English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 16 November 2014, 23:25   #221
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Got some mayor problems reporting troug my e-mail. A couple of players can not run the game. When they starting up the screen turns black and nothing else. They must go into systemcontrole to terminate to game. I go looking in to that for seeing what the underlying problem this is. I want to have everybody to play my game.

I have them directed to here to put there questins her so maybe some of you can solve this. This halt the project until i solve it. Or it wil be solved.
I need very big help on this.
Old 17 November 2014, 12:16   #222
Gambit

Hi. It sounds like the problem I was having when I started the program with my second monitor enabled. It ran just fine when I turned my other monitors off but always gave a black screen when I had them enabled.
Hope this helps.
Old 17 November 2014, 22:52   #223
bfrnhout

Gambit Thanks.
You solution is already in the solution list i have made. Up til now i did not got a reply if the game is working. My problem is that i visit a couple of friends who have Gaming computer. I7 processor and 8 or 16 Gb Ram. A video card that is of the scale. Somthing with 8 Gb video ram. Even one who had is computer overclocked. Al in a nutshell there where 5 computers i could tested on.

Indeed on who had 3 screens the program freesed. I could look in to it and foud the problem but no solution, cause the compiler is not set up for this and cant coupe with it.
When it want to have the full screen its requesting it but it get back 3 differend sizes. Its take the first one and request a scale mode. (Over two screens) thats impossible for windows so i give back a false awnser. But the program is waiting for a 0(zero) if its not working and a number to pointing to the screen given. Thats the problem but there is no solution for this. (Sorry guys).

On 2 systems its requesting to instal Directplay. Afther that and correcting the screens system. All systems did start. Lucky for me at least on system was so fast that the startup of the game took las then a second. All intro screen wend by in a flash.
The rest of the game worked fine on all the systems. So its hard for me to make a solution if i can't find any that look like the one ive got fram the player.

Anyway. I go futher on the game. As long as it is one person and he is not reply on any signal the game continue.

Good news but not yet a download. The save and load are done and working. Now going over to translation.
Old 20 November 2014, 22:34   #224
Genlock
Out to Grass

Hi bfrnhout, i have been following your post for just a few weeks,and have downloaded your latest work in progress.
I noticed in some of the earlier posts you were asking for screen dumps of the original Amiga version, Do you have enough now?
Good luck with your progress..

Joe

BTW;Is the date right in your link ?
-http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhout/files/Deuturos_PC_141114.rar-

Last edited by Genlock; 20 November 2014 at 22:42. Reason: checking for latest version
Old 21 November 2014, 20:42   #225
bfrnhout

First awnsering to Genlock:
No i do not have enough screen pictures. The graphics are up to date untile to entering the station. All production pictures i have. IOS and SGS pictures i have them to and thats it. Some sound i am missing to. So on that part i can cat some help.

For the rest i have some bad news. Build 607 is out. Test it and report the bugs if they are there. The save and load is ready and in use. Entering station is working. But there is a outbreak of a virus. So your movement are limited. You may only enter the shuttle bay on the station. And to prevent outbreak of the virus no admittens allowed anywhere.

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhout/deuteros.html

Happy gaming (Hatsoei)
Old 21 November 2014, 20:55   #226
bfrnhout

BTW. For the members who do not know how its work with the provided file. Here a update on how to know what to download and witch build version:

When i report a new update its always a build expansion. Every new build is complete with the old program and added new parts. This wil rebuild as a whole program and that new build number is collected dan showed in the start up on the game. On the right bottom intro screen.

Thuersday, I start assambling all the new function and or part in the program. And start building. Test the connections in the game and see if all is working with the new parts. This can mean that sometimes olderpart who are not updated on the right way crash the program. But thats not important here.

When i think all is ok. I create a RAR file . Because its a PC version i extand the information on the rar file. So to see if the latets file is downloaded Here is the way to look at it. Deuteros_(Version)PC_(Year)14(month)11(day)21.rar
Translate to PC version 21-Oct-2014. Why do i give it a PC marker, Cause the Linus version is also on the way, Including IMac. Android and pad/Ipad are under way. But first make the PC version working.

When Pc version is working the core of the program is easy to translate to LinuX. And from there i can compile it to linux.

Hope give you a little bit insight inthe way i am working. For me also a easy way to keep track of where the last backup is. I do weekly a backup of everything. At the Server on my work. And on the NAS here at home. A 2 way safty.
Old 22 November 2014, 15:20   #227
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Bug, have built the components necessary for shuttle. However it's stuck on the mid compartment. I can't move left or right to add an engine.

Save file provided
https://www.sendspace.com/file/9bcm6q

Use ADBLOCK!

Oh and have also tested alt-tab, still black screens the shuttle back background
Old 22 November 2014, 16:35   #228
bfrnhout

I look in to it right away for the shuttle bay. Tested it and got the same problem.

For the Alt_Tab situation i am look for the problem but i cant tackel the point hwere it goes wrong. The only thing i have found is that the program got the pointer to the graphics. But the whole memory is empty. Windows make a swap and has to backup the whote graphics memory, but is forgetting this. Why i could not find it yet. I try to tackle it during bug hunting on other bugs. Like this one.

Thanks
Old 22 November 2014, 16:47   #229
shaf

Similar to the shuttle assembly bug, if you disassenble the shuttle you cannot reasssemble it , the message "No S Chassis" appears althought checking the warehouse units are available.
Old 22 November 2014, 18:52   #230
bfrnhout

build 617 Not shifting shuttle solved. Function who controlled where the shuttle is was not good written. During update shuttles (witch is every day in the game) all shuttles get checked if they are on board of the Orbital factory or on the surface.. There is one exception and that is earth bay. But the function did not encounter this in the code bedause it was not is. Make the exception for earth and now its working good.

And i made a link only load the exe. Replace the Deuteros.exe eith this one and go playing.

Old 22 November 2014, 20:41   #231
bfrnhout

Looking into it. Try to figure out what is going wrong. This was testen and did worked And now you are right. Its junk. There are more then one problem in this all. So i go trough all the code line bij line testing to find the problem where it is. For now the exe only build 617 is working excluding the scraping of the shuttle.

BTW. MANY Thanks shaf. this is a bug that is easy overseen.
Old 22 November 2014, 21:46   #232
bfrnhout

Shaf your bug is solved. It was not an easy task to do that. There was a piece of code missing. A left over from my previous HD crash. And Missing parts of files during server backup. Short story long: I've got a few file who had truncated code and missing a lot of tekst of coding. This was also a piece of it. I think that the whole source code is complete now. And only bug comming up from new part of coding.
BTW A new EXE is downloadable .

Old 23 November 2014, 15:45   #233
shaf

Build doesn't work existing save game, also if loading existing game and going to shuttle control game immediately terminates. Will retry with new file. I suspect that save date still contains the bug.
Old 23 November 2014, 19:13   #234
bfrnhout

checked and correct. Strange that all those errors come up now. I look right into it.
Old 23 November 2014, 19:49   #235
bfrnhout

O boy. This one is my mistake. Neil97 provided me with memdump. That give me a fater way of finding the bugs. If you want to make a memdump Press CTRL+S its a quicksave routine. And the file wil be written in data under the name Quick.sav. When you sant it to me i can read it in the program and are right on the point where it is going wrong.

To make this work i have to change a few little things in the save file. Then i compare the trwo states and know right away witch command is going in to the fault.
But when i return the game to normal these couple of line i must comment out.

Solve this by only to be operational when the debug mode is on.
Test it and work.

For those who have already saved their game must format the save file again. With the latste build 646 or higher.
This also solve the shuttle problem.
Old 23 November 2014, 19:51   #236
bfrnhout

BTW new EXE can be download again.
Old 24 November 2014, 20:41   #237
Genlock
Out to Grass

hi bfrnhout,

I downloaded the latest version and it plays great and the sounds are perfect , but when i go to save it crashes with "Memory Access Violation" ..

I read an earlier post from Fol i think and you said its trying to write to a file thats not there,(or something) so what do i need to create to use the save function..

BTW;i mailed you a link with some screenshots , and if they are ok i will do more .
Old 29 November 2014, 19:31   #238
bfrnhout

Genlock. What you can do for me is before you got the crash (Most of the time its reproduceble) Type in CTRL+S You make a quick dump of the memory where all is standing. And i have all the pointer where everythig is pointing. If one of the pointer is going wrong then i can find it faster to solve this problem.

BTW. The other problem can be that you have a wrong saving file. The first one i send out did had a couple of lines extra that is not needed in the game. That is only for me. Its help bug hunting. I removed the lindes and put then behind a marker when i turn on the debug mode. As soon as i compile the game the debug is disabled and is not used in the game.

Sorry for a late releas i just got this afthernoon back from the hospital. I went in because its look like i had kidney failure. I got sick high fever, not going to the toilet. Everything pointed to the kidney. I have a donor one. But luckly it a alergic reaction to mushroom.(Never had that before) So friday evening it was ok but they keep me one day for observation.

Now back to the game. Build 682 is out. Its again just a exe. There in not much new under the sun. But a lot under the skin. If you are intrested read it. Its a long list.
Under Sound and graphics and Misc standing files. I advice every body to downoad them to. And extract them in the game folder you have made. Some text are changed from location, and some graphics are chainged to. This might can cause a acces memory violation.
Old 29 November 2014, 19:36   #239
bfrnhout

Genlock i got the e-mail but not any file you send with it.
Old 03 December 2014, 20:53   #240
bfrnhout

people something is going wrong. I put the wrong graphics files for download. Its corrected now. Please download the latest version of graphics and sound. extract it in the game folder.
And the right build number and grapics are installerd. So there wil be a good check for versions.

This week no update from me. Just back from hospital. Did go Sunday back to the hospital. I have catch a big amonia(And not a alergic reaction). I am at home now but i feel myself not able to start programming. As long as i am recovering i keep it all beside me.

I got warnings that Deuteros.exe give fake virus warnings by AVG. The reason for this is because i requst a piece of memory. And not give the reason why. Its just a chunk of memory and AVG sees it as a trojan act.