English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 06 January 2023, 23:19   #221
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by warci View Post
just tried to save to "the cloud", but the game got stuck trying. Network connection is fine on game startup though. Is there anything else I need to do?
The plan is to play on the real amiga when at home and sneak some time in at work on fs-uae
We have a support forum for these technical issues, developers are there to help, if you mind. I am only a tester, I can forward you some answers, but direct contact would be better.

https://forum.agedcode.com/
Old 27 January 2023, 15:31   #222
stylon

Anyone got any tips for making money early on in this game? Currently I'm just sailing back and forth between Paris and Hamburg doing contracts for around 300V a pop. Between paying for fuel and paying docking fees whilst I 'wait' for some of the needed goods to come into stock it's slow going.

Also I've discovered London but can't go there because it's too deep for my Shrimp to dive down to. I saw a Crab sub for sale that would get there but I'd need to win the lottery to afford it...
Old 27 January 2023, 15:38   #223
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Answers for such questions are on the game forum. If you are not comfortable with it, we are preparing a discord server for it, would anyone be interested?
Old 27 January 2023, 15:46   #224
stylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Answers for such questions are on the game forum. If you are not comfortable with it, we are preparing a discord server for it, would anyone be interested?
I've got no issue using it except that I've been trying for a week to join it without success

I'm waiting for my verification email but it never comes. Tried resending it over and over - checked my spam folder, nothing.
Old 27 January 2023, 16:30   #225
Aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
Anyone got any tips for making money early on in this game? Currently I'm just sailing back and forth between Paris and Hamburg doing contracts for around 300V a pop. Between paying for fuel and paying docking fees whilst I 'wait' for some of the needed goods to come into stock it's slow going.

Also I've discovered London but can't go there because it's too deep for my Shrimp to dive down to. I saw a Crab sub for sale that would get there but I'd need to win the lottery to afford it...
There are couple more cities you can go, talk to traders in bars.
Old 27 January 2023, 16:44   #226
stylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
There are couple more cities you can go, talk to traders in bars.
Thanks I will give that a go, although a lot of people won't even give me their name and refuse all my 'offers' to get them to talk to me
Old 27 January 2023, 17:56   #227
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

If there are some contracts for you, fulfill them. They will raise your reputation. And with higher reputation you will be more succesful in dialogues with NPCs.
Old 15 February 2023, 16:31   #228
Cool_amigaN

Purchased the game and was fascinated to be connected online, chatting and playing with my A1200 after almost 2 decades from dynAMIte's release. I was trying to register on dev's forum but I have never received my account verification mail. I am using same nick, so in case this post gets forwarded to the developer, just re-send it Anywyay, here's my comments so far:

1) I went to the online installer of game, which downloaded and installed all assets in order.

2) About quitting back to WB right after double clicking the main binary, that is due to avail Chip Ram for sure. ~1.7-1.8MB doesn't do the trick and I had to boot /wo startup-sequence and type the following:
assign env: ram:
addnetinterface 3c589
games:aquabyss/aqb

The assign and addnetinterface are due to Roadshow in order to get online.

3) There is a major bug (?) with ver. 0.93.51, upon Paris tutorial, when Albert suggests to visit our uncle's office, the dialog with Agnes does not appear. it's exactly at [ Show youtube player ] where it basically hangs, as I am unable to proceed the story any further, though some buttons on the interface are still clickable. On the other hand, if I choose to skip Paris Intro, I do get introduced to other characters (but I miss Albert's info beforehand and the story unfolding with Agnes, Jerome etc).

Also, I 'd like to ask, if you unpack the "big" lha file (in my example it's the aquabyss_0-93-31 ~10mb) and you click on the game, will try to auto-update itself? Does it include both game's versions (online and sandbox?

edit: also, think it would be much better to one registration form (shop/forum), rather than having to re-run the same procedure :/
Old 15 February 2023, 16:52   #229
stylon

I’ve tried numerous times to register for the forum myself but the verification email never comes…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 February 2023, 19:03   #230
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
I’ve tried numerous times to register for the forum myself but the verification email never comes…
Please send me a PM with your email address.
Old 15 February 2023, 19:06   #231
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_amigaN View Post
Purchased the game and was fascinated to be connected online, chatting and playing with my A1200 after almost 2 decades from dynAMIte's release. I was trying to register on dev's forum but I have never received my account verification mail. I am using same nick, so in case this post gets forwarded to the developer, just re-send it Anywyay, here's my comments so far:

1) I went to the online installer of game, which downloaded and installed all assets in order.

2) About quitting back to WB right after double clicking the main binary, that is due to avail Chip Ram for sure. ~1.7-1.8MB doesn't do the trick and I had to boot /wo startup-sequence and type the following:
assign env: ram:
addnetinterface 3c589
games:aquabyss/aqb

The assign and addnetinterface are due to Roadshow in order to get online.

3) There is a major bug (?) with ver. 0.93.51, upon Paris tutorial, when Albert suggests to visit our uncle's office, the dialog with Agnes does not appear. it's exactly at [ Show youtube player ] where it basically hangs, as I am unable to proceed the story any further, though some buttons on the interface are still clickable. On the other hand, if I choose to skip Paris Intro, I do get introduced to other characters (but I miss Albert's info beforehand and the story unfolding with Agnes, Jerome etc).

Also, I 'd like to ask, if you unpack the "big" lha file (in my example it's the aquabyss_0-93-31 ~10mb) and you click on the game, will try to auto-update itself? Does it include both game's versions (online and sandbox?

edit: also, think it would be much better to one registration form (shop/forum), rather than having to re-run the same procedure :/
The game checks for updates after the launch (if you have Connection set to ON in Options) and bugs are being fixed. Current version is 0.93.57. It always includes both Story mode (which is a tutorial) and Free mode. Actual download is something about 15MB.

Last edited by Predseda; 21 February 2023 at 19:24.
Old 04 October 2023, 19:51   #232
AgedCode
Game Developer

Aged Code studio is pleased to announce a major update to AQUABYSS, which brings a brand new gameplay mode to the game - fighting pirates! Since the game's release, nearly a year ago, our product has been receiving continuous support not only in the form of patches but also new elements. The huge open world of the game gives players more and more opportunities, and soon it will go to an even higher level with the next addition, but about that in the next press release

We invite you to watch the gameplay footage. The video shows the whole process from taking the contract for the "Pirate Hunt", sailing to the location of the indicated event and the battle itself (only the stage of returning to the city to collect the prize was omitted):

[ Show youtube player ]

You will find detailed information on the combat system used on our official forum at this link.
An up-to-date list of records and other interesting statistics can always be found on aquabyss.com
Old 04 October 2023, 23:45   #233
klx300r

This is great news and thanks for the update I’ve been grinding with my Medusa and finally got a much needed engine upgrade.

see ya in the AquaByss Captainsi
Old 05 October 2023, 14:13   #234
AgedCode
Game Developer

You are welcome, Captain
This feature already has its fans. I hope it will also appeal to you. But this mode does not end here. More information will be revealed soon

Congrats on the new engine. Medusa with the stock motor is painfully slow

Last edited by AgedCode; 05 October 2023 at 14:36.
Old 05 October 2023, 17:49   #235
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Nice stuff, AgedCode!
Old 05 October 2023, 23:57   #236
AgedCode
Game Developer

Thank you, Tiger
Old 08 October 2023, 19:41   #237
AgedCode
Game Developer

Greetings from the biggest modern Amiga event in Mönchengladbach from AQUABYSS players at the Aged Code stand to all EAB readers:

Old 08 October 2023, 20:36   #238
klx300r

Thumbs up

cheers to all celebrating Amiga and AquaByss in Mönchengladbach
Old 09 October 2023, 01:31   #239
Pyromania

Nice news, thanx for the update!
Old 09 October 2023, 07:23   #240
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I think I can spot Predseda on that photo