English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 February 2012, 15:32   #301
terminills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakov View Post
Where do find this Termillus to bug him? :-)

yes? ;D

I was waiting to see if there was enough demand for the system. If people want it shall be available.

Old 11 March 2012, 11:15   #302
lm1234

@Toni:

When opening an amigaguide file (.guide) in multiview, aros reboots.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (8.1 KB, 222 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (43.1 KB, 216 views)

Old 12 March 2012, 12:23   #303
Mequa

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminills View Post
yes? ;D

I was waiting to see if there was enough demand for the system. If people want it shall be available.
Yes please! I had problems downloading/building the above on Kubuntu 11.10. I'd like a working cross-compiler to build my AROS project for 68k.
Old 18 March 2012, 13:28   #304
f40

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminills View Post
yes? ;D

I want it too, please, Terminills !

Old 04 April 2012, 21:03   #305
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CSPPC SCSI (cybppc.device) should be finally working (I assume CSMK3 had same problem, both use same SCSI chip)

Big thanks to Arnljot for selling me an A4000 and loaning me fully loaded CSPPC for testing and debugging, it made debugging only annoying instead of near-impossible
Old 13 April 2012, 22:35   #306
Mequa

Game compatibility list?

Is there a game compatibility list for AROS ROM yet?

I tried several versions of Exile AGA version, including the cracked version by HOODLUM ("Exile (1995)(Audiogenic)(AGA)[cr HLM]"), and the hard drive version from BTTR (downloadable from this page), using the attached script to launch the latter from a boot drive using AROS ROM (renamed to .txt).

It appears to work until you select load/save options, then it freezes up. I wasn't able to get any useful information from WinUAE logs, having compared them before and after the crash. (Luckily snapshots do work.)

I was thinking this title would be a good choice for creating a Windows installer using WinUAE and AROS ROM...
Attached Files
File Type: txt start.txt (106 Bytes, 226 views)
Old 14 April 2012, 18:05   #307
amigajunkie

@Toni:

RexxMast (AOS version) gives "Illegal Instruction" error !
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (22.3 KB, 202 views)

Old 14 April 2012, 18:11   #308
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mequa View Post
Is there a game compatibility list for AROS ROM yet?
No. Too early for that because most non-RTG games poke directly to screen's bitmap which is not working yet.

Games that take over the system (including whdload) and RTG compatible games should work fine, at least technically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigajunkie View Post
RexxMast (AOS version) gives "Illegal Instruction" error !
You need to also use AOS rexx libs because there are some mysterious undocumented library vectors that RexxMast uses.
Old 14 April 2012, 18:20   #309
amigajunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post

You need to also use AOS rexx libs because there are some mysterious undocumented library vectors that RexxMast uses.

You're right; I used AOS rexx libs and now rexxmast is launched without error !

Old 14 April 2012, 18:33   #310
amigajunkie

@Toni:

FTManager applet (in sys:system) gives "Memory header not located" recoverable alert !
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog1.txt (22.7 KB, 212 views)

Old 27 August 2012, 18:56   #311
wawa

for all interested, a flick aros68k runing on my amigah!!

starring an a4k /060-50 csppc 128mb, revision d equipped with mediator4kdi and currently only cv64 and x-surf. usually i use sunrise as516 for sound under aros,just because i couldnt find another zorro soundcard, even though im sure i have one. pci not supported yet, devices get recognized though.
miamidx comes handy as network stack, as aros native one doesnt seem to be functional yet. a number of software i tried to run, mostly on rtg. as you see no crashes but even if there is one mostly it gets handled by the system, so its just an app that crashes. i forgot to run the most, among those my own sdl aos 68k ports (kuklomenos and pig in that case), which i will try to catch up with next time.

Old 27 August 2012, 19:36   #312
wXR

What is the latest with this AROS 68k development anyway? Miss your regular updates tony!
Old 27 August 2012, 20:11   #313
wawa

i guess it would be too much to tell. you can download the nightly and see for yourself. what hardware do you have to run it on, i might be of help in trouble.
Old 27 August 2012, 20:17   #314
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Don't have anything interesting enough to post here.

I'll post something when planar bitmaps have "non-RTG" format or some other major compatibility issue or missing feature has been implemented.
Old 05 September 2012, 19:50   #315
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Something I've always wondered... all you need to create a minimal workbench environment is to put the "loadwb" command on a bootable floppy. It's only a small executable. Presumably it's possible to go straight to a workbench screen without booting anything at all? Could you make the AROS ROM do that?

Also I'd love to be able to replace the "insert disk" logo with my own designs...
Old 05 September 2012, 20:44   #316
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
Something I've always wondered... all you need to create a minimal workbench environment is to put the "loadwb" command on a bootable floppy. It's only a small executable. Presumably it's possible to go straight to a workbench screen without booting anything at all? Could you make the AROS ROM do that?

Also I'd love to be able to replace the "insert disk" logo with my own designs...
c:loadwb should already work (but note that Workench is actually in ROM, loadwb is just a loader = you get Jason's Workbook WB replacement which is quite basic)

AROS boot logo is simple 16-color image.
Old 05 September 2012, 22:38   #317
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
c:loadwb should already work (but note that Workench is actually in ROM, loadwb is just a loader = you get Jason's Workbook WB replacement which is quite basic)
Yeah but you can't type it because you don't get a shell when you switch on. It would be cool to still be able to do stuff even if you had no bootable disks. Is the ramdisk handler in ROM? I remember having to include l:ram-handler on boot disks. If you could have a ramdisk, a basic workbench and a shell available straight away, that would be awesome.

I remember when the Amiga first came out and they had them on display in shops just on the boot screen, and being puzzled that you couldn't do anything with them. I was used to being able to type basic programs in!
Old 07 September 2012, 11:16   #318
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You mean booting directly to WB without any boot disk?

AmigaDOS requires a boot device, but even modified ram disk (boot capable) would work. Actually some m68k AROS versions did boot to shell without boot disks because RAM disk was accidentally boot enabled

Of course it was quite useless shell.

Some kind of virtual rom filesystem (containing startup, loadwb and some other stuff) probably would work nicely without wasting free RAM.
Old 07 September 2012, 13:10   #319
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Yes exactly what I mean!

Certain basic commands (cd, dir etc..) are already resident from boot-up in 3.1 ROM are they not? So you don't need them to be present in the filesystem. Can loadwb be resident? Of course you'd still need something there in order to have a current directory, but even with an empty RAM disk you could still do things with any other (non-bootable) disks that you happen to have. Could be useful if you manage to trash your HDD's boot sector somehow (if install command is resident).

Also a sort of anecdote from my very earliest experiences with the Amiga - Deluxe Paint I wouldn't boot from the disk, you were supposed to run it from the Workbench, which we didn't know at the time, because games would just run straight from the Kickstart screen. So we switched on and put the DPaint disk in and all we got was a shell prompt. And booting Workbench from disk took so long... fortunately I worked out you could just type "dpaint" from the shell. It didn't need Workbench for anything other than giving you a nice icon to double click on. (And then it would close the Workbench screen anyway :/ )
Old 07 September 2012, 15:37   #320
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
wow you mean AROS don`t boot to a CLI

this is a must have !!!!

especially if the usual suspects of the system our around to be used