English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 09 August 2012, 00:27   #281
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Neither are bugs The options are not supported, but "uae_show_leds" accidentally works if the entire Amiga frame is shown because the leds are drawn onto the (bottom right of the) Amiga frame buffer by UAE core code. If I implement something similar for FS-UAE, the leds will be drawn independently by OpenGL on top of the display so they'll work properly in all scaling modes. (Though it is already possible to make blinking floppy leds through themes).
ok cool

Last edited by prowler; 09 August 2012 at 00:29. Reason: Added quote.
Old 09 August 2012, 00:45   #282
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
I tested a lot of games with the Kickstart Replacement ROMs. I estimate that about 40-50 % of the games work at the moment. I will publish my tests in future.
The internal kickstart in FS-UAE is of course from AROS, but a modified (older) version with some code removed due to licensing issues I think (it's the one built into WinUAE). For running games, it could be useful to have a function in FS-UAE Launcher to download a more recent AROS kickstart replacement. So if you have tested this quite extensively, perhaps you can recommend a specific AROS kickstart version with high compatbility for games (and other classic software)?
Old 09 August 2012, 23:22   #283
LeftyFPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutknut View Post
... I can share them if anyone want them.
I'd like to see your config file for Amiga Forever 2012. I tried writing a config for it this morning, but it never boots... it just sits there at the initial CLI. Thanks!

Old 09 August 2012, 23:44   #284
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
The internal kickstart in FS-UAE is of course from AROS, but a modified (older) version with some code removed due to licensing issues I think (it's the one built into WinUAE). For running games, it could be useful to have a function in FS-UAE Launcher to download a more recent AROS kickstart replacement. So if you have tested this quite extensively, perhaps you can recommend a specific AROS kickstart version with high compatbility for games (and other classic software)?
For the latest tests (for running games from ADFs) I use the newest Roms (at the moment the Rom from 4.8.). For the distribution I sometimes use older versions (depends on the results of the tests)
Old 10 August 2012, 00:21   #285
krutknut

Hooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyFPB View Post
I'd like to see your config file for Amiga Forever 2012. I tried writing a config for it this morning, but it never boots... it just sits there at the initial CLI. Thanks!
That's strange. My config for Amiga Forever is quite basic. It works for me though. Does it work for you?

[config]
amiga_model = A4000/040
base_dir = /Volumes/FsUAE

kickstart_file = /Volumes/FsUAE/Roms/Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.68 (1993)(Commodore)(A4000).rom
uae_gfxcard_size = 16

hard_drive_0 = /Volumes/FsUAE/System/Aforever2012/dir/System
hard_drive_1 = /Volumes/FsUAE/System/Aforever2012/dir/Work

bsdsocket_library = 1

window_height = 568
window_width = 720

Last edited by krutknut; 10 August 2012 at 00:50.
Old 10 August 2012, 17:15   #286
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyFPB View Post
I tried writing a config for it this morning, but it never boots... it just sits there at the initial CLI. Thanks!
Initial CLI is I think a term from AROS, so you are then probably running with the internal kickstart. You can should copy all *.rom files (and rom.key) from the Amiga Forever CD and put them in Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts.

If you use a recent development version of FS-UAE, you won't need to specify the "kickstart_file" option, it will automatically use the correct kickstart from Amiga Forever.

I can make a step-by-step guide on how to get started with Amiga Forever and FS-UAE later.
Old 10 August 2012, 20:38   #287
LeftyFPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutknut View Post
That's strange. My config for Amiga Forever is quite basic. It works for me though. Does it work for you?
Krutnut: It worked perfectly. And now mine is working too. Hmm... Maybe I had a typo and didn't notice it before I edited it. Anyway, it works now. Also got AmiKit working. I guess I'll try AROS next. Been meaning to...

Frode: Thanks for FS-UAE. I never had any luck getting PUAE to run and limited success with E-UAE running under Lion.

Last edited by LeftyFPB; 10 August 2012 at 20:48.

Old 11 August 2012, 19:16   #288
nexusle
Banned

Hi Frode,

I've seen, that the screenshot option will shot the entire frame, not only the visible area (selected zoom).

Please can you change this to save only the visible area with screenshot option?

Example 1 is what it is now
Example 2 is what it should be
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-11_19-11-42_1.png
Views:	169
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	32333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ohne Titel.png
Views:	163
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	32334  
Old 11 August 2012, 20:18   #289
Foul

run Gimp / Crop
Old 11 August 2012, 21:20   #290
nexusle
Banned

I know, this is a way, but what's easier?! :-P
Old 12 August 2012, 23:03   #291
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Hi Frode,

I've seen, that the screenshot option will shot the entire frame, not only the visible area (selected zoom).

Please can you change this to save only the visible area with screenshot option?
The entire frame is saved by design, because autoscale algorithm is not always correct and it is nice to be able to get all screen data in case the algorithm cropped too much.

But I can make FS-UAE save a cropped screenshot in addition to the full-frame screenshot!

(Also, I will probably implement an alternative shortcut to save a screenshot containing the content of the FS-UAE window, including menus/whatever).
Old 12 August 2012, 23:16   #292
nexusle
Banned

Another one wish :

Please can you make the Launcher a little more portable?

I test FS-UAE on different machines and have all files on a external hard disk. Please can you implement, that I can setup the FS-UAE base directory in FS-UAE Launcher? The config option "base_dir" only works for FS-UAE, but FS-UAE Launcher still creates folders in "My Documents"\FS-UAE...

Last edited by prowler; 12 August 2012 at 23:54. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 13 August 2012, 01:27   #293
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:

I test FS-UAE on different machines and have all files on a external hard disk. Please can you implement, that I can setup the FS-UAE base directory in FS-UAE Launcher? The config option "base_dir" only works for FS-UAE, but FS-UAE Launcher still creates folders in "My Documents"\FS-UAE...
There are many possible levels of portability... -just implementing support for a base_dir option would let you specify the location of the FS-UAE folder (which is useful on its own, of course), but this would not make FS-UAE Launcher very "portable".

If you also use the database to index content, portability of the database becomes an issue (unless the database is stored outside the FS-UAE directory and you then have a separate database for indexed files per computer). Storing paths relative to the base_dir (whenever possible) would let the database become portable if you only index content from base_dir.

One might also want to have the FS-UAE and FS-UAE Launcher installed on the external drive, and have the launcher automatically use (a folder on) the external drive as base_dir, without having to create a configuration file on a new computer. The launcher could detect that it is run from beneath a "FS-UAE folder" and automatically use this as base_dir.

So I don't know what kind of portability level you were thinking of...
Old 15 August 2012, 15:50   #294
Foul

i think it's already discussed in WinUAE section, but some games/demos display full copperlist screen and it doesn't, a little exemple with this non official Sonic game :

All in red normally is black on a real Amiga...
Old 16 August 2012, 11:55   #295
nexusle
Banned

Where can I find Sonic for Amiga?!
Old 16 August 2012, 13:14   #296
Foul

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=sonic

Old 16 August 2012, 22:38   #297
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
i think it's already discussed in WinUAE section, but some games/demos display full copperlist screen and it doesn't, a little exemple with this non official Sonic game
The latest WinUAE beta has a fix regarding screen border blanking (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=129), so it is possible it's already fixed. We'll know either by testing this beta version or wait until I merge in updated code from WinUAE
Old 17 August 2012, 10:45   #298
Foul

maybe for 1.4 series
Old 20 August 2012, 20:34   #299
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 1.3.24:
* New option cdrom_drive_count -can be used to specify an empty drive.
* Empty options are now treated as unspecified options. This can break a couple of configurations since you cannot use e.g. cdrom_drive_0= to specify that you want a CD drive without any CD inserted. Use cdrom_drive_count=1 instead (or floppy_drive_count for floppy drives).
* Reverted F11 key to zoom setting when used alone (on key depress).
* Both full-frame and cropped images are saved when taking a screenshot.

Download from: http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/1.3.24/

Quote:
(The launcher is also updated - and it has support for "portable" setups - see http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=832489)
Old 20 August 2012, 22:39   #300
nexusle
Banned

Very great news!!

But: Can we eject CDROMs at now?!