English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 18 June 2024, 20:18   #301
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438
Honestly, I set myself this task and some of my stubbornness demands that I complete it, even though I find testing games less interesting than demos.
I don't expect any big surprises here. Some IPFs have a position specification for tracks with overlap. If I understood correctly, two changes in magnetic flow are so dense on these tracks that the controller can see one or both. So with each rotation, the number of bits read back can change. If a program checks this, problems would have already been noticed here. So it's very unlikely that anything will happen.
But yes, it's still better to wait until it's emulated.
Quote:
Other, if you enable in the Settings "Pause emulator when focus is lost" and you do the same thing (with out using the pause key) i.e. to go into Amiga/System management and from there change from ECS to OCS, the emu will not do that straight away, than after the focus is returned.
Maybe that can't quite be compared to a "pause". The emulation only runs here if the main window has focus. So if you change something in the settings window, the main window has no focus. I'm not sure if I should change anything here.
Old 19 June 2024, 12:53   #302
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

While waiting, in the meantime I might take up testing some A500 demos again, if I feel not be too lazy.
Old 19 June 2024, 19:54   #303
PiCiJi

nightly:

Quote:
Titanic Blinky (1991)(Zeppelin Platinum)[0394] ... After landing on the deck in the intro and going left, a short-term glitch appears on the bottom of the screen when loading resumes!
fixed

bugfixes: opengl, rawinput

there is an option: Amiga/C64 -> Control -> "left click grabs mouse"
This option is independent of the "capture" hotkey and catches the mouse even if no analog device is plugged into the control port.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 19 June 2024 at 20:02.
Old 19 June 2024, 20:20   #304
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

I wonder what "Alternate Software Preview" is in option/settings?

Second, in the Software tab, the disk name is missing, i.e. it only has a file name.
Maybe somewhere next to the file name, which is next to the eject button, there should be a disc name as well!

EDIT:
Actually I mean: Disk Label instead of disk name!

Last edited by amilo3438; 19 June 2024 at 21:15.
Old 19 June 2024, 20:21   #305
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi View Post
there is an option: Amiga/C64 -> Control -> "left click grabs mouse"
This option is independent of the "capture" hotkey and catches the mouse even if no analog device is plugged into the control port.
EDIT: Maybe this option shouldn't even exist, but should always be turned on a long time ago!?

Last edited by amilo3438; 19 June 2024 at 22:24.
Old 19 June 2024, 21:47   #306
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

(01) Toxic Modulo 2: Attack Of The Ego Bots by Zymosis --> https://demozoo.org/productions/342438/
As if sometimes when changing slides, some image appears very briefly when changing to a new one! (I didn't notice it in WinUAE)

PS.
I don't know if this is the same as what you mentioned in your post #240 (@p.12) regarding some game toggles screen in interlace mode a little glitchy!

Last edited by amilo3438; 22 June 2024 at 16:47.
Old 19 June 2024, 22:18   #307
jbl007

Quote:
It's not a GCC version problem.
fixed cmake config file. fix is in master branch
That did the trick, thanks. I build in Ubuntu, Arch, Gentoo, Fedora and Void. Everything went fine. Might also check Alpine and OpenSuse later, but I don't think this is really necessary.

Found a bug: with the latest git master Denise crashes with GLX BadAccess Error when resizing the main window if "Threaded Renderer" is disabled + "Threaded Emulation" is enabled.

Last edited by jbl007; 19 June 2024 at 22:55.
Old 20 June 2024, 00:16   #308
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Found a bug: with the latest git master Denise crashes with GLX BadAccess Error when resizing the main window if "Threaded Renderer" is disabled + "Threaded Emulation" is enabled.
Which distro ?
edit: tested in Mint...doesn't crash but resizing is very slow without Threaded Emulation
edit2: and it works a few GIT revisions before ? if you have some time and a GIT client installed could you checkout an older version, compile and check if it works.

Quote:
I don't know if this is the same as what you mentioned in your post #240 (@p.12) regarding some game toggles screen in interlace mode a little glitchy!
if the problem is with Threaded Renderer only... then yes.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 20 June 2024 at 20:29.
Old 20 June 2024, 19:33   #309
PiCiJi

Quote:
Maybe this option shouldn't even exist, but should always be turned on a long time ago!?
because of habit in WinUAE? I don't like it, because the mouse is quickly caught by the usual left click. In window mode, I prefer to have the mouse free and only bind it when it is really needed.
The option is primarily intended for trackpads, where the middle mouse button is non-existent.
Quote:
I wonder what "Alternate Software Preview" is in option/settings?
Let's talk about it after release. There is more to explain/discuss and I want to change or move this option to set it independantly from emulator core. This includes this setting and the font size for the preview in the File dialog.
Quote:
Second, in the Software tab, the disk name is missing, i.e. it only has a file name.
Maybe somewhere next to the file name, which is next to the eject button, there should be a disc name as well!
Is the file name is not sufficient? In addition, the space there is limited.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 20 June 2024 at 20:14.
Old 20 June 2024, 20:08   #310
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
if the problem is with Threaded Renderer only... then yes.
It happens regardless! (very strange)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Toxic Modulo 2: Attack Of The Ego Bots by Zymosis --> https://demozoo.org/productions/342438/
As if sometimes when changing slides, some image appears very briefly when changing to a new one! (I didn't notice it in WinUAE)
-------
Quote:
because of habit in WinUAE?
Correct!
Old 21 June 2024, 13:54   #311
PiCiJi

nightly:

Quote:
Toxic Modulo 2: Attack Of The Ego Bots by Zymosis
demo use lace and hires same time. it keeps lace activated but toggles hires/lores sometimes.
So it can happen that the previous field is in Lores, the next one is in Hires. They don't fit together in the display buffer. That should be fixed.

by the way: very cool Super VGA look ... more demos like this ?
Old 21 June 2024, 15:23   #312
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Thanks!

Quote:
Is the file name is not sufficient? In addition, the space there is limited.
I've come across some games that have multiple discs, and when changing, instead of the disc number, they ask for a change by the disc label!

As it stands now, if it's not a .zip file, we have a double display of the file name... one next to the eject button and the other just below in the path!

Maybe it would be a suggestion to write next to the eject button: [Disk Label: Name of the disk] instead of how it is now, if it exists, i.e. if it is a standard DOS disk.

-----------
(02) Greetro From Space by Void --> https://demozoo.org/productions/338630/ (use the 2nd link -> the final version, as this one is problematic!)
Crashes at some point when loading! (fine in WinUAE)

Ps. The final version has some bugfixes for Amigas with memory extensions! (so that probably crashes the emu!?)

Last edited by amilo3438; 23 June 2024 at 14:40.
Old 21 June 2024, 17:40   #313
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007
resize crash
By the way, I have fixed a problem that resizes the window very slowly under older hardware. Maybe this has an influence on the bug you reported.
EDIT: BUG confirmed, it happens in Endeavour but not Manjaro. ok will try to fix this without crashing the other distros

Quote:
I've come across some games that have multiple discs, and when changing, instead of the disc number, they ask for a change by the disc label!

As it stands now, if it's not a .zip file, we have a double display of the file name... one next to the eject button and the other just below in the path!

Maybe it would be a suggestion to write next to the eject button: [Disk Label: Name of the disk] instead of how it is now, if it exists, i.e. if it is a standard DOS disk.
Ok I'll show that somehow. Right in the case of an unpacked file, the file name is displayed twice. Sometimes the paths are very long and you would have to scroll to see the file name. Therefore, in such cases it is helpful to look at the file name again individually.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 21 June 2024 at 20:24.
Old 22 June 2024, 16:40   #314
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

(03) HAMazing (Trackmo) by Desire --> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=105183
Paint leaking on the HAM bar rotation scene! (fine in WinUAE)

Last edited by amilo3438; 23 June 2024 at 14:41.
Old 22 June 2024, 21:50   #315
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007
Linux main window resize crash when threaded emulation is enabled but threaded renderer is disabled
should be fixed (master branch)

nightly:
Quote:
Greetro From Space by Void --> https://demozoo.org/productions/338630/ (use the 2nd link -> the final version, as this one is problematic!)
demo reads continous zeros because drive isn't selected, which generates continous dsksync interrupts.
fixed by some protection ... need a change to retrigger

EDIT: new nightly
Quote:
HAMazing (Trackmo) by Desire
fixed, HAM color is initialized at hstart
more HAM stuff wanted:
my test cases are: BMX, Licence to kill and this demo here. not that much

Last edited by PiCiJi; 22 June 2024 at 22:54.
Old 23 June 2024, 14:43   #316
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
more HAM stuff wanted:
my test cases are: BMX, Licence to kill and this demo here. not that much
Here are a few filtered from demozoo! --> https://demozoo.org/productions/tagged/ham6/

PS. Note for...

"HAM-6 KEFRATRAZ BARS by Iris" ... even though it is for AGA, it also works on A500, but when clicking RMB and getting HAM bars, the peaks of the same appear to have interference, while on A1200 (WinUAE) it seems fine. Maybe that should be checked on a real Amiga 500!? EDIT: If chip ram + fast ram - slow ram = fine on A500!

"Divine Visions by Fraxion" ... The last HAM picture on disk1 and disk2 is glitchy! (same in WinUAE) (broken disk1 & disk2 or something else?)
Note: There's no glitches on HAM pics shown on demozoo! --> https://demozoo.org/productions/203935/screenshots/

Last edited by amilo3438; 23 June 2024 at 17:44.
Old 23 June 2024, 20:50   #317
PiCiJi

Quote:
"Divine Visions by Fraxion" ... The last HAM picture on disk1 and disk2 is glitchy! (same in WinUAE) (broken disk1 & disk2 or something else?)
Note: There's no glitches on HAM pics shown on demozoo! --> https://demozoo.org/productions/203935/screenshots/
gltiches confirmed on real device.
the version from pouet is working.
I have used the mirrors for downloading an ADF, because I don't know what *.cop files are used for.

EDIT: waiting for spanish translation to deploy next version

Quote:
"HAM-6 KEFRATRAZ BARS by Iris" ... even though it is for AGA, it also works on A500, but when clicking RMB and getting HAM bars, the peaks of the same appear to have interference, while on A1200 (WinUAE) it seems fine. Maybe that should be checked on a real Amiga 500!? EDIT: If chip ram + fast ram - slow ram = fine on A500!
same glitch on real hardware

Last edited by PiCiJi; 24 June 2024 at 19:24.
Old 25 June 2024, 14:33   #318
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Request for .lha archive support! (because WinUAE also supports it)

For example there are demos that are in the .lha archive as an .exe file or .adf etc.
If such a .lha archive is put on Denise with drag'n'drop, it does not work. At the moment, the only way is to open the .lha in, for example, 7-zip and then transfer it from d'n'd to Denise.

One example... -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=104874
Old 25 June 2024, 22:01   #319
PiCiJi

Quote:
If such a .lha archive is put on Denise with drag'n'drop, it does not work. At the moment, the only way is to open the .lha in, for example, 7-zip and then transfer it from d'n'd to Denise.
ok I put that on todo list.
Old Yesterday, 21:58   #320
PiCiJi

nightly:

- permanently added Blitter-Copper conflict emulation to main branch
- improve disk preview updates when a second save file is in use.

Here's an example of a disadvantage for a 2nd save file. Create an empty ext.adf and copy some disk with xcopy onto it.
In this case, the ext.adf keeps empty and second save file gets all the data.