English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 17 December 2022, 04:15   #2681
earok

Latest update adds a new feature - ability to read and write select tile properties.

You can read tile properties with the "tile_properties" variable, and do (for example) tile_properties bittest TileBit_IsSolid to check if the current tile (under block_x / block_y) is solid.

These are the read only properties:
- TileBit_HasBlock - if it has a block (you can change the flag by actually adding or removing a block to the tile)
- TileBit_HasForeground - if it has a foreground
- TileBit_HasAnimation - has an animation

These are the properties that can be read and written
- TileBit_HasSlope - the current tile has a slope. Only change this if you're sure the tile has a block with a slope
- TileBit_HasPlatform - the current tile is a platform
- TileBit_IsSolid - the current tile is solid
- TileBit_AIBlock - only used by CPU_Pursuit and CPU_Patrol types to reduce the instances of AI taking the same path, but can be used for custom purposes
- TileBit_Spare - not currently used for anything, so can be used for custom purposes (if you need to flag tiles without changing the block for example)
Old 17 December 2022, 17:20   #2682
earok

Emergency check in - Lemming880 pointed out latest experimental was broken, whoops
Old 17 December 2022, 20:55   #2683
Lemming880

Cheers for that fix earok. Loading level 1 in Boxx 4 on A500 now takes 21 seconds. With the new option to load a level, top panel and music at the same time. That's 4 seconds faster than before cartridge. Impressive!
Old 18 December 2022, 22:11   #2684
skyzoo73

Hooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Latest update adds a new feature - ability to read and write select tile properties.

You can read tile properties with the "tile_properties" variable, and do (for example) tile_properties bittest TileBit_IsSolid to check if the current tile (under block_x / block_y) is solid.

These are the read only properties:
- TileBit_HasBlock - if it has a block (you can change the flag by actually adding or removing a block to the tile)
- TileBit_HasForeground - if it has a foreground
- TileBit_HasAnimation - has an animation

These are the properties that can be read and written
- TileBit_HasSlope - the current tile has a slope. Only change this if you're sure the tile has a block with a slope
- TileBit_HasPlatform - the current tile is a platform
- TileBit_IsSolid - the current tile is solid
- TileBit_AIBlock - only used by CPU_Pursuit and CPU_Patrol types to reduce the instances of AI taking the same path, but can be used for custom purposes
- TileBit_Spare - not currently used for anything, so can be used for custom purposes (if you need to flag tiles without changing the block for example)
I suspect these may be very useful to me...
Old 19 December 2022, 15:49   #2685
Torti-the-Smurf

Quote:
@Torti that's no problem at all!
Thank you very much earok
----------------------------------------------------------------

A bit off topic; i guess .. (Hope thats alrigh)

but is there a full version of Super Delivery Boy ? ( it´s so cute )
https://neesogames.itch.io/super-delivery-boy

And what about the graphic glitch at the bottom of the Screen in the Holiday Shift ?
https://neesogames.itch.io/the-holiday-shift

(got that glitch on MIST/ER and WinUAE)

Maybe not the right thread to about that; but it uses the Scorpion Engine
and my daughter would love this
Old 23 December 2022, 01:03   #2686
skyzoo73

Hi Earok, I am reporting here a problem I am encountering with the experimental 2022.8

In the font section I am not seeing the fields
Space Width & Line Height .

Attachment 77497
Old 24 December 2022, 05:49   #2687
earok

I wanted to apologise for the delay with updates. Latest check in may not be stable:

- (Attempted) Fix for issue reported by Lemming880, had to pad floppy loading times a bit more to try and prevent issue where floppy drive light wouldn't turn off (approximately half a second longer per load).
- Fix for issue reported by Mixel where a game with more than 128 levels or asset bundles would break (!)
- Some fixes for font related stuff, I'm not totally sure if this has fixed your issue @SkyZoo but please let me know
- Added variable containing the amount of free other ram (fast+slow) and chipram in KB

The big change is this: If Add21K is turned off when compiling an ADF, it uses "Endrun" instead which increases the amount of free memory by an extra 20kb or so above what was available before (which is to say, it frees more memory having Add21K turned off than having it turned on).

(Note that this is only for recovering ram that is lost from the A500 kickstart's insistence on opening the CLI, pretty much all later Amigas don't have that issue)

But there is a catch - you need to run the ADF once in emulation before distribution (to make some fixes to startup-sequence that I couldn't do from exe2adf)

As such, I may remove Add21K support in the next little while if there's no breaking issues with Endrun.

-- Edit: Did one more update to decrease loading times for when there's a bunch of "load asset bundle" commands in a row

Last edited by earok; 24 December 2022 at 08:10.
Old 24 December 2022, 08:11   #2688
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torti-the-Smurf View Post
Thank you very much earok
----------------------------------------------------------------

A bit off topic; i guess .. (Hope thats alrigh)

but is there a full version of Super Delivery Boy ? ( it´s so cute )
https://neesogames.itch.io/super-delivery-boy

And what about the graphic glitch at the bottom of the Screen in the Holiday Shift ?
https://neesogames.itch.io/the-holiday-shift

(got that glitch on MIST/ER and WinUAE)

Maybe not the right thread to about that; but it uses the Scorpion Engine
and my daughter would love this

Apologies, I missed this message.

Super Delivery Boy is a work in progress. I've seen the Holiday glitch myself but I'm not sure if the glitch still happens if it was built with the latest Scorpion.
Old 24 December 2022, 08:51   #2689
skyzoo73

I tried downloading this latest experimental, once you open the project in the font section, they appear with the Space Width & Line Height fields, but as soon as you move to another section these disappear and don't come back, even if you select and unselect "monospace".
Old 24 December 2022, 09:26   #2690
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzoo73 View Post
I tried downloading this latest experimental, once you open the project in the font section, they appear with the Space Width & Line Height fields, but as soon as you move to another section these disappear and don't come back, even if you select and unselect "monospace".
Ah, sorry! I think I've fixed it now.
Old 24 December 2022, 11:56   #2691
skyzoo73

It works perfectly now, thanks Earok !
Old 27 December 2022, 07:02   #2692
earok

great!

---

Did a few minor check ins:

- Fix for issue reported by Mixel wherein panel elements on the talkpad would 'blink'
- Fix for issue discovered by Mixel and basementApe wherein the option to set a block to none (destroyed) was broken

There's still some outstanding issues from Lemming880 and Flibble to investigate
Old 27 December 2022, 12:16   #2693
Mixel

That was one of the fastest (not including where you’ve fixed things while I’m mid stream, haha!) bug report/fix turnarounds ever, thanks!
Old 28 December 2022, 04:50   #2694
earok

@Mixel no worries!

---

Latest check in:

- Resolves issue reported by Lemming 880 where top/bottom panels could show a previously unloaded panel while a new panel is loading
- Adds tickbox for NTSC emulation (as opposed to needing to make custom WinUAE configurations to do that)

In regards to that panel bug, the weird thing was the actual fix for it was already in the Scorpion code base, just I had disabled it for some reason. I'm not sure if that was accidental or not.
Old 29 December 2022, 09:22   #2695
earok

Latest check in:

* Fix for issue where game may crash system on exit
* Possible fix for music playback: It was hard coded to play in PAL mode, it should now play in NTSC mode if NTSC is present.
* Fixes for a couple of bugs related to issues from AcidBottle and BasementApe - firstly that scrolling at fractional speeds could make the player character "shake", secondly that CPU_ParentLocked/Orbit actors should reposition themselves before render (so that they're always correctly aligned)
Old 29 December 2022, 12:20   #2696
Mixel

Nice fixes!

Could the music speed be optional? I kind of liked the fact it didn’t go faster when played in ntsc. (I could make an ntsc override folder with adjusted music though, so it’s not really a problem if it stays this way either!)
Old 30 December 2022, 12:44   #2697
earok

Latest fixes:

- Camera/Sprite interpolate has been heavily re-written (for 50hz camera scrolling and sprite movement when in 25hz mode). It's not guaranteed to be bug free but it should be better than it was for a few different edge cases (in particular, for fractional movement speeds and parent locked objects)
- Added ability to turn on or off whether a child's animation state (direction and movement) matches the parent. If you were previously using parent_lock or parent_orbit, you may or may not want to turn this on.
- Some minor tweaks, particularly reverted that NTSC music change for the mean time

I'm going to go offline for a while - I've barely touched my Game Jam project and it's due in just over two days! Wish me luck.

And if anyone happens to know of a really simple way to launch an Amiga game in a browser (with AROS rom bundled and no configuration needed for the end user - they should be able to open the browser and play) please do let me know!
Old 30 December 2022, 12:47   #2698
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I'm going to go offline for a while - I've barely touched my Game Jam project and it's due in just over two days! Wish me luck.
Good luck! Thank you for your work on this cool engine
Old 30 December 2022, 20:41   #2699
Lemming880

Thanks for the panel fix earok. Enjoy your break.
Old 30 December 2022, 21:51   #2700
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] I'm going to go offline for a while - I've barely touched my Game Jam project and it's due in just over two days! Wish me luck. [...]
Enjoy your offline period mate and good luck !