English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 22 October 2009, 00:12   #241
antom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexation View Post
I'm beginning to think I'm the only one that ever played Eterna's games.. which I just find amazing considering they had the best graphics and gameplay of anything put out on the Archie back in the day.

Nice little collection of games you've got going there tho! =)
Thanks

I've also got official disks of Eterna's Cartoon Line - I've managed to misplace the 3rd disk though and I managed to lose the box too... bah! Probably why didn't include it in the original list.

I have three more of their games in the .adf format; Ballarena, Bubble Fair and Poizone (the version that runs under Risc OS, not the arcade ROM).

Also, whilst I've got Wonderland I've yet to give it a try - the disks are still sitting in their box! Just a matter of time really...
Old 23 October 2009, 19:59   #242
vexation

Quote:
Originally Posted by antom View Post
I have three more of their games in the .adf format; Ballarena, Bubble Fair and Poizone (the version that runs under Risc OS, not the arcade ROM).
Ah, it's great to hear you've got Ballarena! In the last decade I've not seen anyone confirm they have an original or copy that works (well, one other person but that was yourself on Wocki's Messageboard!) - as long as it's preserved that's fantastic! (and of course I'd love to get a nostalgic kick out of playing it again at some point in the future!)
Old 02 December 2009, 21:06   #243
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

This thread has been quiet for a while..

anything exciting happening in the Archi scene?

Oh and an adf of Ballarena would be most appreciated
Old 10 December 2009, 16:27   #244
antom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Oh and an adf of Ballarena would be most appreciated
I've just added a zip of the .adf to The Zone! if you fancy getting a copy.
Old 10 December 2009, 18:48   #245
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Ah excellent ty very much
Old 19 December 2009, 16:36   #246
MarkYoungIW

Sorry I've been so quiet for so long. Archie stuff is still on simmer, but not going to be till the New Year now.

@Antom,
Hello, and sorry about the delay in welcoming you to the thread. Not sure how things have progressed really. Will have to have a word with Charlie, and also see how SPS have got on with Archie .ipf support, and also how Tom is getting on with the new version of Arculator. Wow, thats quite a collection you have there. Fancy imaging them for Toms .adp format?
Old 25 February 2010, 20:20   #247
filth

Floppy disk

@ 'fake' filecore

Oi! I've seen you around. You must be the filecore who's nicked 'my' nick on YouTube/flickr/Twitter. No worries, I suppose it's first come, first served and I've never had any real interest in using any of those services - but as far as I'm aware, I've been filecore for the last twelve years (some here who also read the TIB forums will have seen me there, and I'm filecore at many other places too) but I noticed in recent years as I've been trying to sign up for stuff that it's being taken before I get there. Thankfully I registered my domain a decade ago; I have the only 'filecore' TLD that isn't a parked domain or unavailable!

@ archiving RISC OS materials

You guys might be interested to know that not only are there two filecores, there are also two RISC OS archiving projects. I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea to help one another out - avoid duplication of effort and work towards a common goal of software preservation. You can contact my via these forums, via TIB, or on IRC where I idle most of my days away (#playpen and #riscos on irc.freenode.net; duplicates exist on IRCnet and I'm in those, but they tend to be quieter) if you want to chat in realtime. On IRC you'll find me using either 'filecore' or 'filth'.

Last edited by filth; 26 February 2010 at 02:52.
Old 25 February 2010, 20:28   #248
filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake filecore View Post
Also got loads of Acorn User, AAW & Acorn Computer cover and subscription disks. The first ever AAW cover CD, few Archive ones and loads of PD etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamdunk View Post
Glad to know the English Acorn scene is still alive and well! It's been frustrating to see sites that have tried to preserve the games pulled down due to various copyright infringements - i only hope the wolves stay at bay and realise there is no point in trying to make money from +15 year old games! The only people who bother to play them are us Acorn lovers who like to delve into some nostalgia once in a while! Most of us actually bought the games years ago, just lost the copies over the years...
If you don't mind, we could use both your help (and anyone else's, too!) in filling any blanks in our CD collection. We're trying to preserve old magazine cover CDs, as well as others. There may be some copyright issues yet to be finally resolved with some of them, but hey, it's decade-and-a-half old software. Ethical issues aside, I certainly don't think anybody's going to fork out £30 for that stuff anymore...

http://www.filecore.net/riscos/public/riscoscds/ (mirror page)

Last edited by filth; 25 February 2010 at 21:31.
Old 11 April 2010, 22:05   #249
amiganer

hello,

how could i copy .adf files to HD Discs for Archimedes 3010 on PC ?
Old 11 April 2010, 22:13   #250
filth

You'll find that .adf is a disk image. You need to mount this virtual floppy into a virtual floppy drive. However, that's where it ends, since you don't tell me which emulator you're using (there are so many - RPCemu, RPCemuSpoon, VA5K, VRPC, VRPCSE, RedSquirrel, ArcEm, Archie, A310Em, etc etc) - obviously, the instructions would vary depending on the app in question.

[Important technical note: VA* and RedSquirrel aren't RISC OS emulators, they're Acorn hardware emulators and can be used to run anything that can run on equivalent native hardware.]
Old 11 April 2010, 23:12   #251
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiganer View Post
hello,

how could i copy .adf files to HD Discs for Archimedes 3010 on PC ?
Hi amiganer,

If you are talking about restoring .adf files that you have on your PC to High Density floppies for use with your Archimedes 3010, then you can do this quite easily without using an emulator by using the 'Arcimage' utility.

Details here:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=458437&postcount=91

If you are trying to write 800K images to HD disks and you have no DD disks, then put a piece of tape over the HD sensing hole.

BTW, that was my first post here.
Old 11 April 2010, 23:15   #252
filth

Okay, I see that there are two ways to interpret "... for Archimedes 3010 on PC". I read it as the Arc was actually on the PC = emulated. Now I see that it could also be that he's wanting to copy the discs - for the A3010 - on the PC. Ah well. And this is why grammar and sentence structure are important!
Old 11 April 2010, 23:20   #253
prowler
Global Moderator

You are right, and if amiganer means it the way you have interpreted it, then it should get an interesting topic going.
Old 11 April 2010, 23:58   #254
amiganer

Quote:
Hi amiganer,

If you are talking about restoring .adf files that you have on your PC to High Density floppies for use with your Archimedes 3010, then you can do this quite easily without using an emulator by using the 'Arcimage' utility.
thanks for information.

hope i will get my archimedes soon

Quote:
And this is why grammar and sentence structure are important!
sorry, my girl friend was watching TV and my english + grammar isn"t the best
Old 14 April 2010, 23:04   #255
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiganer View Post
my english + grammar isn"t the best
me 2 ribbit ribbit
Old 04 July 2010, 09:39   #256
MarkYoungIW

Been stuck working my arse off 16+ hours a day every day trying to keep my buisness alive, but havent forgot the Archie stuff. Hoping to get on with it at the end of the season (after September).

See Kryoflux says it supports Archimedes now, so does that mean I will be sending my dumps to SPS for a finished IPF yet?

Will go all out at it as soon as I can.

Mark.

Last edited by MarkYoungIW; 04 July 2010 at 09:48.
Old 04 July 2010, 10:13   #257
IFW

Yes, it could mean that
Old 04 July 2010, 10:16   #258
MarkYoungIW

Sounds good, have put my name on the list for Kryoflux.

Very short of time, so wont be building my own if I can help it.

Once its done, hopefully Archie images, here we come!!!
Old 07 July 2010, 13:43   #259
starlord
Zone Friend

Oh wow, that thread is still running since last time I came here... excellent!

For those into archie programs, I was wondering if a title named Karma (possibly the full version) has been preserved into an IPF... anyone has a clue on this? does anyone here own the retail game?

Also, referring to arculator (I see a few versions have cropped up since 0.9) is FDi support operational again? it would be good to play the archie version of SF3000 again some time...

many thanks.

mikael.
Old 07 July 2010, 13:50   #260
filth

I do have a copy of the retail game, so I suppose I could dig it out and image it if it's not anywhere else to be found. Do please note, however, that there is no "full version" - there was only ever the Flight Trainer released, as the main programmer died in a motorcycle accident before completing the game.

I do also know that a quite large Acorn games pack (some native games, some images) is planned to be released during the summer, so keep an eye on that too: http://www..org/user/antiques/