Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 04 March 2020, 01:35   #2941
DamienD
Banned

Thought I'd post another review that I received via PM from LeighT1977:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighT1977
Hi Damien,

Excuse my tardiness but had a knee operation and Christmas so not had much time to tinker with Amiga things!

I have now installed the Amiga collection on a pc I5 2500K plus a decent GPU and emulation is flawless. The collection is staggering literally staggering, so far I have played xenon 2 megablast to completion via the unlimited lives cheat, barbarian (palace) to completion and the fan hack (barbarian AGA), alien breed I and II have played a bit. Lemmings 26 fun levels. Turrican to level 4 again via an endless lives cheat, where I slipped down a bit of scenery and had to reset.

I got good images in appropriate for all titles, all performed and this all worked as planned. I did not notice anything that needed tweaking. I also exported lemmings to retropie, along with alien breed. Sensible soccer I attempted but as an IPF role my chosen emu on the PI did not load it.

I like FDD sound emulation but pretty sure that is just me being a nostalgic idiot and the novelty will wear off real soon.

Thank you so much, I remember getting a cartoon classics Amiga for Xmas to share with my brother then a few years later an A1200 (with much less exciting games the magic pack or some nonsense).

You have literally given me the same magic as that Xmas. Thank you so much for your work building this and sharing it. It’s brought me a lot of joy. All of those games play wonderfully with your configs enabled.
Old 04 March 2020, 06:44   #2942
ransom1122

Mad Dog McCree & Mad Dog II - The Lost Gold Now working fine.

If anyone has Mad Dog II in English merged all into one AVI, then Please PM Damien
Old 04 March 2020, 10:50   #2943
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
If anyone has Mad Dog II in English merged all into one AVI, then Please PM Damien
No point PM'ing me... the best place to post details / information about any ALG games / videos would be in the American Laser Games (Mad Dog McCree and others) thread
Old 05 March 2020, 00:00   #2944
DamienD
Banned

You guys know me by now; a perfectionist and all that

...so, have updated the "American Laser Games" package again with what should be the final changes:
  • Added the ".NVR" files for perfect gun calibration in-game.
  • Updated the screenshots for "Gallagher's Gallery" and "Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold".
  • Removed the "floppy drive" LEDs from all 3 x American Laser Games.
For anyone that applied the previous package, just download from here and extract into "C:\WinUAE".

For everyone who hasn't downloaded any of the previous packages, please just do the following:
  • Download the new package from here and extract into "C:\WinUAE".
  • Download the "WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.02.29).zip" from The Zone! and extract into "C:\WinUAE".
  • Download the "WinUAE_registry.zip" file from post #2930 and apply the registry file.

Last edited by DamienD; 05 March 2020 at 12:05.
Old 05 March 2020, 19:59   #2945
jabybau

I cannot find the WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.02.29).zip" from The Zone! or maybe I'm totally blind....
Old 05 March 2020, 20:15   #2946
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabybau View Post
I cannot find the WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.02.29).zip" from The Zone! or maybe I'm totally blind....
Must be blind as its there "WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.02.29)..."
Old 05 March 2020, 20:58   #2947
jabybau

oh sorry.....I was looking for it on the ftp server.....!!!!..
Old 06 March 2020, 05:09   #2948
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabybau View Post
oh sorry.....I was looking for it on the ftp server.....!!!!..
I'll be honest- I was trying to glean its location on the WinUAE beta thread. It took a couple looks before I saw "in the zone" in the instructions.

[insert Homer Simpson "DOH!" animated .gif here]
Old 07 March 2020, 11:47   #2949
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
I'll be honest- I was trying to glean its location on the WinUAE beta thread. It took a couple looks before I saw "in the zone" in the instructions.

[insert Homer Simpson "DOH!" animated .gif here]
!!!
Old 08 March 2020, 16:25   #2950
DamienD
Banned

Given details in this thread: North Sea Inferno: How to turn the music off?

I've now updated the disk used for The Persian Gulf Inferno

Please just do the following:
  • Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\The Persian Gulf Inferno".
  • Download and extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 05 April 2020 at 22:00.
Old 08 March 2020, 16:56   #2951
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

These updates; do they get added to the next update release or do you have to download them separately?
Old 08 March 2020, 17:34   #2952
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
These updates; do they get added to the next update release or do you have to download them separately?
They will be rolled into the next update pack as usual I would imagine.
Old 08 March 2020, 19:45   #2953
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
They will be rolled into the next update pack as usual I would imagine.
Yes, they always get added to the next Update Pack; so you don't have to download now if you don't want to

...these are really interim singular additions / fixes (like the "American Laser Games") that people may want to play with immediately
Old 08 March 2020, 20:45   #2954
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You guys know me by now; a perfectionist and all that

...so, have updated the "American Laser Games" package again with what should be the final changes:
  • Added the ".NVR" files for perfect gun calibration in-game.
  • Updated the screenshots for "Gallagher's Gallery" and "Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold".
  • Removed the "floppy drive" LEDs from all 3 x American Laser Games.
For anyone that applied the previous package, just download from here and extract into "C:\WinUAE".

For everyone who hasn't downloaded any of the previous packages, please just do the following:
  • Download the new package from here and extract into "C:\WinUAE".
  • Download the "WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.02.29).zip" from The Zone! and extract into "C:\WinUAE".
  • Download the "WinUAE_registry.zip" file from post #2930 and apply the registry file.
Guys, just an update to the above... please download / extract the file "WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.03.07).zip" from The Zone!

The previous beta had an issue with some AGA games i.e. The Strangers; you can read more in this thread: Next WinUAE beta series preview and Toni's reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Partially implemented now. Also note that full bus error emulation is currently enabled which probably introduces some performance loss.

btw, reporting that some huge HD installable game has glitches isn't very useful idea, I'll almost always ignore those, too many unknown variables, too boring to setup. It must be bootable floppy game or demo.
Old 08 March 2020, 22:28   #2955
jabybau

thanks Damien!!!...
Old 11 March 2020, 01:49   #2956
Amberhound

Thank you DamienD for the countless hours spent compiling and optimizing this huge set of games.

So many of the games in the collection, I've never experienced or even heard of. Some of the games I put a lot of hours into and have (mostly, Psygnosis titles in particular were love/hate due to the difficulty level) fond memories of were, Defender of the Crown, The Bards Tale 1, Iron Lord, The Three Stooges, Stunt Car Racer, , Shadowgate, New York Warriors, Shuffle Puck Cafe, Blood Money, Hillsfar, Awesome, Shadow of the Beast 1, and Elvira. Having those to return to and so many others to explore is a great gift.

Still have barely scratched the surface of this wonderful collection; here are some things that have stood out so far:

The scan lines configuration is aesthetically pleasing and takes me back to how I remember the games appearing on my Amiga 1000 screen. Great job on getting this right.

The setup, from the extraction process all the way to playing the games, was not frustrating and was easy enough for me to follow due to the well written and clear instructions. Thank you for that!

Having the game screens appear for each of the titles is a feature that enables a quick view for someone unfamiliar with most of these to be able to discern the type of game and the graphics style.

Again, many thanks to you for releasing this and sharing and to all who contributed to this.
Old 11 March 2020, 02:10   #2957
DamienD
Banned

Following on from the news in this thread: Rampage - Another quality "ross" hack...

I have to add this immediately

So please do the following:
  • Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Rampage".
  • Download / extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 11 March 2020 at 19:30.
Old 11 March 2020, 11:35   #2958
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberhound View Post
Thank you DamienD for the countless hours spent compiling and optimizing this huge set of games.

So many of the games in the collection, I've never experienced or even heard of. Some of the games I put a lot of hours into and have (mostly, Psygnosis titles in particular were love/hate due to the difficulty level) fond memories of were, Defender of the Crown, The Bards Tale 1, Iron Lord, The Three Stooges, Stunt Car Racer, , Shadowgate, New York Warriors, Shuffle Puck Cafe, Blood Money, Hillsfar, Awesome, Shadow of the Beast 1, and Elvira. Having those to return to and so many others to explore is a great gift.

Still have barely scratched the surface of this wonderful collection; here are some things that have stood out so far:

The scan lines configuration is aesthetically pleasing and takes me back to how I remember the games appearing on my Amiga 1000 screen. Great job on getting this right.

The setup, from the extraction process all the way to playing the games, was not frustrating and was easy enough for me to follow due to the well written and clear instructions. Thank you for that!

Having the game screens appear for each of the titles is a feature that enables a quick view for someone unfamiliar with most of these to be able to discern the type of game and the graphics style.

Again, many thanks to you for releasing this and sharing and to all who contributed to this.
Hi there Amberhound,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review and feedback, much appreciated

Enjoy!!!
Old 11 March 2020, 11:46   #2959
Bastich

Thanks for your continued updates. Its an amazing setup / collection
Old 11 March 2020, 19:30   #2960
DamienD
Banned

Another update to Rampage - Another quality "ross" hack

Thanks again ross

So please do the following:
  • Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Rampage".
  • Download / extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 05 April 2020 at 22:00.