English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 November 2008, 12:14   #261
OddbOd

Do you mean these sources?

The Richard Joseph replayer in DeliPlayer was written in MSVC6, if we can track down Peter Kunath or Florian Vorberger they might be willing to share the source code.

Last edited by OddbOd; 04 November 2008 at 12:46.
Old 05 November 2008, 07:30   #262
tomcat666
Retro Freak

This player seriously ROCKS Nice one bLAZER ! Simple and intuitive to use and really good playback quality.

What are the chances of 68k emulator that would playback CUST. modules ? Like the one in Deliplayer... that would round it off as the best amiga mod player for windows without any doubt.
Old 05 November 2008, 10:30   #263
Frog

Hi,

Great player, i don't like to much the design but as i can't offer a better one i shouuld shut up. I guess the main priority are the engine players?

What about SNDH support ?
Old 05 November 2008, 20:15   #264
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

@tomcat666: Thanks dude. Since my (68k)assembler skills are almost non existant I would say that it's not very likely unfortunately... but maybe if I find a good library/source.

@Frog: Yeah, main priority is support for oldschool formats... I'll take a look at SNDH.
Old 05 November 2008, 20:33   #265
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post
@tomcat666: Thanks dude. Since my (68k)assembler skills are almost non existant I would say that it's not very likely unfortunately... but maybe if I find a good library/source.

@Frog: Yeah, main priority is support for oldschool formats... I'll take a look at SNDH.
you'll need more than 68k knowledge: you'll have to know how amiga sound hardware works too (custom chips)

@oddbod: RJP/Vectordean format works OK in deliplayer for some Sensible Games, but for Chaos Engine in-game tunes or Cannon Fodder 2 it does not. It works in Deliplayer. I still have to test in Eagleplayer.

Is there a RJP -> .mod converter somewhere? (I don't think so)
Old 06 November 2008, 04:53   #266
OddbOd

Chaos Engine and Cannon Fodder 2 work fine in DeliPlayer, you either have bad files or sub-song evaluation is turned off, go to Config -> Control Client -> Evaluation and make sure Create Sublists for Sub-Songs is enabled.

I don't recommend XMPlay/DeliX because you have to right-click the Next track button to hear the rest of the tunes, it does not auto-advance subsongs for some reason.
Old 08 November 2008, 08:26   #267
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
Chaos Engine and Cannon Fodder 2 work fine in DeliPlayer, you either have bad files or sub-song evaluation is turned off, go to Config -> Control Client -> Evaluation and make sure Create Sublists for Sub-Songs is enabled.

I don't recommend XMPlay/DeliX because you have to right-click the Next track button to hear the rest of the tunes, it does not auto-advance subsongs for some reason.
not working for me even with this option enabled. I'm using version 2.5. loads OK but no sound.
I have tried XMPlay/DeliX: exactly the same problem: .mod files are playing OK, but RJP songs play without any sound!!!

The aim is to get hi-level source code for the replayer for my remake-to-be. If I cannot replay RJP modules, there won't be any CE remake.
As far as I have checked, most replayers of "exotic" formats rely on 68k emulation, which is not very good for me...

Last edited by jotd; 08 November 2008 at 08:37.
Old 08 November 2008, 12:27   #268
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Although that is because some formats have cpu intructions in the song file (like a sid) and to do a replayer without any kind of 68k emulator is therefore impossible.
Old 08 November 2008, 14:15   #269
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Although that is because some formats have cpu intructions in the song file (like a sid) and to do a replayer without any kind of 68k emulator is therefore impossible.
ah ok. but not the case for RJP/Vectordean
Old 08 November 2008, 15:47   #270
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Works fine in XMplayer for me... acoording to this http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Richard_Joseph_(format) there may exist a port to PC... otherwise maybe we could write one together
Old 09 November 2008, 16:01   #271
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

bLAZER, can this player play subsongs separately as different "tracks" so you could for example for turrican tfmx format play mod 1 subsong 1 in your playlist followed by mod 3 subsong 4? Deliplayer I could not get to do that and it was quite annoying. Also deliplayer could not save individiual subsongs to wav/mp3. So I am looking forward to using this player if it can have those features. (And even if not, as it can play formats the others can't!).

You are going to add TFMX support eventually right? Be it via cpu emulation or what not as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Keep up the good work, it is sounding promising.
Old 09 November 2008, 22:55   #272
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Works fine in XMplayer for me... acoording to this http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Richard_Joseph_(format) there may exist a port to PC... otherwise maybe we could write one together
If Mike Montgomery ported it, I doubt that we ever see the source

XMplay uses emulation for most amiga replayers, but deliplayer does not. Unfortunately, it seems that all deliplayer resources are down, including e-mail

I'm planning to rewrite RJP player in C using asm2C converter that I have written and used (successfully) to create a C version of Imploder packer.
Maybe it won't be so hard after all.
Old 09 November 2008, 22:57   #273
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
can this player play subsongs separately as different "tracks" so you could for example for turrican tfmx format play mod 1 subsong 1 in your playlist followed by mod 3 subsong 4?
That would be cool indeed, same for SIDs please, if possible
How's the fight with the 5.1 speakers setup going there Blazey?
Old 10 November 2008, 09:04   #274
OddbOd

Quote:
Deliplayer I could not get to do that and it was quite annoying. Also deliplayer could not save individiual subsongs to wav/mp3.
Another victim of DP's horribly confusing interface

First add the Song No. column to the playlist window so you can tell subsongs apart. Add the music files to the playlist and select all of them, in the Playlist's right-click menu go to Edit -> Split Selected Into Subsongs after a few seconds all of the subsongs should be shown in the playlist. You can now delete any that you don't want and save a playlist that will contain subsong info. WAVE/MP3 conversion will also work as expected.
Quote:
You are going to add TFMX support eventually right? Be it via cpu emulation or what not as mentioned earlier in the thread.
That seems a reasonable expectation as there's an opensource TFMX player.
Old 10 November 2008, 20:18   #275
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Better subsong support for playlist is on todo list

The surround thing is hard to fix since I don't have a surround setup myself... so not high priority unfortunately.

I've tried to get TFMX working with the code from http://xmms-tfmx.sourceforge.net/ but just getting some noise... will spend some more time on it though..

@jotd: that sounds like magic... you mean you give the application an amiga assembler program and out comes a working cross platform c program... ?
Old 15 November 2008, 22:15   #276
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

New Version: 0.76

New features:
  • Automatically advances to the next subsong when a subsong has ended (instead of the next sound in the playlist)
  • More VUMeters - change by clicking on the VUMeter area, selected one is saved in the settings
  • Shows current playing sound in taskbar
  • New fancy big 32-bit application icon
  • New font for timer

Bug fixes:
  • Changed the loading order for plugins which hopefully leads to less crashes when loading files

Download BZR Player 0.76 here
Old 15 November 2008, 22:22   #277
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for the new version bLAZER Updated it and will do some serious testing tomorrow
Old 15 November 2008, 22:36   #278
jotd
This cat is no more

@blazer: the 68000 simulation is very limited, since there's no run-time to render the video or play the sound. But at least it allows native C programs.
I did the same for 6502 and it worked very well. I could remake 3 Oric games and fix bugs/add features/backgrounds without having to recode all enemy "A.I". I just needed a periodic video render of the screen.
For 68000 & Amiga games, it would be a lot more complicated. Better use WinUAE
Old 15 November 2008, 23:46   #279
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Aha.. sounds complicated.. hehe.. well, if/when you manage to find/port RJP code you know who to give it to
Old 16 November 2008, 10:07   #280
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Aha.. sounds complicated.. hehe.. well, if/when you manage to find/port RJP code you know who to give it to
I won't forget you Blazer. at least it will be of immediate use