself, but for others.

I actually got in contact with one of the eBayers who were selling your compilations and his excuse was that not everyone's got broadband.

I'll check-out the WHD-load page too in a bit and I'd like to point-out that there's a torrent for CD32 audio at www..com for just type CD32 in search, but no-one's managed to snag it. What's the point in uploading?
Old 09 June 2005, 11:41   #339
Darkg

I need help to download cd32 888

Help the link of frostwork dont work for me!!1
any can tell me where i can find a http site where i can download it?

Old 09 June 2005, 11:47   #340
BippyM
Global Moderator

try P2P like Emule etc...