plasmab
Banned

The drivers will be the same
Old 16 January 2018, 13:22   #3222
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
The drivers will be the same
Sorry for confusion but I'm aware the drivers will be same, meant tf530 as a path to contribute to the spi in general moving forward with your code there and here as a whole. I may get together a cpld spi prototype with the help of bprepared , use your code and try do this on the firebird cd32 riser but we will see otherwise I'll get the a500 sorted depends what I feel like . I think most people I talk to want Ethernet so I'll go down that path.

Wonder if this can be done with winuae and USB spi? Hmm

Last edited by solidcore; 16 January 2018 at 13:28.
Old 16 January 2018, 19:01   #3223
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
Sorry for confusion but I'm aware the drivers will be same, meant tf530 as a path to contribute to the spi in general moving forward with your code there and here as a whole. I may get together a cpld spi prototype with the help of bprepared , use your code and try do this on the firebird cd32 riser but we will see otherwise I'll get the a500 sorted depends what I feel like . I think most people I talk to want Ethernet so I'll go down that path.

Wonder if this can be done with winuae and USB spi? Hmm

Toni contacted me about that last bit offering to help, but then said he doesn’t want to add hardware that doesn’t exist. Fair enough.
Old 16 January 2018, 19:10   #3224
solidcore

Quote:
Toni contacted me about that last bit offering to help, but then said he doesn’t want to add hardware that doesn’t exist. Fair enough.
Ahhhh fair enough then . Would of been nice feature really oh well . Maybe Toni will reconsider at some point .
Old 16 January 2018, 19:18   #3225
plasmab
Banned

I may compile a patch/fork of fs-uae for testing. Adding my auto config badger should be easy
Old 16 January 2018, 19:21   #3226
solidcore

Quote:
I may compile a patch/fork of fs-uae for testing. Adding my auto config badger should be easy
That would be brilliant . Please do . Thanks Stephen .
Old 16 January 2018, 19:38   #3227
plasmab
Banned

Which usb spi module where you thinking of
Old 16 January 2018, 19:45   #3228
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
Ahhhh fair enough then . Would of been nice feature really oh well . Maybe Toni will reconsider at some point .
I won't do hardware emulation of new previously "unknown" hardware (SPI) without any way to properly test it with existing and functional driver.

Finding some existing hardware that uses SPI and has confirmed working driver would fix that problem.
Old 16 January 2018, 19:59   #3229
plasmab
Banned

I am considering recompiling EmuTOS with TF530 spi port support. The driver in there is comprehensive.
Old 16 January 2018, 20:03   #3230
solidcore

Toni, that's alright I hear what you're saying maybe we can find something for you at some point . Will need to do some research my end . Thanks again and great work with winuae it's a blessing!
Edit : is sd net off the cards for you ?

Stephen, what USB: spi controller you thinking would be sufficient anyway I have been trying to find a option that is cheap and meets the requirements but so many solutions come up especially adruinos but unsure about that. Or are we keeping it strictly software sided?

Oh yeah love a bit of TOS me , are drivers cross compatible between the two ? I don't know much about Amiga and Atari drivers .

Last edited by solidcore; 16 January 2018 at 20:11.
Old 16 January 2018, 20:21   #3231
Amiga1992

What is SPI?
Old 16 January 2018, 21:23   #3232
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I won't do hardware emulation of new previously "unknown" hardware (SPI) without any way to properly test it with existing and functional driver.

Finding some existing hardware that uses SPI and has confirmed working driver would fix that problem.
To be clear there is nothing required to emulate SPI. SPI isnt really a protocol so much as "A master and a slave exchange a byte simultaneously".

The SD card protocol is a different matter but there already exists an emulation for this in SoftGUN.

http://softgun.sourceforge.net
http://softgun.sourceforge.net/sdcard.shtml

I've used this with Hatari before. All you do is compile in the MMC code and whenever the amiga writes to the 8 bit SPI port you write that byte to the MMC layer with the spi_byte_exchange() type api call. Aside from setting up the hardfile and card versions thats the job done.

I'll demo this with something i can compile on linux if i get time. Unless i can compile winuae without installing Visual Studio.
Old 16 January 2018, 21:33   #3233
spidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post

Here is a working SPI implementation for the Wicher 500i card. Currently card supports the DS1306 chipset and the mp3 decoder VS1003.
Old 17 January 2018, 00:02   #3234
plasmab
Banned

I grabbed the WinUAE git repo and it doesnt compile. Hardcoded paths in there for D:\Amiga and some bits and pieces that dont compile with VS2017 Community Edition. I'll use FSUAE for my tests. I recommend some work on the build process for WinUAE but thats always low on the priority list.
Old 17 January 2018, 07:41   #3235
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
To be clear there is nothing required to emulate SPI. SPI isnt really a protocol so much as "A master and a slave exchange a byte simultaneously".

The SD card protocol is a different matter but there already exists an emulation for this in SoftGUN.
It won't change the situation. I won't do anything blindly. Test case is required. I don't do test cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidi View Post
Here is a working SPI implementation for the Wicher 500i card. Currently card supports the DS1306 chipset and the mp3 decoder VS1003.
Which is totally different than talking to a SD card. (and those kinds of expansions don't really make much sense in my opinion except for experimentation)

Quote:
I grabbed the WinUAE git repo and it doesnt compile. Hardcoded paths in there for D:\Amiga and some bits and pieces that dont compile with VS2017 Community Edition. I'll use FSUAE for my tests. I recommend some work on the build process for WinUAE but thats always low on the priority list.
You need http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuaeinclibs.zip and latest Windows 10 SDK. 2017 is supported. Don't use debug builds. I still don't do documentation.
Old 17 January 2018, 11:18   #3236
plasmab
Banned

Yeah I’m an automation freak. I want to dockerize everything. I’ll use FS-UAE for now.
Old 17 January 2018, 15:08   #3237
amigoun

Does anyone here run HRTMon on CD32 & TF328? I managed to run it with the IDE working. I can for example save picture to CF within the HRTMon. I would like to use the SA function to work as I use it on A1200 quite often. Here it freeze. Most likely this is expected due missing features of CD32, but still does anyone think this can be made to work?
Old 17 January 2018, 15:50   #3238
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
Does anyone here run HRTMon on CD32 & TF328? I managed to run it with the IDE working. I can for example save picture to CF within the HRTMon. I would like to use the SA function to work as I use it on A1200 quite often. Here it freeze. Most likely this is expected due missing features of CD32, but still does anyone think this can be made to work?

I don’t think I wired up the NMI in the ram cpld firmware... when I saw people with the NMI header Jumpered it scared me off doing that. I’ve not tried HRTmon yet but it’s on my (long) todo list.
Old 17 January 2018, 17:04   #3239
amigoun

I dont use the NMI, I use the FREEZEKEY tooltype of WHDLoad to activate HRTMon by simple keypress.
Old 17 January 2018, 17:06   #3240
plasmab
Banned

Expansion board for the CD32

Ah ok. No idea about your issue. Are you on v41?

Last edited by plasmab; 17 January 2018 at 17:11.