English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 21 October 2017, 22:07   #2061
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
I think that general interest will rise when TF534S arrives and when 68040 arrives intrest will blow.

I konw about 5 people who wait TF534S. Major reason is that it is much more compatiable with other hardware than TF530.

TF534S should work with CDTV, at least majority or accelerators wich don't use Zorro II address space works with CDTV. Same with most of Zorro II cards.
i am the person who offers TF530 on Amibay. Indeed, there is a lot of interst in TF534 boards, poeople are asking about release, some of them decide to wait, some not..
Many people are thinking that it's the 2Mb onBoard fastram of TF530 that don't allow to run all WHDLoad games. In fact, many games are using ChipRAM for that purpose, so you can have 128Mb of FastRAM but still unable to play games, as You have only 512kb of chipRAM on a stock A500 Amiga.. So you will starring on "Can't allocate ChipMEM" message after all..
Old 21 October 2017, 22:46   #2062
utri007
mä vaan

I'm interested to running OS3.9, Network, generally tinkering with software.

I have two 68060 equipped Amigas and one with PPC cpu. As my personal opinion fun starts with 68040 cpu.

I have some 10? A500 Computers, some scsi controllers for them etc. But only Amiga wich I still want to have accelerator is CDTV.
Old 21 October 2017, 23:20   #2063
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
I think that general interest will rise when TF534S arrives and when 68040 arrives intrest will blow.

I konw about 5 people who wait TF534S. Major reason is that it is much more compatiable with other hardware than TF530.

TF534S should work with CDTV, at least majority or accelerators wich don't use Zorro II address space works with CDTV. Same with most of Zorro II cards.
Yeah. I need to find time. Unfortunately we have a family member diagnosed with a serious cancer and awaiting a major operation. This is slowing down my progress.

Then I have many work deadlines and some flying projects.
Old 21 October 2017, 23:32   #2064
kgc210

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
Unfortunately we have a family member diagnosed with a serious cancer and awaiting a major operation.
Sorry to hear that plasmab
Old 21 October 2017, 23:48   #2065
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Yeah. I need to find time. Unfortunately we have a family member diagnosed with a serious cancer and awaiting a major operation. This is slowing down my progress.

oh, no... that's really sad.. i kow what does it mean, my mother passed away at 21 july 2017, she loosed she's fight against cancer..
Can't find right words and don't know what should i say, Steve.. Stay strong, mate!
Old 22 October 2017, 00:10   #2066
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:

Sorry to hear. Please notice that nobody is hurrying you. I might sounds like that, that is not a purpose.
Old 22 October 2017, 00:11   #2067
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
oh, no... that's really sad.. i kow what does it mean, my mother passed away at 21 july 2017, she loosed she's fight against cancer..

Can't find right words and don't know what should i say, Steve.. Stay strong, mate!

I’m Sorry for your loss. Nothing so terrible here. Was caught very early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 October 2017, 20:57   #2068
Rango

My purpose would be to build one and see if it works as fun project and challenge myself doing it. However terriblefire himself has stated that the main objective is to make this affordable accelerator card hence use of cheap memory etc.

My definition of affordable is <$150. I also think goal should be 50Mhz as target. So when i hear 2000$ microscope and $300 chip programmer it essentially kills this project as costs would way north of other solutions out there like upcoming Vampire v4 stand alone solution or even using Raspberry P3 as emulator.

So as alternative we got Raspberry as programmer and magnifying glass as alternative i think. But i think parts listed should be tested and correct as spending hours to find out it's not correct is against making this project in first place. If someone with know how can update github with corrected listed parts it would be greatly appreciated. No point in starting this project if parts list are incorrect. It won't work.

Also from what i've read on github v3 board has not yet been tested. So i don't know what the differences between those two boards are?
I'm sure it has to do with components, perhaps Mhz speed as well? May I also suggest heatsink on top of main chip to keep the card running cooler. Maybe some crashes are due to chip overheating. Heatsink would solve that issue.

Last edited by Rango; 22 October 2017 at 21:49.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:20   #2069
plasmab
Banned

Terrible Fire Accelerators

I have been using a $50 microscope and a $20 chip programmer to develop this. Even now my new scope is $300 which has been my reward... not sure where you get your numbers from.

Rev 3 is tested. Watch my videos
Old 22 October 2017, 23:24   #2070
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
My definition of affordable is <$150. I also think goal should be 50Mhz as target. So when i hear 2000$ microscope and $300 chip programmer it essentially kills this project as costs would way north of other solutions out there like upcoming Vampire v4 stand alone solution or even using Raspberry P3 as emulator.

IF you need a $2000 microscope to solder the TF board.. it is not the scope.. it is you..

I solder the CLPDs on a BlizzardPPC with my crappy LAGGY USB scope I got from ebay for $60 or so.. they have a much finer pitch than the TF stuff..

so.. you should maybe to that calculation again.

and vampire? well why not keep a compatible solution instead? ;-) (no. lets not infect this thread by vampire-fanboys )
Old 22 October 2017, 23:29   #2071
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
My purpose would be to build one and see if it works as fun project and challenge myself doing it. However terriblefire himself has stated that the main objective is to make this affordable accelerator card hence use of cheap memory etc.

So as alternative we got Raspberry as programmer and magnifying glass as alternative i think. But i think parts listed should be tested and correct as spending hours to find out it's not correct is against making this project in first place. If someone with know how can update github with corrected listed parts it would be greatly appreciated. No point in starting this project if parts list are incorrect. It won't work.

Also from what i've read on github v3 board has not yet been tested. So i don't know what the differences between those two boards are?
I'm sure it has to do with components, perhaps Mhz speed as well? May I also suggest heatsink on top of main chip to keep the card running cooler. Maybe some crashes are due to chip overheating. Heatsink would solve that issue.
Nobody is forcing you to do this. Click X.. go play chess or something.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:33   #2072
Rango

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
that was my warning, as this BOM wasn't updated

depends on You, my eyes are not so good anymore. for example: i wasn't able to see fault on a resistor network (one of them was not soldered properly) have bought used Carl Zeiss stereo microscope locally for 800€. new one is more than 2 000€

You can use RaspberryPi for programming, or any Xilinx programmer (LPT or USB)

i can not provide guaranteed answer on this question. I can talk from my experience only:
all my TF cards i've built (9x atm) are running on 50Mhz, these are mostly stable. Other persons here reporting lower speeds. I can't let my cards work on latest firmware (cards are booting, but have issues to run any WHDLoad game, giving "illegal instruction")
Chucky, 8 bit said 2000 Euro scope not me. Let's not make this thread about me but about components list correction or helping me.

Last edited by Rango; 22 October 2017 at 23:46.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:37   #2073
Rango

Quote:
Nobody is forcing you to do this. Click X.. go play chess or something.
All i asked for correct list of components. Who's saying i need to do this. I'm putting things in perspective from cost side hence 8 bit mentioned 2000 euro scope, and asking for components list as they are incorrect apparently.

Last edited by Rango; 22 October 2017 at 23:44.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:42   #2074
Chucky

Quote:
Chucky, I don't need no damn scope to solder. 8 bit said 2000 Euro scope. Learn how to read and don't put words in my mouth.
if you need to have that tone: learn how to quote text as in your text I qouted from. 8 bit is not even mentioned atall...
Old 22 October 2017, 23:43   #2075
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
All i asked for correct list of components. Who's saying i need to do this. I'm putting things in perspective and asking for components list as they are incorrect apparently.
Not as far as I know. Some people have different results with different resistor values. I have used the values on github with equipment costing less than $100 to put together 6 TF530, 2 of which were rev 3s.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:50   #2076
Rango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
if you need to have that tone: learn how to quote text as in your text I qouted from. 8 bit is not even mentioned atall...
You learn how to read english! You quoted me! and YOU followed up with insult that i need 2000 euro scope to solder even tho 8 bit made this comment so yeaaahhh.

Just cause i have few posts don't mean you can start quoting other people, putting words in my month and insulting me when all i asked for is help and components list. Don't care if you have 2000 posts here. Your ethics are terrible.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:54   #2077
Chucky

Gheez someone had a bad night of sleep.. and maybe need to learn how to be on a forum.

calm down..

Still reading your text. not a word about 8bit atall.. it sure is a postabout it on a different page....

anyway.. if you read my text (remember English is not my native language) I wrote:
"IF you need a $2000 microscope to solder the TF board.. it is not the scope.. it is you.."

remember that "you" doesn't need to mean YOU personally but the person saying that you need a $2000 (or euro) microscope to solder..

so.. take a cup of coffee and calm down.. it is not needed for this (imho) quite simple solder..

and btw.. 200 posts not 2000
Old 23 October 2017, 00:00   #2078
plasmab
Banned

Terrible Fire Accelerators

Indeed.

@Rango the way you are conducting yourself does not lend itself to someone i'd care to help out. Perhaps you dont see it. As chucky says please calm down.

This is a community of builders and experimenters. If you are looking for guarantees then you aren't going to get them here. Its a set of plans and some stories from those who have completed the journey already. You may be less frustrated/disappointed if you buy something off the shelf.

If you are respectful and up for the challenge and putting some time into building the project then you will find many people here will help you out. Or you could buy a TF530 from 8 Bit Dreams. Or buy a vampire. Nobody will think less of you either way. Do what is right for you.

Last edited by plasmab; 23 October 2017 at 00:10.
Old 23 October 2017, 00:13   #2079
Rango

Quote:
Indeed.

@Rango the way you are conducting yourself does not lend itself to someone i'd care to help out. Perhaps you dont see it. As chucky says please calm down.

This is a community of builders and experimenters. If you are looking for guarantees then you aren't going to get them here. Its a set of plans and some stories from those who have completed the journey already. You may be less frustrated/disappointed if you buy something off the shelf.

If you are respectful and up for the challenge and putting some time into building the project then you will find many people here will help you out. Or you could buy a TF530 from 8 Bit Dreams. Or buy a vampire. Nobody will think less of you either way. Do what is right for you.
Great way to greet new forum member with Insults. All i asked for is for list of components. I said that 10 times now. Rest is your interpretation of what other people are interpreting themselves. It has nothing to do with the way i conduct myself. Say that to Chucky, not me. I have not posted enough context to even imply that let along to conclude that.

So to clarify i was asking for correct list of components, not microscope brand name or if need one or not. Dont assume or imply if you don't know and don't put words in my mouth either.
Old 23 October 2017, 00:20   #2080
plasmab
Banned

The BOM is on the GitHub page that you have quoted. You will get no further help from me with that attitude.

And in case you were in any doubt. I am TerribleFire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by prowler; 23 October 2017 at 00:48. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use the Edit button.