English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 November 2021, 11:00   #241
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
So does that mean everyone here having issues with iGameV2 changing the layout of the screen when a game does not have an image is using a graphics card?

So there is no point in me trying new guigfx library as suggested by @walkero
I don’t have a graphics card. Mine is an A1200 with a 128mb 030 accelerator so I have to tick the NoGUifx option otherwise igame won’t run at all. I’m going to try a manual install of those 2 files posted above and see what happens.

I’m thinking it could be a clash somewhere with scalos which is integrated into my classic WB 3.1 full install.
Old 17 November 2021, 12:11   #242
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
There may be incompatibilities between Descriptor and Datatypes, try these (manually copy the two files Descriptor and Datatypes).

https://aminet.net/package/util/dtype/akPNG-dt

https://aminet.net/package/util/dtype/PNGdt44

What version of ClassicWB are you using?
Thanks for the links but it’s not fixed it for me unfortunately. I’m using ClassicWB 3.1 full on my A1200 which has Scalos integrated. It could be some sort of conflict with that maybe.
Old 17 November 2021, 12:18   #243
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I don’t have a graphics card. Mine is an A1200 with a 128mb 030 accelerator so I have to tick the NoGUifx option otherwise igame won’t run at all. I’m going to try a manual install of those 2 files posted above and see what happens.

I’m thinking it could be a clash somewhere with scalos which is integrated into my classic WB 3.1 full install.
Same boat with Scalos and classic WB 3.1 full mate.

I actually think mine works with noguigfx and without. Need to check that again actually.
Old 17 November 2021, 12:55   #244
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

I actually think mine works with noguigfx and without. Need to check that again actually.

It works also with "noguigfx" deactivated but you must have in your system the render.library and guigfx.library, screennotify.library is also required but not indispensable. Of course on a PAL system I don't know what can improve having "noguigfx" deactivated.
Old 17 November 2021, 13:24   #245
rabidgerry

Quote:
It works also with "noguigfx" deactivated but you must have in your system the render.library and guigfx.library, screennotify.library is also required but not indispensable. Of course on a PAL system I don't know what can improve having "noguigfx" deactivated.
But you said, so what happened to needing a graphics card then?

Quote:
GuiGfx and guigfx.library are needed for those who use a graphics card, and are not needed for those who do not have a graphics card
All I am trying to do is update the guigfx as I already have it installed as well as everything else required for iGameV2. This is not the problem.

And since walkero suggested we try the newer guigfx to see if this helps the issue I am having I decided to give it a go and report back.

I'm not sure if you have missed something in the posts on here but I am simply trying to update what I already have because the issue I have is the display goes all fucked up when I do not have an image for a game. There are screen shots a few pages back.
Old 17 November 2021, 14:30   #246
rabidgerry

Put in the the newer guigfx.library_68060 (v20.1). Changed the name to guigfx.library. Rebooted.

Disabled NOGUIGFX in tooltypes.

Still the same issue as before. Images display fine for games that have them, if there is no imaged file, the menu boxes display all squashed up the right hand side of the screen on like the old iGame which would just display iGame.iff should a game NOT have an image.
Old 17 November 2021, 15:52   #247
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes true, but as said if you do not have an image of the game, but you have an Icon "PNG" and the icon.library of PeterK in the GUI on the right you will see the image of the Icon
Old 17 November 2021, 15:59   #248
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
But you said, so what happened to needing a graphics card then?

I'm not sure if you have missed something in the posts on here but I am simply trying to update what I already have because the issue I have is the display goes all fucked up when I do not have an image for a game. There are screen shots a few pages back.
As you can see from the screenshot I have disabled "guigfx.Library" r the scrennshot is visible even if it is a PNG

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 December 2021 at 09:41.
Old 17 November 2021, 16:05   #249
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

Yeah if there is no iGame.iff in the game directory iGame uses the icon with the same file name as the slave instead (e.g. mygame.slave -> mygame.info). IIRC this still requires that you have an icon datatype installed; so long as the icon appears properly in Workbench, the icon.library you have doesn't need to be changed.
Old 17 November 2021, 17:07   #250
tolkien
AmigaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldacid View Post
Yeah if there is no iGame.iff in the game directory iGame uses the icon with the same file name as the slave instead (e.g. mygame.slave -> mygame.info). IIRC this still requires that you have an icon datatype installed; so long as the icon appears properly in Workbench, the icon.library you have doesn't need to be changed.
Could that happend with games that are not whdloads?
For example an added "Game.exe" without iff could get game.exe.info as image.
Old 17 November 2021, 18:06   #251
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

I remember I was looking into that but I don't recall off the top of my head if I made successful changes to that effect or if they were merged in if I did. I'll need to go take a look at the repo.

UPDATE: Looks like it doesn't. It only checks icon for image for WHDLoad slaves. However, it would be trivial to change that with some changes around line 1191 in funcs.c. I can certainly make and PR those changes, just not tonight due to other commitments.

Last edited by coldacid; 17 November 2021 at 18:22.
Old 17 November 2021, 21:30   #252
rabidgerry

Quote:
Yes true, but as said if you do not have an image of the game, but you have an Icon "PNG" and the icon.library of PeterK in the GUI on the right you will see the image of the Icon
So I need PeterK library and png datatypes now?

How did the old iGame work?

I don't really fancy changing all my icons just to get this to display correctly.
Old 17 November 2021, 21:41   #253
Superman

Quote:

I don't really fancy changing all my icons just to get this to display correctly.
I tried enabling the Peter k icon option on mine and it totally broke my workbench and it wouldn’t boot any more. I had to reinstall scalos to fix it as it deleted some library files that were needed to boot.
Old 17 November 2021, 22:16   #254
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

No Peter's icon.library is needed for iGame, only if you want nice Dual-PNG icons for all the Games

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 November 2021 at 22:30.
Old 17 November 2021, 22:25   #255
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I tried enabling the Peter k icon option on mine and it totally broke my workbench and it wouldn’t boot any more. I had to reinstall scalos to fix it as it deleted some library files that were needed to boot.
It was not necessary to reinstall Scalos just restore its library.

Peter's library on OS 3.1 is not enough to copy it in Libs, you must also deactivate the one that OS 3.1 has in Kickstart through a command to be added in the startup-sequence, read instructions, on OS 3.9 instead you can copy it without doing anything else.
Old 17 November 2021, 23:12   #256
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Thanks for the links but it’s not fixed it for me unfortunately. I’m using ClassicWB 3.1 full on my A1200 which has Scalos integrated. It could be some sort of conflict with that maybe.

Did you replace your igame.iff (it was PNG) with the one included in the original IGame package?
Old 17 November 2021, 23:15   #257
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

No I have tested on ClassicWB full and it works well the latest version of iGame

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 December 2021 at 09:41.
Old 18 November 2021, 13:45   #258
Superman

Ok I have just done a test where I downloaded an actual igame screenshot pack. Now when I click on one of the games I added an igame.iff to it just closes down.

[ Show youtube player ]

EDIT : tried a different pack with lo res pics and it now seems to be working.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Superman; 18 November 2021 at 14:16.
Old 18 November 2021, 15:04   #259
AMIGASYSTEM

Well then in addition to having problems with some datatypes, you probably also had RAM problems loading images of a certain quality.

This is another reason to use Peterk's Icon.library, this library makes the system consume much less RAM Chip.
Old 18 November 2021, 17:39   #260
rabidgerry

Quote:
No Peter's icon.library is needed for iGame, only if you want nice Dual-PNG icons for all the Games
Oh ok, I thought this was going to fix the messed up display without pictures.