English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 May 2012, 15:05   #2721
Buzzfuzz

On the pc it's still X3 Terran Conflict, on the Amiga, Dune, Dune II, Colonization, Pirates, Frontier and lot's of others.
I do have like a lot of Need For Speed titels ready and also Call Of Duty line, but just haven't got around to it.
Maybe in week 29/32, I have one month off then.
Old 20 May 2012, 16:40   #2722
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

been playing Batman Arkham Asylum. Really nice beat em up in the traditional style, with dozens of secrets and quite an advanced combat system. It ain't mash the button, you really need your wits and some good reflexes to get out of the larger fights. And sometimes a more stealthy patient approach is necessary. Love it!
Old 21 May 2012, 10:17   #2723
Husare81

Help!!!

I search a Formula One Manager called Formula One Challenge from Amivision.I can´t find a Download Mirror. I found the Game on http://hol.abime.net but i can´t download. Can you help me???

Old 21 May 2012, 10:41   #2724
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
been playing Batman Arkham Asylum. Really nice beat em up in the traditional style
OMG, it's the greatest Batman game EVER created!
I had so much fun playing it and getting 100% of Riddler's secrets I almost envy you that you will experience it as new.
And trust me, it's not just a beatemup, I installed it for the first time and almost (battle)cried at the first battle in the prison, thinking it's just a beatemup and getting pissed at the devs...
But then gave it a chance and... it's truly an awesome game.
So is Arkham City BTW.
Old 21 May 2012, 22:58   #2725
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
And trust me, it's not just a beatemup, I installed it for the first time and almost (battle)cried at the first battle in the prison, thinking it's just a beatemup and getting pissed at the devs...
But then gave it a chance and... it's truly an awesome game.
Well I already had the poison ivy battle behind me when I posted, I know the game front to back I should have said it differently: its not a traditional beat em up, but the fighting sequences do make me think back to the good ol' days of Final Fight though.

I don't think I'll go for the 100% though, I can remember plenty of secret spots I couldn't get when I first passed them but I'm not going out of my way to find them again. Even though there are plenty of secrets, the reward is not really all that great. Hey, you have to find something to moan about in a game

Arkham City is going on the todo list, that's for sure.
Old 16 June 2012, 17:14   #2726
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Saints Row 2.

Aw man, that game is seriously broken on the PC. You actually need to run an unofficial patch to slow it down as it was developed with the exact speed of an XBox 360 in mind; if your pc is faster, the game is faster :/ In my case: waaaay faster. Must be the most horrible port I've seen yet. But, its fun nonetheless once you get it to the right speed and you get used to the idiotic controls...
Old 21 June 2012, 04:52   #2727
ransom1122

Amiga - Shadow Of The Beasts,1,2,3, Turrican 1,2,3 and trying all cd32 games
PC - Finished Legend Of Grimrock, Trying Krator,
Old 21 June 2012, 11:48   #2728
roy bates

having a go of DAYZ an arma2 mod,its very good for an alpha release.
Old 21 June 2012, 13:01   #2729
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Just finished Borderlands, and I was left with the impression that it should have been named Boredomlands instead. What an uninspired tech demo of a game.

Going through Area 51. Low production values, mediocre graphics and average audio almost turned me off, but after working my way through it, I'm pleasantly surprised at how fun this game has become. Love the intense firefights, the creativity of some of the levels, and weird conspiracy theory references!
Old 21 June 2012, 17:52   #2730
Geraldine
Amigas4Ever!

Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System Tech Level 0 No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!
Miggy: Subwar 2050. Did a review of this game for Amibay and now addicted to it!

PC: Oolite, Pioneer and a bit of Alan Wake

XBox: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II

360: Over G Fighters

PS1: Tomb Raider III
Old 22 June 2012, 23:17   #2731
Lord Riton

Diablo 3 !

.. but, it starts to get boring a bit, affter 200+ hours

Still also playing Heroes of might and magic 3.5 (W.O.G.) almost everyday.

Also playing again Asheron's call, old but still great MMORPG.

These are the 3 games i really play on a daily basis at the moment. Today i also played a bit of Mass Effect 3, but somehow i find that one boring affter a while. The first one was and probably will stay the best, for me anyway.
Old 23 June 2012, 10:45   #2732
Coltch

Simon the Sorcerer
Old 23 June 2012, 11:33   #2733
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Riton View Post
Today i also played a bit of Mass Effect 3, but somehow i find that one boring affter a while. The first one was and probably will stay the best, for me anyway.
I too think the first one is the best...in fact, I think it is one of the best games I have ever played. The sequel was an enormous let down, in my opinion.

Still haven't played the third. What are your thoughts?
Old 24 June 2012, 12:16   #2734
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
Just finished Borderlands, and I was left with the impression that it should have been named Boredomlands instead. What an uninspired tech demo of a game.
You have to play it coop to really appreciate it. Borderlands 2 is going to be much better content-wise.
Old 25 June 2012, 07:42   #2735
Gunbot

Lunar Legend on GBA emulator for Android. I miss all of those old Working Designs (Game Arts) games.
Old 25 June 2012, 09:34   #2736
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Been playing Lego Harry Potter years 5-7. Yes, I don't know why but I love these games. There is just so much gameplay in there, even if it is simplified so younger kids can also play it. Mostly the same formula as the first one (although some effort has been made to take out repetitive tasks), with two notable exceptions:

- the game is localized and I see no way to switch it to English
- the effing program doesn't remember your key bindings

Other than those two minor annoyances its really fun, the Lego humor blends quite will with the darker undertone of the later books / movies. Some concessions have been made however, certain key parts of the story are just entirely not in there.

Can't wait for Lego LOTR! That one is going to be epic.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 June 2012, 01:53   #2737
rsn8887

Been playing Super Metroid emulated. One of the greatest games ever. I don't have much time so I switched between my xbox and my psp to play it on those. I had this awesome idea to copy my sram savestate file back and forth and it works like a charm! How cool is that?

I've also been playing Zelda Link's Awakening (original non color version) on my vintage GBC. I just press left and B on bootup to switch it to black and white mode. The game is incredibly big for a Gameboy title! There's many fun items and plenty of dungeons! I am almost through but then I will be Zelda'd out for a while, even though there's still Minish Cap on the GBA and Skyward Sword on the Wii to be played at some point in the distant future.
Old 26 June 2012, 08:48   #2738
weirdreams

Castlevania
Old 26 June 2012, 09:48   #2739
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
even though there's still Minish Cap on the GBA
Minish Cap is fun, but it was made by Capcom in stead of Nintendo in-house so there is quite a different feel to the game than what you'll be used to.
Old 27 June 2012, 23:33   #2740
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Aliens VS Predator.

The game is seriously hampered because of the worst AI I have seen in a long time. But still... after about an hour I was having the old Alien VS Predator 2 experience anyway. Heart in my throat, forgetting there is a world around me...

Not as bad as people seem to think it is and for a couple of bucks/euros, its not a bad buy at all.