English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 02 January 2011, 21:50   #2281
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
The multiplayer is also fun i think but blighted on xboxlive by the usual screaming abusive squeaky voiced crowd.
You ain't heard nothing until you try playing a game over PSN

I must be lucky as i never run into any little brats on XBL... I just run into the trash-talking big (adult) brats . There have been a couple of times where i thought i was being bad mouthed at by little kids... But on both occasions it turned out to be gobby female yanks that just sound like whining little boys over the headset

Anyway i'm playing BFBC2: Vietnam at the moment... I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Old 02 January 2011, 21:51   #2282
Dreedo

In an ideal world, OTTD on my PSP, but that doesn't want to boot at the moment, so i'm just downloading some videos onto my PS3 to shove onto my PSP/360 later.
Old 02 January 2011, 22:31   #2283
viddi

Enemy: Tempest Of Violence
Old 02 January 2011, 22:45   #2284
rsn8887

Maniac Mansion Amiga version on ScummVM... just exploded the hamster...
Old 06 January 2011, 18:05   #2285
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Pariah on the original XBOX - Excellent game if you can over look a few faults... some of the AI is a bit poor and maybe one or two levels aren't quite so great, also the vehicles in the game could have been so much better - maybe they are better used in multi player, the weapons are good though and there is some great artwork in this game - it is a real blast - good story, great fun.

Also...

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb - this was a bit buggy and crashed a few times here and there but was over all actually really good fun - definitely worth playing - It's like a Tomb Raider clone really I suppose - the game looks very good with some great graphics and locations - the levels are well designed and there are some tricky leaps and ledge grabbing to be done! Good fighting and some underwater action make this a game worth playing - the final couple of levels took me ages to get the jumps just right!!

...lastly,

Splinter Call - the first game - very good game but some wickedly tough parts (for me anyway) which made me resort to hurling Grenades rather than sneaking past on occasion...

Give the XBOX a rest for a bit I think...

Last edited by Peter; 07 January 2011 at 19:30.
Old 06 January 2011, 18:45   #2286
filmjölkszombin
Banned

i am playing sum softwar arts games only the best is good enaff for me
Old 07 January 2011, 14:44   #2287
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I'm currently playing Zelda: Link's Awakening DX on my original DMG-01 Game Boy

I'm now starting to realise i will never complete every game i own before i die. I must stop buying more crap and focus on playing the games i already have
Old 07 January 2011, 14:46   #2288
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Im currently playing StarTrek Online, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolescent View Post
One of my favorites on C64. Never played the Atari or Apple versions.
Makes me laugh, how they used to come up with some of these game names, "Wavy Navy".

Last edited by FOL; 07 January 2011 at 14:51.
Old 07 January 2011, 19:10   #2289
Monsterland

Powermonger mostly for some hours for the last days.
Old 08 January 2011, 15:50   #2290
Oldtimer

Legacy of Kain : Blood Omen the 1997 version - I've never managed to finish this game :P

Old 09 January 2011, 01:28   #2291
Parsec

GTA: San Andreas on xbox 1. Good but difficult at times mainly the controls
Old 09 January 2011, 13:11   #2292
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

yeah GTA:SA is quite a lot harder on consoles than it is on the PC. Having mouse controls makes the gang shootout and vehicle shootout scenes dead easy, while on a console they can be quite frustrating. Especially the mission where you sit on the back of big smoke's bike and you have to shoot waves of Russians made me break a button on my PS2 controller, while on the PC version you just breeze through it.

Still, the races are easier in my opinion. It just feels more natural to control a vehicle with a controller than it does with keyboard + mouse (yeah, I know I could connect a controller to the pc but I'm not doing that for the one or two games every decade that I actually play and that would benefit from it).
Old 09 January 2011, 13:32   #2293
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
yeah GTA:SA is quite a lot harder on consoles than it is on the PC. Having mouse controls makes the gang shootout and vehicle shootout scenes dead easy, while on a console they can be quite frustrating. Especially the mission where you sit on the back of big smoke's bike and you have to shoot waves of Russians made me break a button on my PS2 controller, while on the PC version you just breeze through it.

Still, the races are easier in my opinion. It just feels more natural to control a vehicle with a controller than it does with keyboard + mouse (yeah, I know I could connect a controller to the pc but I'm not doing that for the one or two games every decade that I actually play and that would benefit from it).
I played SA with a mouse and Control Pad. Unorthadox I know but it worked a treat.

Left hand on the D-Pad and trigger buttons plus mouse and 5 buttons :-)

Oh but I used to swap back to the full joypad for driving only. Great thing about the PC version is the way you can map seperate controls for in and out of car

And and playing it back in the day at 1280x1024 on my 19in Monitor was awesome

Steve.
Old 09 January 2011, 19:33   #2294
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
GTA: San Andreas on xbox 1. Good but difficult at times mainly the controls
GTA: SA is my favourite of all the GTA games... they really need to release another GTA game that isn't based in Liberty city.
Old 10 January 2011, 14:16   #2295
s2325
Zone Friend

ZX Spectrum Swiv, SilkWorm, Xevious emulated with x128 emulator on 166MHz laptop with gameport PC ProPad.
Old 10 January 2011, 14:26   #2296
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I got an R-Type style shooter with my CD32, its very addictive:

Disposable Hero:

http://hol.abime.net/366

Never heard of this one before
Old 10 January 2011, 17:59   #2297
Parsec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
GTA: SA is my favourite of all the GTA games... they really need to release another GTA game that isn't based in Liberty city.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm playing it the wrong way round - after completing GTA IV and the Liberty City add ons on the 360. The graphics and some of the animation is dated but the game world and characters are great and the missions are spot on aren't they - like mini games all of their own! GTA IV missions can be dull especially the early ones.

A remake of San Andreas would be awesome.

Apparently the difficulty on SA evens out a bit - hope so as I was surprised how tough some of the earlier missions are - that lowrider contest and robbing the army base for weapons. Done them now though
Old 10 January 2011, 18:19   #2298
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I've seen a few Vids and such for GTA5 Tokyo Streets, but I don't think its official yet is it?
Old 10 January 2011, 20:39   #2299
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Apparently the difficulty on SA evens out a bit - hope so as I was surprised how tough some of the earlier missions are - that lowrider contest and robbing the army base for weapons. Done them now though
It stays fairly static throughout the game, there is no real increase or decline in the difficulty level. In Las Venturas there are some missions that can be a little difficult if you haven't had the practice. I won't spoil anything, best to experience them as they come and go

Most of the time you have to think out of the box. For example, do you do a mission carefully trying to avoid the cops (boring), or do you do a mission with a 5 star wanted rating... in a tank? Don't ignore the fun in having the army gunning for you while you wreak havoc in your little tank on what is otherwise a boring "drive there and kill someone" mission!
Old 10 January 2011, 22:45   #2300
Parsec

I checked for GTA 5 vids and most are piss takes! This one looks possibly real though - screenshots only [ Show youtube player ]

@gimbal - cool - can't wait to get to fake Vegas and fake 'frisco

On the subject of GTA the high point for me so far has been TBOGT, that was absolutely outstanding, if only the main game had been as good. TLATD was a bit flat though.