English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 27 July 2006, 01:48   #201
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

thanks marco,

now the question is... (if internal anyone got data on it)

i could get it to pre-view the image files and scan for pallet data as some file do hold it and re-map the image before saving to raw or bitmap (with the desired pallet of course..... hmmm

marco, you do a lot of design work, would it be better for the images to be iin an easy format for the PC to manipuate or native amiga IFF or something?
Old 27 July 2006, 08:07   #202
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
thanks marco,

i could get it to pre-view the image files and scan for pallet data as some file do hold it and re-map the image before saving to raw or bitmap (with the desired pallet of course..... hmmm

marco, you do a lot of design work, would it be better for the images to be iin an easy format for the PC to manipuate or native amiga IFF or something?
like for pc not all files are palette (but palette is in the cps file)

if unpacked size is $9c80, palette is in the file at offset $9c40

if there are no palette game use of course previous loaded palette
Old 27 July 2006, 08:10   #203
CFou!

Hi guys,

I am proud to present you full Eye of the beholder 1 intro in aga (using vga files)

can you test it please?

if all is ok, i will try soon to use double buffering screens and to optimize scrolling code

i join also ECS intro if you want compare

Bertrand/Cfou

Last edited by CFou!; 16 October 2006 at 01:58.
Old 27 July 2006, 10:26   #204
Marcuz

Quote:
thanks marco,

Zetr0, i think IFF is perfect for working both on amiga and on pc with indexed colours, as other formats either undergo compression, dithering or are not suitable for work on Amiga,
while IFF can be worked with Photoshop, Pro Motion, Project Dogwaffle (for who uses it) and viewed with Irfanview and others.
Old 27 July 2006, 10:34   #205
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

It works very well
Well done.
Old 27 July 2006, 11:42   #206
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
Zetr0, i think IFF is perfect for working both on amiga and on pc with indexed colours, as other formats either undergo compression, dithering or are not suitable for work on Amiga,
while IFF can be worked with Photoshop, Pro Motion, Project Dogwaffle (for who uses it) and viewed with Irfanview and others.
irfan works well for that and it's free
Old 27 July 2006, 13:08   #207
Marcuz

intro: good job! there is still the purple background in the first 3 screens, the logo ones, but the rest is perfect and it works without glitches differently from the original version when installed on hd.
i still prefer the 16 colours version, but that's my taste and proof of the skill of the original designer.
Old 27 July 2006, 13:31   #208
CFou!

Quote:
intro: good job! there is still the purple background in the first 3 screens, the logo ones, but the rest is perfect and it works without glitches differently from the original version when installed on hd.
i still prefer the 16 colours version, but that's my taste and proof of the skill of the original designer.
are you sure purple background is a bug ?

it seems to be original palette color (westwood.col)

Last edited by CFou!; 27 July 2006 at 14:18.
Old 27 July 2006, 13:38   #209
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@marco

In truth the lest compressed is .raw format and next up is bitmap, IFF can use and often does use compression.

i am finnishin off planner to chunky routine, then i will give it an option to output as IFF or Bitmap, also show the image / picture as it scans other files for pallets.. then the user can save off the image with a pallet of thier choice.

eventualy it will do all this in reverse to LOL
Old 27 July 2006, 14:21   #210
CFou!

Quote:
@marco

In truth the lest compressed is .raw format and next up is bitmap, IFF can use and often does use compression.

i am finnishin off planner to chunky routine, then i will give it an option to output as IFF or Bitmap, also show the image / picture as it scans other files for pallets.. then the user can save off the image with a pallet of thier choice.

eventualy it will do all this in reverse to LOL
yes, iff can use compression but without to lost datas (with GIF/JPG there are lost datas because screen is simplified
Old 27 July 2006, 16:06   #211
CFou!

Quote:
i have verify on PC first 3 screen are purple/blue backgroud

but team equipment anim uses not blue backgroud on PC but grey
Old 28 July 2006, 01:01   #212
Marcuz

Zetr0: yep but as Bertrand says, IFF images are not algorythm-semplified as with gif for instance: when you resave gifs or pngs (the indexed formats on pc) or even jpegs, you either have no control on the quality/compression of the save or you have to state the level you want, but in this case, it is reapplied each time you save an image, for istance, you save at 80% quality/size an image over itself twice, the result is next to the 80% of the 80% of the original (not exact as the size will not ever drop to 0).
instead IFF are saved as they are.
this just scratches the surface, i'm imprecise as my knowledge on the matter is only empyrical, so please correct me if it's the case.
bitmap images have other sort of problems in this case as they have no indexed palette, while raw, even if are looseless, add to the lack of palette their unpracticality in the work, if your goal is to produce EoB kind of image, format-wise.
however IFF and Bitmap are good choices to me. i've tested a good workflow for handle IFFs on PC for to produce amiga usable images. actually i think i find IFF format really good for pc oriented works too.
Old 28 July 2006, 01:03   #213
Marcuz

CFOU!: i'm not sure if the purple background is in the original version, if you have found it in the palette, it should be so. i just tought that it was distracting, like a bad colouring. one should be pointed to the logo, not to the background. what do you think?
Old 28 July 2006, 09:11   #214
CFou!

Quote:
CFOU!: i'm not sure if the purple background is in the original version, if you have found it in the palette, it should be so. i just tought that it was distracting, like a bad colouring. one should be pointed to the logo, not to the background. what do you think?
can you send to me a screenshot (color backgroud her are not really purple but blue/grey)
Old 28 July 2006, 12:00   #215
Marcuz

in the zone
Old 28 July 2006, 12:03   #216
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

I don t have that on my system.
Only music is played too fast
Old 28 July 2006, 12:37   #217
Marcuz

curious: music is fine here. maybe a whdload release that would handle it from inside a strict 3.0 emulated enviroement would work?
Old 28 July 2006, 19:00   #218
CFou!

Quote:
in the zone
ok your problem is 'extrem' top & bottom border colors, i will try to fix it

i am working on double buffering (many progress on it)

several modifications are needed but i hope i will can work on this tomorrow (now time tosday )
Old 28 July 2006, 19:02   #219
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Landais
I don t have that on my system.
Only music is played too fast

it is not aga version problem (i think)

it's perhaps cache problem,

can you try with?

"cpu nocache"
Old 28 July 2006, 19:06   #220
Marcuz

allora...
i've finished the aga version of the outro (thanks the weather that today was bearable).
i post it in the zone in few minutes.
it was not simple task practically as it turns to be mostly an add of tones between the ones that already are there and since the images council 1 and 2 contains the sprites of the animation, and the backgrounds of the animated parts are often repeated and have to be coherent, i cannot change too much. at last i applyed also a little blur, and in the end, the result when animated may show some little inconsistances in that fixed parts. i have no way of knowing until i see it move.
but if so, i can step back to a save without the blur.
2nd problem, is that i cannot convert the pc palette in the .col one, and that i'm not sure if it is an amiga or a custom format. so that i leave to you to extract.
let me know!