English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 July 2024, 14:07   #261
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcio D. View Post
Aren't you that fellow who runs various websites and subreddits dedicated to mini consoles such as THEC64, THEA500, THE400, etc.?

If so, we should all pay closer attention to the A600GS. If a connoisseur like you has entered its ecosystem, you must see enough aspects you like to have taken the plunge...
No, I only run one website about THEC64(https://thec64community.online) it more of a hacking website mainly and do not use reddit.
I did make a mod that runs on THEC64,THEA500 - PCUAE - Project Carousel USB Anniversary Edition.

The A600 GS is like the ARMIGA, I have the Floppy Version of that too, I believe these type of devices will take over real hardware because they are easier to use and setup, I am already doing it, it costs to much to keep real hardware working the way you want it, I just collect real hardware now and do not use it and it very big, so need space to use it, I might get it out every now and then but not a lot, just got the A500 Screen Gems Pack, always wanted it, it was my first Amiga I got in 1991 so thats was the only reason I wanted it, it was the pack I mainly wanted, took 33 years.. then in 1995 I got the A600, one of the best Amigas Commodore made, I still have the A600 and it still works, Commodore make them well soiled.

Last edited by spannernick; 05 July 2024 at 15:12.
Old 05 July 2024, 14:19   #262
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
Fact is you have appropriated what was never yours and continue to do it - you have shown your true colors and have become uncomfortable when the light is pointed your way. A500, A600, A1000, A2000, A2500, A1200, A3000, A4000 and all the rest are all terms we know and have used since they were products of Commodore Amiga. For some third party to come along decades later and claim legal trademark is absolutely laughable.

Are you serious??? answer me this then. As you seem to be a god on everything and are always right. Why has RGL been taking all trademarks and copyrights, to lots of computers and consoles (including Amiga stuff).
Your nuts. Its being done else where, yet your obsessed with Amigakit.
By your logic, Amiga Addict, amigastore, retropassion, etc etc, have no rights come along and trademark Amiga related things.

Quote:
As for pleading to mods - well good luck, but this isn't amiga.org, you don't own this site and don't get to shut down a discussion as soon as it begins to get uncomfortable.

Again another stupid thing to say, please show proof as I am very fair.
Unlike you and your brick wall approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
No, I only run one website about THEC64(https://thec64community.online) it more of a hacking website mainly and do not use reddit.
I did make a mod that runs on THEC64,THEA500 - PCUAE - Project Carousel USB Anniversary Edition.

The A600 GS is like the ARMIGA, I have the Floppy Version of that too, I believe these type of devices will take over real hardware because they are easier to use and setup, I am already doing it, it costs to much to keep real hardware working the way you want it, I just collect real hardware now and and do not use it and it very big, so need space to use it, I might get it out now and then but not a lot, just got the A500 Screen Gems Pack, always wanted it, it was my first Amiga in 1991 so thats was the only reason I wanted it, it was the pack I mainly wanted, took 33 years.. then in 1995 I got a A600.
Project Carosel is cool project, I did pay, . Sticking games on C64 carousel and then the amiga mini version (still trying to work it out).

I spose it is abit like ARMIGA. In that you can use Floppy Drawbridge and Grease Weazel. Trying to get real CD-ROM working also.

Last edited by FOL; 05 July 2024 at 14:25.
Old 05 July 2024, 14:55   #263
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
@alexh what does it matter what enforcement has been done to date?
Because they have owned them for some time and have not tried to enforce them which they could and would have done if this was something sinister and not just in your head

Quote:
Merely claiming a trademark on these things is a threat hanging over anyone that might want to use these terms.
That is why they are called trademarks. Duh! There are products on sale in the uk for Amiga that violate Amigakit's trademarks that are not licensed and they are not trying to prevent them being sold or asking for large amounts in licensing money. If Amigakit chose to do that then would be pretty crappy. But they have not shown any attempt at doing so.

Quote:
It is not a reasonable thing to keep for oneself or one's business.
WTF?? That is the whole idea behind trademarks!

Quote:
Nor is it reasonable to register a web domain remarkably like an existing one and direct traffic to a store that looks remarkably like the store you might have expected to reach.
Only in your head. Yes, I agree it is anticompetitive behaviour and I do not approve but it is legal and it can get a site more hits and more sales and other sites do it all the time. But it backfired for Amigakit, they acknowledged it, apologised to the affected party and they haven't done anything like it since.

Quote:
Why you defend this behaviour I can't imagine.
Any intelligent reader would question both sides to any argument, research the accuracy of the posts for and against and look for a truth that usually is somewhere in the middle.
Old 05 July 2024, 15:15   #264
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I spose it is abit like ARMIGA. In that you can use Floppy Drawbridge and Grease Weazel. Trying to get real CD-ROM working also.
So you can use the Grease Weazel with the A600 GS..? , I have one of them, I got it from Amiga.Kit too...

The ARMIGA could never read original floppies, a lot of users wanted it too but it never happened... so it could only read copiers and turn them into a ADF file, that you loaded in its GUI.

Last edited by spannernick; 05 July 2024 at 15:20.
Old 05 July 2024, 15:22   #265
Photon

If only we could be this passionate about real HW... oh wait, we are! And so is Matt. AFAICT this is a box you put next to the TV in the living room, so he won't have a mancave and the kids won't have to go to it to play games, but to sneak it in with the other consoles.

I've had 2 friends who said the A500 Mini was the gadget that made their kids try Amiga games.

If this product is not for you, consider spending your energy wisely.

I'm not a moderator of this forum, but I draw the line at personal insults and will report such.

Consider improving signal to noise ratio by asking about the product.

My questions would be:
  1. Are you more limited (than Pi+UAE+box) with this OS, like with the AmigaForever emu "ecosystem"?
  2. Are the game ports fully wired and support 3-button (Atari standard not CD32) joysticks? (I'm sort of rallying for this ATM, pet project).
Old 05 July 2024, 15:40   #266
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
By your logic, Amiga Addict, amigastore, retropassion, etc etc, have no rights come along and trademark Amiga related things.
Actually, that is exactly AmigaKit's logic: https://amitopia.com/amigakit-goes-a...iga-community/
Old 05 July 2024, 15:51   #267
d4rk3lf

This is a thread of A600 GS updates.
I'd like to see some new videos testing device, some news from the Amiga Kit, some discussion about device itself... etc...

Mods should remove oftopic posts, or move them to other thread, where they can argue as long as they want... they don't belong here.

Btw, just saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hKVvqw0trqE
Old 05 July 2024, 15:57   #268
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Actually, that is exactly AmigaKit's logic: https://amitopia.com/amigakit-goes-a...iga-community/

Huh????? Don't understand point your trying to make?
So Amigakit opposed them???? by extending opposition period?

So now you step in to try and stir up trouble between Amigakit and Simulant?
Like I said time and time again, broken record. We are on good terms with Amiga Addict team.

Please provide proof, as your quoting things from years ago, just like your friend, you obviously hate Amigakit and bang on about same old thing.

What would be funny, if Amigakit released a magazine and Amiga Addict went after them, bet you and your crew wouldn't say a damn thing.
Which my whole point, you seem to have an agenda or vendetta, which is plainly obvious.
Old 05 July 2024, 16:21   #269
fryguy

It's a bit strange they named it after C= worst selling console especially as it seems to be focus on apps and not only games.
Old 05 July 2024, 16:33   #270
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
It's a bit strange they named it after C= worst selling console especially as it seems to be focus on apps and not only games.

May have been worst selling, but it was a cool little computer. When I was handed it as a replacement to my A500, didnt bother me, it was an Amiga. I did feel it was better than A500, however I have since learned it was ment to be worse than A500. Plus it had a 20MB HDD, bonus, no more A590.
Old 05 July 2024, 19:39   #271
fryguy

Quote:
May have been worst selling, but it was a cool little computer. When I was handed it as a replacement to my A500, didnt bother me, it was an Amiga. I did feel it was better than A500, however I have since learned it was ment to be worse than A500. Plus it had a 20MB HDD, bonus, no more A590.
I meant GS after C64GS though and not A600. The A600 was a bit cool with IDE controller and PCMCIA.
Old 05 July 2024, 20:02   #272
speshady

Quote:

It also wouldnt play many of the older A500 games.
Old 06 July 2024, 01:13   #273
aeberbach

FOL, I thought you were all done - had to rush off and prepare for some legal action? Well keep going if you must, but I have some advice for your legal action - don't rely on "whatabout". It only serves as an admission of guilt, and trying to deflect never works. The opposing lawyers will think christmas has come early.

But I will promise you that if some other business engaging in sharp practice appears in forums I read and frequently "updates" - I'll criticise them too. That's only fair.

And finally, FOL, since you directly ask, here is just one instance of when you shut down discussion on this topic of trademarks on amiga.org:
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=74555.30

@alexh if a thing is your own, then a trademark is reasonable. If it was someone else's and you are merely the quickest and sneakiest among dozens who build on and support that original thing - then you have no right to it and never did.
Old 06 July 2024, 09:13   #274
Marcio D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post

The subreddit r/THEC64Community still shows you as the moderator. Have you abandoned it - i.e. never log in and moderate?
Old 06 July 2024, 13:58   #275
Marcio D.

At long last... a tear down video:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 July 2024, 23:49   #276
swoslover

Quote:

[ Show youtube player ]
Thanks have watched it. I do think the A600GS looks pretty cool. Am torn between getting it or upgrading my A500.
Old Yesterday, 02:38   #277
cloverskull

I just watched this with no sound on my phone. Am I crazy or does the silkscreen say it was built for AmgiaKit (not AmigaKit)?
Old Yesterday, 03:02   #278
speshady

You are correct lol, it does say AmgiaKit. nice typo print on the board!
Old Yesterday, 03:03   #279
lesta_smsc

Quote:

[ Show youtube player ]
Now this is fascinating and my interest has peaked!

The video mentions the 26 and 13 pin headers. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the daughter board makes these accessible as they're lost in 'mounting' Orange Pi on to daughter board. Great move there as it opens the A600GS for modding and upgrades.

I also noted that there is CVBS out on Orange Pi! This is Pin 9 on 13 Pin header! Woohoo! I'm not sure what video format it supports, BUT this might be a potential avenue for connecting A600GS to a CRT! I once did this on an old Android MXQ box that had no support for this, but through running some command lines, I managed to output to composite and ... it was great! Made perfect emulation machine with Lakka!

Also, it appears the DTB may not support GPU acceleration, but it could be enabled. I'm not sure if A600GS has this acceleration enabled as if not, there is scope for even better speeds!

Tempted whether to get one now for the above testing!
Old Yesterday, 07:59   #280
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
I just watched this with no sound on my phone. Am I crazy or does the silkscreen say it was built for AmgiaKit (not AmigaKit)?
Oh that means they now have yet another name to register as a trademark.. :-D