Old 09 June 2011, 20:30   #2501
r0ber7
it's all in your head

The Settlers 1 & 2

Simultaneously.
Old 10 June 2011, 15:48   #2502
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It is possible, the games are slow enough that you can multitask between two computers and play them both at the same time.
Old 16 June 2011, 23:57   #2503
onkelarie

ScummVM on the GP2x Caanoo is getting a lot of attention the last two days overhere.
Old 16 June 2011, 23:59   #2504
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Duke Nukem Forever
Old 17 June 2011, 21:22   #2505
deicidal
Registered Insane

Just finished Portal II and now moved on to Fable III on the PC. The new Morbid Angel has also been getting played a fair bit as well
Old 17 June 2011, 23:18   #2506
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I just finished Portal 1. Generally easy, some puzzles take a little more time. But boy is it fun, can't wait to play Portal 2!
Old 18 June 2011, 01:56   #2507
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Just finished Medal of Honour Vanguard on the PS2 - another bargain basement game - it's not bad - worth a go, the last level is the best - quite challenging in actual fact!

Doesn't look too good by today's standards but the guns go bang and the baddies fall over - it is a bit... I am trying to think of another word for linear... I cant ... it is a bit linear!
Old 19 June 2011, 12:52   #2508
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Far Cry 2.

Don't know why everyone seems to want to take a dump on this game, I'm having a blast with it. Beautiful scenery and intense gun fights. I like how in some ways the game tries to help you through your buddies which can even pull you out of death some times, and on the other hand is unforgiving in the way that you have to go out of your way to be able to save progress. Nicely balanced IMO.
Old 19 June 2011, 12:57   #2509
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Far Cry 2.

Don't know why everyone seems to want to take a dump on this game, I'm having a blast with it. Beautiful scenery and intense gun fights. I like how in some ways the game tries to help you through your buddies which can even pull you out of death some times, and on the other hand is unforgiving in the way that you have to go out of your way to be able to save progress. Nicely balanced IMO.

I loved it, I played through it twice with different characters and have recently installed on my Notebook as something to play whilst on the road.

The AI though isn't as good as the first Far Cry but its a nice game to play all the same, plus the visuals are amazing, still looks great today

I always enjoy games where you have an open Map, like the GTA series, so if that appeals to you and like FPS's then this is a game for you.

Steve.
Old 19 June 2011, 15:47   #2510
Leffmann

Phantasy Star 1 on SMS and Zelda 2 on NES.

Phantasy Star is superior in every aspect; sound and music, graphics, technical quality etc.. Zelda 2 looks like a rush job and is very shoddy (like many NES games I guess) but I like it a lot still.
Old 19 June 2011, 18:59   #2511
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

You should see the angry video game nerd episode on Zelda 2
Old 23 June 2011, 12:56   #2512
charliestumpy

I like to play Knightmare (including the different 3 mag. demos)-Cadaver+The Pay Off (and the 3 different mag demos), Lemmings - all sorts - and especially Dozer. Sometimes I do the Dizzy adventure games, or the 1st 2 Monkey Island games/Indy Atlantis. All usually on PC via Cloanto Amiga Forever. Only PC games I bought-play are Lemmings 3D (bought a PSP and PS3 mainly for different Lemmings), Monkey 3,4,5/fine Indy Infernal M/C (+ vile Emperor's Tomb)/great Lego Indy 1 + 2. I prefer gameplay to the whizzo killers currently the vogue.

Old 23 June 2011, 19:03   #2513
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Far Cry 2.

Far Cry 2 is brilliant... I especially like the custom map creation and online play

Anyway i've been playing 'Earthbound' on the Snes.. Interesting game but it's not got me hooked yet.
Old 24 June 2011, 09:52   #2514
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
Far Cry 2 is brilliant...
It has some flaws, lack of story being a major one. The game basically revolves around you driving/floating around a small piece of Africa doing odd jobs which always involve the following three elements: find something, kill someone, blow something up. You have to really enjoy the side thingies like hunting for diamond cases and Jackal recordings if this game is to stay interesting at all.

But in this game I'm fine with it. I'll just pretend to be a mercenary and do my job to become well known. The most fun is to just open up the heavy hardware and start blowing stuff up
Old 24 June 2011, 11:05   #2515
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
It has some flaws, lack of story being a major one. The game basically revolves around you driving/floating around a small piece of Africa doing odd jobs which always involve the following three elements: find something, kill someone, blow something up. You have to really enjoy the side thingies like hunting for diamond cases and Jackal recordings if this game is to stay interesting at all.
This 'review' sums it up very well : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide.../510-Far-Cry-2
Old 24 June 2011, 12:12   #2516
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:

But in this game I'm fine with it. I'll just pretend to be a mercenary and do my job to become well known. The most fun is to just open up the heavy hardware and start blowing stuff up
The single player mode is ok but it's the multiplayer that i especially enjoy... There are sooo many fun community made maps, mods and game modes to keep me interested for a long time
Old 24 June 2011, 21:42   #2517
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
This 'review' sums it up very well : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide.../510-Far-Cry-2
Oh yeah, haven't seen the last few episodes.

*watches*
Old 04 July 2011, 18:07   #2518
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

I completed Might & Magic II some time ago (finally!!!) ... now I am about to play to Champions of Krynn!
Old 04 July 2011, 19:17   #2519
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
Wings of Fury... and its annoying the hell out of me! (because I'm not very good)
Old 04 July 2011, 21:49   #2520
Paradroid90
Open Source Guru

Final Fantasy XII ..... Just recently picked up a PS2 on the cheap......Combat system takes some getting used too but pretty damn good!