English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 29 December 2014, 15:00   #261
Marmes

going to text message him now.
I can't talk hungarian
I am sad that this didn't turn up. I have now indivision aga mk1, very pleased with its quality.
Hope this gets sorted.
Old 29 December 2014, 15:19   #262
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

I don't think if an SMS will wake him up...

Wish good luck to get back your money.
Old 29 December 2014, 16:37   #263
Marmes

I oppened a dispute in Paypal
again.
Old 29 December 2014, 17:37   #264
Nostromo

How long ago have you paid him?
Old 29 December 2014, 17:45   #265
Marmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
How long ago have you paid him?
24/06/2013

I just hope everyone that sees this message does it.
Old 29 December 2014, 18:29   #266
BarryB
Amigaholic

From the reply jcarvalho had in THIS post, it seems everyones pre-order money was 'invested' into the project so he has no money to refund until he actually sells cards to, I assume, people who didn't pre-order!

So if you pre-ordered and want a refund you'll have to wait until he's sold enough cards to actually refund people or just keep waiting for him to send you a finished card. It did state he was definitely sending out cards 'last month' so did anyone actually get one or know anyone who did?
Old 29 December 2014, 18:47   #267
Marmes

The next week thing irritates me a lot, for me it's not about the money, but the attitude. When you promisse something and start accepting people's money, giving them invoices, You must know that if you don't keep the promise that you made, you will be in trouble. Most people here that paid were illuded by the next week and very soon promise, so the message given made us think it was secure to buy and wait a few weeks. If we don't trust some entities, we wouldn't be here exchanging ideas and sometimes making some business.
So, I will not give up until I have my money back, for a matter of principle.
I don't want the scanjuggler anymore, I don't need it.
Old 29 December 2014, 20:20   #268
amigoun

Maybe that is why it is called Scan "Juggler".
Old 29 December 2014, 20:39   #269
Nostromo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
From the reply jcarvalho had in THIS post, it seems everyones pre-order money was 'invested' into the project so he has no money to refund until he actually sells cards to, I assume, people who didn't pre-order!

So if you pre-ordered and want a refund you'll have to wait until he's sold enough cards to actually refund people or just keep waiting for him to send you a finished card. It did state he was definitely sending out cards 'last month' so did anyone actually get one or know anyone who did?
I didn't invest in anything. When I paid, he assured me that the boards were complete and to be posted within 2 weeks. Then he started with the "soon" and "next week" thing every time I emailed him until everyone got fed up of him and started requesting refunds.
Old 29 December 2014, 20:40   #270
Nostromo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmes View Post
The next week thing irritates me a lot, for me it's not about the money, but the attitude. When you promisse something and start accepting people's money, giving them invoices, You must know that if you don't keep the promise that you made, you will be in trouble. Most people here that paid were illuded by the next week and very soon promise, so the message given made us think it was secure to buy and wait a few weeks. If we don't trust some entities, we wouldn't be here exchanging ideas and sometimes making some business.
So, I will not give up until I have my money back, for a matter of principle.
I don't want the scanjuggler anymore, I don't need it.
Thanks Marmes! Just checked, I sent him the money on the 7th of September, 2013

Last edited by Nostromo; 02 January 2015 at 17:38.
Old 29 December 2014, 22:32   #271
dJOS

I suspect that you need to pay using goods and services or paid a PayPal invoice he sent. If you paid using gift then you have no Insurance coverage unless it was done using a credit card from a major Bank and provider like via etc.
Old 29 December 2014, 22:39   #272
dJOS

ScanJuggler NEWS - scandoubler (and flickerfixer) for A1200/A4000

Btw I contacted dez back in February asking about the lite and at no point did he indicate the full versions weren't available, this is the story he spun about about the lite:

Quote:
Hi Derek,

I'm dezz, developer of these cards. Thank you for presenting your interest! (And sorry for the late answer.)

Unfortunately I've sold out all of the Lites made last year (15pcs) and it seems a key part has become unobtainable in the meantime, so it would need a redesign. But it is a little uncertain as there is a very low demand for the Lite one. Is the normal one out of interest for you?

Best regards,
dezz
I've never ever heard of any one having a lite....

And then I asked about the full version

Quote:
The card itself is 100 EUR. It comes with a VGA output per default.
For DVI you will need a Switcher Module (it fits under the FDD). It's 35 EUR.
(Later there will also be a HDMI output option.)
P&p can vary wildly, depending whether you prefer regular postage (10 EUR) or DHL/UPS/etc. (20-30 EUR).
I'm just glad I didn't have the money at the time add I'd be furious by now along with the rest of you guys who were misled about its availability.
Old 02 January 2015, 14:35   #273
TheBird

Hello guys! I just have spoken with Dezz by phone. They went to his parents with family to the holidays. Coming back on the weekend. He couldn't access his emails there.

He wanted to send out the cards before Christmas and very sorry he couldn't. Feel very bad.

As you know the card has been working since a long time, but there were some little but annoying issues that were hard to overcome. He didn't want to send out them before making sure no more hw modification are needed.

Please, guys, don't premise malice. Unfortunately the project were going less smoothly than expected, but Dezz doing everything to make it successful on the end.

Also, I know he has some health problems recently. But he handles the ScanJuggler project as high importance. I'm sure everyone will be getting his card soon.

Some people asked here about the Lite version. It has been marketed only in Hungary. I also got one, back in 2013. There wasn't enough demand for this version since then to make a new batch.

Old 02 January 2015, 17:42   #274
Nostromo

Oh, that's good news... waiting for his reply this weekend then.
Old 02 January 2015, 21:01   #275
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
I like the concept of "small annoying little issues very difficult to overcome".

It seems that no one can get very much details about what these issues really are and how annoying they would be for the card user...
Old 02 January 2015, 21:06   #276
Nostromo

Well these have been overcome now? Right?
Old 06 January 2015, 00:28   #277
jcarvalho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Well these have been overcome now? Right?
Not now my friend, not now.... Next week
Old 10 January 2015, 09:11   #278
AmigaMania

Hy everyone! I am the hungarian Amiga Mania magazins general editor. I would like to tell few things at Dezz defend. This guy is very reliable and he never to fool noone. The reason of the much delay/late is Dezz is a maximalist person and he just want give out a perfect card. Since years we watch Scanjuggler 2 (XAGA and XAGA Lite) planning and producting. The card is exist! The card quality is startlingly good. Dezz isnt a good marketinger, please guys just wait a little bit longer, everyone of you get his own card! And your going to love it, i guarantee it!

Old 10 January 2015, 09:40   #279
roy bates

i stopped getting emails for this device a long time ago,no mention of price, availability or anything..you cant even ask how much they are or about shipping...

one thing(among others)is he seems to be getting others to do his talking and advertising,this is a massive mistake.

i dont care now if the card does exist or not i wont be buying it,unless he can say how many are made and how much they are including shipping..
i wont pay in advance for a card that never appears.

you can sing your praises all day long,i refuse to fund a production run on a card that takes forever to appear at my door.

run back to dezz and ask why isnt he shipping the cards that people have payed for in advance,or at least given a refund for...then come back.
i dont care how good the card is,if it never arrives then its stolen money!
Old 11 February 2015, 17:03   #280
Marmes

I don't want this to be forgotten. I think we must contact him again and again, so he doesn't forget that he still owes us a scanjuggler.