English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 May 2021, 10:40   #301
aeberbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Well, you can also get the burner equipment+adapter for ~50-60 dollars?
You need a programmer, a common one is the TL866II. Then you need an EPROM (or two, depending on Amiga) + the adapter because these don’t fit in the common programmers. The EPROM has to be blank and often new ones are fine but they really need to be erased first to be sure - if any bits are not correctly zeroed the ROM does not work. So you need a UV eraser (or a lot of sunny days and a lot of patience).

Alternatively you can buy a flash-based EPROM emulator from gglabs, FR216, and those are great, but you still need an adapter for the TL866II and they cost a lot more than a plain ROM. That’s electrically erasable so no delays with UV erasing.

I think you would be lucky to get set up for $50-60. Not saying you couldn’t, you’d just need to find some bargains.
Old 22 May 2021, 12:04   #302
Fuzzball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512k View Post
For just now physical only digital will come later

https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=51
Thanks. I'll wait then.
Old 22 May 2021, 14:15   #303
E-Penguin
Banana

Well, it arrived today and is up and running. I made a little blog about it here:

https://amigadventures.tumblr.com/po...impressions-so

The screen-dragging off-screen doesn't seem to be working; do I need to do something special?

-----------------------------

Edit: Yes, it appears I do need to do something special, under Prefs/IControl. RTFM n00b

Last edited by E-Penguin; 22 May 2021 at 14:28.
Old 22 May 2021, 14:30   #304
polomint

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
Well, it arrived today and is up and running. I made a little blog about it here:

https://amigadventures.tumblr.com/po...impressions-so

The screen-dragging off-screen doesn't seem to be working; do I need to do something special?
Not sure if it is the same as v3.1.4, but the offscreen window dragging was provided by a new intuition.library

Have you copied the intuition-v45.library from the relevant modules disk to your LIBS: as intuition.library?

I had to alter the startup-sequence so that the first few lines were as below;

Original startup-sequence start of file
Code:
If Exists C:LoadModule
C:Version exec.library version 46 >NIL:
  If Warn
    C:LoadModule ROMUPDATE
  EndIf
EndIf
I replaced the above with
Code:
C:LoadModule LIBS:intuition.library
Obviously make sure LoadModule is in C:

Hope that helps.
Old 22 May 2021, 14:49   #305
E-Penguin
Banana

It turned out that I just needed to tick a box in one of the prefs tools. There's a lot of scope for customisation
Old 22 May 2021, 14:53   #306
polomint

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
It turned out that I just needed to tick a box in one of the prefs tools. There's a lot of scope for customisation
Nice, seems it may auto-install that then, might have to upgrade too
Old 22 May 2021, 15:08   #307
saimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
6) No KingCon feature requester-like TAB completion functionality. If
you press TAB, without any previous character being printed, a TAB is
issued on the console.
I had forgotten to ask: does KingCON work on AmigaOS 3.2?
Old 22 May 2021, 15:30   #308
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbob42 View Post
Jeff Bezos is selling USB CD-ROMs for less than 20 Euros...
I just recently bought a CD-RW drive for one of my Amigas for £3.50 including postage on eBay.
Old 22 May 2021, 17:39   #309
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimo View Post
I had forgotten to ask: does KingCON work on AmigaOS 3.2?
Yes it does, you may need to enable simple shell mode first.
Vinced also works fine as well as other similar tools.

You may also wish to grab the updated VisualPrefs from Aminet that includes some extra settings for 3.2 customization.
Old 22 May 2021, 17:43   #310
saimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Yes it does, you may need to enable simple shell mode first.
Great! Thank you.
Old 22 May 2021, 17:49   #311
number6

@thread

Repost for Walkero:

Live presentation of AmigaOS 3.2 this Saturday 22nd of May, at 6pm CET (5pm GMT+1)

detail and link

Old 22 May 2021, 21:42   #312
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
It was great stream, thank you all, even people in chat. I am even looking forward to watch it again from recording.
Old 22 May 2021, 22:38   #313
number6

@thread

Noticed in the stream a question about U.S. dealers.

So: http://amigaonthelake.com/amigaos-3-2/

Old 22 May 2021, 22:50   #314
steenl

Really looking forward to receiving the CDs and physical ROMs for both my Amiga
Old 23 May 2021, 04:31   #315
systmcrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
... Together we will show you the new awesome features of AmigaOS 3.2, the installation process and will answer your questions. Come join us and let’s celebrate this new release.
just watched the recording, thanx!

my reaction @29:10 to 32:50: clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap =)
Old 23 May 2021, 07:58   #316
systmcrsh

@ devteam: ~2:31:30 in walkero's twitch stream it was said that people who are looking to add syntax highlighting for different programming languages in textedit, to reach out to you.

i would happily volunteer to do what i can for AmigaE. i've programmed a lot in e and have created highlighting files for e and arexx for my own use in ultraedit on pc/mac.

i'm not sure how comprehensive the highlighting files i made for ultraedit were, but they were adequate for my use, and i try to be as thorough as i can when doing such things.

i'm not a programmer by trade, i do it as a hobby, so i would defer to anyone else with more experience...

having highlighting for more languages would be awesome.

so if noone else out there volunteer's for e, or if someone just wants an extra hand in doing it, i'm down
Old 23 May 2021, 09:02   #317
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by systmcrsh View Post
@ devteam: ~2:31:30 in walkero's twitch stream it was said that people who are looking to add syntax highlighting for different programming languages in textedit, to reach out to you.

i would happily volunteer to do what i can for AmigaE. i've programmed a lot in e and have created highlighting files for e and arexx for my own use in ultraedit on pc/mac.

i'm not sure how comprehensive the highlighting files i made for ultraedit were, but they were adequate for my use, and i try to be as thorough as i can when doing such things.

i'm not a programmer by trade, i do it as a hobby, so i would defer to anyone else with more experience...

having highlighting for more languages would be awesome.

so if noone else out there volunteer's for e, or if someone just wants an extra hand in doing it, i'm down
Hi So we have flype, you, and one of our betatesters interested in an E highlighter. Please pm me so I can put you in touch. Basically the situation regarding highlighter plugins is this: The API for the texteditor.gadget is published in the NDK. The API for the plugin of textedit is not published yet.

The API for the plugin is not super secret, but I'd like to get feedback from early users like you guys before making it public. By the same token I'd ask that you don't publish your plugin until the API is published. If you do and I then change the API before publishing things will be incompatible. I have no problem with your development happening in a public place like github, because people that build for themselves will also easy be able to build a new version once the API is final.

Finally a small description of the gadget API: it is based around a hook that you supply. You will get a status ULONG of the line before, and the string of the line. You then parse the line and call a function like markup(1, 5, BOLD and BLUE) etc. Once you have marked up the line to your liking, you then return from the hook returning the ULONG status that will be passed on when you are called for the next line. The ULONG when called for the fist line is always 0. And the hook is called for the lines the user is editing, and then each line onward until the ULONG is the same as last time the highlighting was done for the line.

This way of doing it is the same as other editors on other platforms do it so I feel very comfortable that it is good enough design.

Other ideas besides E could be: installer, amigaguide, but also reimplementation of the basic 4 in assembler, or a spelling plugin (there is a markup that shows a red curvy line below). Someone might also want to create an easier configurable plugin when non-programmers could specify the markup in some kind of configuration file. I hope to see a lot of creativity from the community
Old 23 May 2021, 11:28   #318
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
Other ideas besides E could be: installer, amigaguide, but also reimplementation of the basic 4 in assembler, or a spelling plugin (there is a markup that shows a red curvy line below). Someone might also want to create an easier configurable plugin when non-programmers could specify the markup in some kind of configuration file. I hope to see a lot of creativity from the community
We also had an inquiry concerning LaTEX highlighting support.

A public github would be best for collaboration and would also help those who have in depth knowledge of the language to be highlighted, but who may not be experienced in C and Hooks at the same time.
Old 23 May 2021, 13:05   #319
number6

@thread

Replay of the 3.2 presentation:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by number6; 23 May 2021 at 13:10. Reason: Missing title
Old 23 May 2021, 14:08   #320
walkero

Thanks number6 for sharing this. Hope you guys like the presentation.