English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 16 November 2012, 19:42   #241
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNaba View Post
What about my previous scans? If they lost in action? If needed I can upload them again, so let me know. Bye
Thanks for the new contributions.

Are the previous scans Forest Dumb Forever and others?
If so we still have them, they just have been moved to another area of the FTP.

We have a bit of a backlog since everyone is sadly a bit busy with other things.
Spam TCD if you want things to be done faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnny View Post
Files from the FTP have been removed. Game are not added to the site. Why?
I think I have discussed this with Vinny via PM while uploading some of his maps.

Anyway, since it is similar to BURNaba question and some other contributors might find a similar case with their contribution:
if you no longer see your scans in the folder you uploaded them, it is very likely that they are in an area in which they are going to be processed (one day or another ).
Feel free to ask for confirmation though in case you are going to throw your original boxes/delete scans to gain hard disk space back/etc....
Old 16 November 2012, 20:10   #242
DH
Global Moderator

I can confirm that if your file is no longer in your folder, then it has been moved out and into another folder on the ftp for us guys to start processing them.

Sometimes this process can be a long time depending on the available free time a user has. So don't worry if your file doesn't appear on HOL within 5 minutes of it disappearing from your incoming folder, it is still on the ftp, just might take a while before you see it again

Probably best to hold back on deleting or destroying boxes/scans until we are satisfied with your/our result Some of you will already know this of course

EDIT: Don't spam TCD just yet, he's away for maybe another week

Last edited by DH; 16 November 2012 at 20:36.
Old 16 November 2012, 20:51   #243
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
EDIT: Don't spam TCD just yet, he's away for maybe another week
Oh right, meanwhile, spam DH!
Old 17 November 2012, 14:53   #244
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Oh right, meanwhile, spam DH!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 18 November 2012, 09:55   #245
BURNaba

Yes lilalurl, these are games which you mentioned. Great that you still have these scans, lot of job put into it. But just in case I try to archive my previous contributions in case if you need some correction.
And guys, no one need to be spam....yet
Old 10 December 2012, 16:45   #246
BURNaba

Hi,
I added some new scans to my folder in FTP server (Franko, UFO, Theme Park, Desert Strike). Pity that my previous contributions are still in line :/
Old 10 December 2012, 20:14   #247
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Don't worry. When it is winter in Australia, Dr Bong will have enough time to process all your contributions

I will try to process at least one of your contribution each week. If several of us do that, things should go quite steadily.

Really sorry for those delays (to everyone) but as we had massive contributions during the last months and since everyone is a bit busy, things are not as fast as usual. As a consequence, people tend to process small contributions (which can be checked in a few minutes) first :-/
Old 10 December 2012, 21:53   #248
BURNaba

Greetings to Dr Bong then and have a great time while processing scans to site
But serious, I understand that we all have many other things to do and sometimes things not going fast as we want to, I own have many games to scan as well. OK, I'll try and consecutively upload new scans
Old 13 December 2012, 23:02   #249
BURNaba

Hi,
new scans are in HOL waiting room (Atlantyda PL, Birdes of Prey PL release and the same Street Fighter II). Some more I will add in the next few days. Thanks, Bye
Old 14 December 2012, 00:14   #250
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Thanks for the new contributions.

Funnily, I have uploaded your previous contributions for Forest Dumb Forever and Janosik earlier today. I might have time for a few more this week-end if the weather is as bad as today here.
Old 14 December 2012, 08:40   #251
BURNaba

Great job, as usual I'm also have great fun with scanning and processing them, it is pleasure (pity that day is too short to make them faster )
Old 15 December 2012, 23:06   #252
lilalurl
Global Moderator

I'll give you some extra work.
I had to create an entry for Meander since we had not it in HOL yet.
http://hol.abime.net/5972

I have tried to fill the entry with the few pieces of information I could gather from the screenshots and the manual.

However, I am missing a lot of information. For instance, number of players and year of release (1994?). So feel free to give additional information or to point out errors.

Also, what does "naklad 2500 egz." means? I would guess 2500 copies have been published but I am not sure.

I suppose if that is the case, it would warrant a high degree of rarity.
Old 16 December 2012, 00:44   #253
BURNaba

Hi,
Meander is the program which contains three games: Labirynt (1 player), Domino (1 or 2 players) and Odkrywka (1 or 2 players). I'm not sure of year of release because I can't find it anywhere excepting disk, so this is not certain.
For example: game "Skarbnik" in HOL site have 1996 year of release, at back side is inscription AMIGA '94, BUT at box side is © '93 which means that this is year of release??
Regarding "nakład 2500 egzemplarzy", I'm pretty sure that is number of copies of the game, which is repeated in manual but not at the game cover. Similar to "Skarbnik" which have had 2000 copies what you can see in manual and at the back of the game cover.
I'll check others Polish games which I sent last times for any useful information, please let me know if you need any info for these games, I'll try to help you
Old 16 December 2012, 09:08   #254
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Hi,
. I'm not sure of year of release because I can't find it anywhere excepting disk, so this is not certain.
For example: game "Skarbnik" in HOL site have 1996 year of release, at back side is inscription AMIGA '94, BUT at box side is © '93 which means that this is year of release??
This is the joy of filling entries, taking a decision (or leaving it to others ) when you have contradictory pieces of information

I just checked the entry for Skarbnik. The title screen says Produkcja and Dystrybucja Atares.
When I made the entry for Meander, I assumed that Produkcja meant "production/produced" so I set Atares as the developer of the game.

Is this correct?

Quote:
Regarding "nakład 2500 egzemplarzy", I'm pretty sure that is number of copies of the game, which is repeated in manual but not at the game cover.
Indeed it is repeated on every page of the manual that's why I noticed it .

On the other hand, perhaps the initial release of the game had 2500 copies but later they may have done a second release and left that information (2500 copies) while it was no longer true.

Well, I'll let some member of the core team decide on the rarity level.
Old 16 December 2012, 10:32   #255
BURNaba

Like I said, I'll try to confirm year of release or others info, maybe in Polish games magazines I'll find some useful informations.

In Meander Atares as developer is correct.

Regarding these copies of game: I never seen any other release apart of this which I sent so I not able to tell you if after this one was any re-edition or other release.
Old 16 December 2012, 22:35   #256
BURNaba

As stated, I uploaded new games to HOL server (Alfabet Śmierci, Giełda Światowa, Za żelazną Bramą). If I missed some important info please let me know. Thanks
Old 22 December 2012, 11:43   #257
lilalurl
Global Moderator

If you could doucle check the information I put for the entry of Patrol Cobry, I would be grateful:
http://hol.abime.net/5973

A personal question out of curiosity: What is the Skoczek sub-game about?
I would suppose it is some Chess game or more probably a Chess problem game. But from the screenshots, I have trouble guessing what it is exactly.
Old 22 December 2012, 19:13   #258
BURNaba

Hi,
similar like Meander, Patrol Cobry includes three games (may run independently): in game Patrol Cobry (same name) you take a control of chopper and move blocks to find a cure for citizen;
Pionier is a classic logic game like a Sapper (Saper). You must find and destroy all mines;
Skoczek is also logic games, you must clear all gray fields but moving only like a horse in chess game (but you can stand only once for each field).

There's also an installer on disk for these games, so I believe there is possibility to install them on HDD but I didn't try it myself.

Hope these helps

Last edited by BURNaba; 22 December 2012 at 19:23.
Old 22 December 2012, 19:51   #259
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Yes, thanks . I will add the HD installer information. And thanks for the explanation about Skoczek.
Old 22 December 2012, 19:57   #260
BURNaba

No problem
I have others great games to scan and upload. If I find some free time all will be done. Will let you know