English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 December 2007, 16:28   #201
gmostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Is there any source or way to flash a MacMini to the persific Firmware?

Or Dump a FirmWare
Must be a specific original mac mini g4, with that specific firmware, and you cannot flash your mac with a new firmware because theres is none (the only one I found was for intel mac minis)

http://support.apple.com/specs/macmi...mini_orig.html

But I'm assuming a defensive stance now, until I see some hard evidence I'm not giving it anymore thought.
Old 18 December 2007, 16:33   #202
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorollin View Post
then you will get your wish - no future for Amiga.
I'm brave enough to ask again: Which future?

You guys followed an anonymus Amiga Batman like Lemmings. Don't blame me if you get nothing useful here, expcept the realization he fooled you all.
Old 18 December 2007, 16:42   #203
Toe-Toe

I don't know:
I'd really like to try OS4, even if it's not that useful. Reading this thread it does seem I'm not the only one.

But I also sence a lot of cynicism coming from a fair few people. I begin to wonder if this is justified.

Sorry to paint an unpleasent picture but I feel like I'm being manipulated for the amusement of other parties!

Old 18 December 2007, 16:46   #204
kriz

Using Amiga OS4 or MorphOs is really fun, fun computing. Seems like alot of people want to use it, sadly no new hardware for sale

And this "hoax" really doesnt do anyone any good.
Old 18 December 2007, 16:50   #205
amigarlz

Too many blah blah and poor results, if this is a hoax or whatever lets demostrate it or the same if it runs, but this easy speaking its no good.

retro-nerd this post is very weird, really, but... if you have some hardware with far posibilities of run a piece of software that you like, dont you try it?

amigamac: if you want to make a gift give the gift but dont play.

Last edited by amigarlz; 18 December 2007 at 17:10.
Old 18 December 2007, 17:00   #206
amigarlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmostar View Post
Must be a specific original mac mini g4, with that specific firmware, and you cannot flash your mac with a new firmware because theres is none (the only one I found was for intel mac minis)

http://support.apple.com/specs/macmi...mini_orig.html

But I'm assuming a defensive stance now, until I see some hard evidence I'm not giving it anymore thought.
Yes, ppc macminis cant update the boot fw, this make no reason for this "iso"... a "iso" that only runs in a bunch of hardware of a kind of mac computer?
Old 18 December 2007, 17:08   #207
motorollin

@retro nerd
Who's blaming anybody? And nobody is following anybody or being made fools of for trying this out. You'd be more of a fool not to and risk missing out if it does work. It's worth a few minutes of my time.

I really don't see what your problem is. If you don't want to test this out, nobody is forcing you. So grow up and let people experiment if they want to.
Old 18 December 2007, 17:11   #208
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokey View Post
There's a lot of dicks posting anti-OS4 sentiments. I can only assume it's jealousy. Why else would they be so vocal about it? If they really didn't care they'd kill the thread with silence.
ASS-ume more.
Jealous of what??
Anti OS4?

Being Anti Mac or Linux or Microsoft or Intel is something. These are viable platforms and companies.
BUT OS 4???

Is something wrong with you??

Are you joking?? Jealous of WHAT??
Old 18 December 2007, 17:26   #209
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorollin View Post
@retro nerd
Who's blaming anybody? And nobody is following anybody or being made fools of for trying this out. You'd be more of a fool not to and risk missing out if it does work. It's worth a few minutes of my time.

I really don't see what your problem is. If you don't want to test this out, nobody is forcing you. So grow up and let people experiment if they want to.
I have better things to do. There are wonderful projects on EAB, from "real" Amiga fans to "real" Amiga fans. I'm fairly suprised that you ppc folks are still trolling around.

Shouldn't wonder if this AmigaMac guy posted his wonderweapon on other sites. So..why you guys still HERE?
Old 18 December 2007, 17:30   #210
amigarlz

You not decide who is a "real" amiga fan or who not, i come here by myself because i visit this forums some years ago but unregistered, so stop this "elite" post please.
Old 18 December 2007, 17:36   #211
Retro1234
Phone Homer

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86117

http://www.download.com/G3-Firmware-...html?tag=lst-5

Just as Examples of Flashing PPCs Sorry I dont realy know much about Macs or if these are even valid -there seems to be a few out there but no real Source
Old 18 December 2007, 17:57   #212
gmostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I have better things to do. There are wonderful projects on EAB, from "real" Amiga fans to "real" Amiga fans. I'm fairly suprised that you ppc folks are still trolling around.

Shouldn't wonder if this AmigaMac guy posted his wonderweapon on other sites. So..why you guys still HERE?
The only one still trolling around is you , even after being advised by the moderators not to do so

Why are you still here? If it doesn't interest you, leave: "You have better things to do".

@Boo Boo, Those firmwares unfortunately don't apply to g4 mac minis.
Old 18 December 2007, 18:00   #213
gmostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck View Post
ASS-ume more.
Jealous of what??
Anti OS4?

Being Anti Mac or Linux or Microsoft or Intel is something. These are viable platforms and companies.
BUT OS 4???

Is something wrong with you??

Are you joking?? Jealous of WHAT??
Envious of 7,760 views of the post, probably...
Old 18 December 2007, 18:07   #214
motorollin

Quote:
I have better things to do.
Good for you. Tell me, why aren't you doing those things instead of reading this thread and posting in it if you find this thread to dull?

Quote:
I'm fairly suprised that you ppc folks are still trolling around.
Who's a PPC folk? I don't own a PPC.

Quote:
So..why you guys still HERE?
I'm waiting to see how this pans out in case it really does work. More to the point, with all these better things you have to do, why are *you* still here?
Old 18 December 2007, 18:10   #215
Varthall

I think the same, GMostar. Personally, I don't go telling to other people on forums what they should like or use. What's most important is having fun and doing what you like most!

Old 18 December 2007, 18:12   #216
kriz

Stop the flamefest please.. If no new info from AmigaMac, this can be closed IMHO.
Old 18 December 2007, 18:25   #217
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Hmm I am a passionate Amiga user....

But perhaps, not a REAL Amiga user. In that I am not a purist , back in '87 I added extra RAM and an external floppy to my KS1.3 A500! Sacrilege! How dare I leave behind 256k KS1 A1000 users!!
Then in '89 I got a harddrive... Damn that really cut the ties with "traditional" floppy Amiga Users!

Now, I still have my A500, A1200D and A1200T BPPC. I have an interest in classic Amiga games AND the underdeveloped/utilised PPC Amiga.

I am surprised that some people on EAB feel the need to berate new and old members for having an interest that they dont share.

We are a small hobby based community, we should enjoy that and not be so defensive and territorial. I personally think the MINIMAC ISO to be a hoax. However despite that this thread has attracted new blood to EAB. If that new blood wants to discuss OS4/PPC/MAC let them! If you dont like it, ignore the threads! As has been said there are plenty projects on EAB away from PPC stuff.
Old 18 December 2007, 18:45   #218
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
I think we can close this thread ....it will just make our pulse go higher for nothing

This guy doesn't even reply to PM's
Old 18 December 2007, 18:55   #219
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGAZ View Post
I think we can close this thread ....it will just make our pulse go higher for nothing

This guy doesn't even reply to PM's
Yup I agree. If it transpires not to be a hoax, this thread isnt going to add any quality to it!
Old 18 December 2007, 19:02   #220
AmigaMac

Have a little patence, I'm working on a video for you guys!