English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 April 2016, 20:11   #181
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi TenLeftFingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
I still can't get this working after adding HiP to the PATH. My machine just gurus. What are the system requirements?
Sorry to read that you are receiving a visit from the Guru but I cannot help you with a bit more details
  • Can you run HippoPlayer (for example, by double-clicking on its icon)?
  • If so, run HippoPlayer and run AmiModRadio, do you still receive a Guru?
  • If so, could you provide me (possibly via PM) with more information about your config. and the Guru?
Thanks in advance!
Old 05 April 2016, 22:23   #182
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi Tygre, are you back from Japan?

I'm preparing an update for AKReal and I want to add your wonderful AMR if you allow me . But I can't use the latest version with those incomplete backgrounds of the window, so I am adding the previous one that works perfect, using (adding) the MUI prefs to fill the window as you've seen.

Well, or if you can't get working -by now- the options you want to try to obtain coding, maybe you could make a new version like the former but adding changes like the option to change the prefs without having to quit and restart AMR, that would be perfect for me .

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 April 2016 at 01:42.
Old 06 April 2016, 10:51   #183
TenLeftFingers

Thanks tygre. Here's a paste of SnoopDos from before I press Play and get the guru: http://pasted.co/1cb1714b/fullscreen...&linenum=false

I ran HippoPlayer first but the same thing happened as soon as I pressed "play".

The rest of my system info is in my sig. I don't mind posting here but if you'd prefer keep this thread seperate I'm happy to PM.
Old 09 April 2016, 16:59   #184
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Tygre there must be something wrong with AmiModRadio, as even when it's closed it doesn't let to rename or delete the images it has used.

Now for example I've made a script that selects a random Skin for AmiModRadio (also depending on the number of colors you use), but it doesn't work because it doesn't let me to rename or delete the skin it has formerly used.

So it only works selecting a random skin after each reboot.

Edit: But I see that even having as background a renamed MUIBackground.iff that now uses another image, MUI4 shows as background when you select it the same it was using at first. Yes, it's very rare, you open the image in the drawer and it has another image, but MUI4 selecting that image shows the one that was there at first, not now.

Edit2: I've been told it can be made (random background), but it's too difficult for me.

Quote:
MUI uses datatypes.library to load the images. It is datatypes.library which keeps a lock on the files as long as the images are in use. Furthermore MUI caches the images. So it is very probable that the lock on the image file will persist even after AmiModRadio has terminated. Just flush muimaster.library from memory (i.e. by using FlushMUI) to remove and unlock all currently unused but cached images.

And I never said you should rename your images externally and keep on using a fixed background spec. Why offload the random background selection when it can be done much better internally?

I suggested to pick a random file name and generate the background spec dynamically. For example:

Code:
char backspec[128];
  snprintf(backspec, sizeof(backspec), "5:path/to/your/images/image%ld.png", rand() % 10);
  set(object, MUIA_Background, backspec);
Provided you have 10 images named image0.png to image9.png this will dynamically set one of these as background image in a random fashion.
If you still need different font outline colors as you said before you need to keep an additional mapping between background image and font outline color to let them match as you require it.
Edit3: Ups. I forgot to comment that I've made for my next AKReal 860 update a new option with MorpheuZ, so you can select among some different (6) AmiModRadio MUI4 setups. This is a screenshot using RTG -on AKReal you just need to use "Better Config" in Tools and click twice to switch to RTG-:

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/65a5...93ab1a52ed.png

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 April 2016 at 23:42.
Old 10 April 2016, 23:08   #185
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to tell that the random option works. It's only necessary to use FlushMUI at the beginning.

The only problem is that it's complicated to use an Outlined font for the text in the middle. I can change it to be black or white, so I'm using white.

Quote:
Q: Where can I change that black font and select another?

A: Use MUIA_Font to set a struct TextFont * from a font opened before. Keep in mind that it is your responsibility to close the font upon application termination again.

The text styles can be modified by MUIA_Text_Preparse and/or MUIA_Text_Contents. Read the corresponding Autodocs for full information about what is possible and what is not.
So well, I can't know when the application closes, so I will use the white font.

The problem is with one of the skins, the "WB1.3" one (insert disk skin), it's too white and you can't see the letters, the name of the song playing.

Edit: I think I just will "rename" that skin out to select the random one and in again after that.
Edit: Done.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 April 2016 at 12:39.
Old 11 April 2016, 23:39   #186
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Yes, I knew about the locked image files but never investigated the reasons, thanks for your help! It makes sens that one or both datatype.library and muimaster.library would somehow cache the images... still, when a program quits all resources should be freed so I put myself a reminder to find a workaround

In the meantime, could you contact me via PM to talk about your idea of randomising backgrounds, please?

Cheers!
Old 11 April 2016, 23:44   #187
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi TenLeftFingers!

Quote:
Thanks tygre. Here's a paste of SnoopDos from before I press Play and get the guru: http://pasted.co/1cb1714b/fullscreen...&linenum=false

I ran HippoPlayer first but the same thing happened as soon as I pressed "play".
Thank you for the information and the use case, I am happy to report (unless someone would explain me otherwise) that AmiModRadio does not seem to be the culprit here I think that HiP is responsible but...

Quote:
The rest of my system info is in my sig. I don't mind posting here but if you'd prefer keep this thread seperate I'm happy to PM.
... given your configuration, I could not explain why... Could you try to find the missing libraries (the ones for which loading "Fail"ed in the SnoopDos log) and try again?

Let me know!
Old 12 April 2016, 02:27   #188
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Hi Retrofan!

Yes, I knew about the locked image files but never investigated the reasons, thanks for your help! It makes sens that one or both datatype.library and muimaster.library would somehow cache the images... still, when a program quits all resources should be freed so I put myself a reminder to find a workaround

In the meantime, could you contact me via PM to talk about your idea of randomising backgrounds, please?

Cheers!
Thanks to you mate. Well, FlushMUI isn't thought for a program like yours -from code I mean- and it has the problem that it closes all of the working MUI applications. Thore is regretful even about sharing that info. He insisted that it has to be made with code (attached example in my post). But to make it from script I need to use it. It works perfect an you only have to be aware that if you open the RandomSkin script it will close working applications like IBrowse without asking.

PM sent.
Old 07 June 2016, 02:53   #189
tygre
Returning fan!

Dear all!

I am happy to announce the release of AmiModRadio v0.991 (here, here, or here)

In addition to fixing some bugs and to some refactorings, this version adds a long-awaited social-media feature . It is now possible to rate modules from 1 to 5 (1 lowest, 5 highest). When playing modules, if the community has rated them, the community's rates are displayed. If the user also has rated them (based on her IP address), the user's rates are also displayed!

The rates are stored by IP addresses along number of votes (nothing more, nothing less) on an Amiga server! Yes, only Amiga makes it possible .

As usual, any comments/questions/bug reports are welcome!
Cheers!

Last edited by tygre; 07 June 2016 at 03:25. Reason: Added a screenshot
Old 07 June 2016, 03:09   #190
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great, I will try it tomorrow. So, do you mean that now it has somekind of Thumb up or down like Youtube or Facebook for the modules?
Old 07 June 2016, 03:24   #191
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Actually, even better! Look at the screenshot that I just added to my post (Who needs a Facebook account?)

Cheers!
Old 08 June 2016, 22:02   #192
AMIGASYSTEM

Ottimo lavoro tygre, fatto una recensione sui portali italiani Amigapage e AmigaNews.

EDIT: translated

Excellent work tygre, did a review on Italian portals Amigapage and AmigaNews

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 October 2016 at 20:07.
Old 08 June 2016, 23:21   #193
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ottimo lavoro tygre, fatta una recensione sui portali italiani Amigapage e AmigaNews.
Thanks a lot and thanks to Google translate
Cheers!
Old 08 June 2016, 23:30   #194
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Tygre I think you should use -if possible- some comands to detect if the user is using MUI3 or MUI4 and if using this last, don't add fixed backgrounds that can be implemented better by the user.

Maybe I'm wrong because I've only tried your latest version for some minutes, sorry.
Old 09 June 2016, 06:31   #195
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Thanks a lot and thanks to Google translate
Cheers!
Excuse me, I forgot to translate
Old 09 June 2016, 14:54   #196
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Tygre I think you should use -if possible- some comands to detect if the user is using MUI3 or MUI4 and if using this last, don't add fixed backgrounds that can be implemented better by the user.

Maybe I'm wrong because I've only tried your latest version for some minutes, sorry.
Nothing wrong here I will change my code to allow for "background less" themes in the coming version so that it is possible to have a really nice GUI!

I'll keep you posted!
Cheers!
Old 13 June 2016, 01:36   #197
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi all!

A new version of AmiModRadio is available (here, here, and here)! It fixes several bugs, most importantly in the social-media feature, which now works well It also allows background-less skins for better looking UIs in some configs!

Fixed bugs are #31, #42, #47, #49, #50, #51, #52, and #53.

As usual, all comments/bugs are welcome!
Cheers!
Old 13 June 2016, 02:55   #198
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Maybe I'm wrong, Tygre, but I can't use my selected buttons backgrounds using MUI4 with the background-less skin you comment. I sent you an email.
Old 14 June 2016, 12:24   #199
AMIGASYSTEM

Great job Tygre, i have not encountered any problems with MUI4, the buttons-Wallpapers associations work perfectly

Old 15 June 2016, 02:52   #200
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan and AmigaSystem!

Thanks a lot for your great feedback!

Retrofan, could you have look at AmigaSystem's screenshot and tell me if this is what you wanted? Could you post of screenshot of the "problem" with the MUI buttons?

Cheers!

PS. I intend to change those 1-5 buttons with stars very soon