English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 December 2023, 11:36   #181
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Yup, I just came across the floppy bug 2 nights ago. Please check CPU 68040 and 68060 with MMU set. WinUAE 5000 and WinUAE 64 5000 don't have the CPU bug but 5100b1 to 12 do. I'm noticing a crash with a Bootman that I haven't before with 68060 active, but not when 68040 active. I'm making a generic 3.1 HDF if it's needed. I'll post in the morning if you want it.
Yes, some test case (HDF) needed. I have no idea what do you mean by CPU bug.
Old 13 December 2023, 19:21   #182
AC/DC HACKER!

The HDF is generic 3.1 with Phase 5 libs installed and S:Bootman.

To reproduce:

I set Quickstart A4000 CSPPC,
Disable JIT,
Enable MMU (not EC),
Add file AmigaOS 3.1 Installed CPU Libs Inc.hdf,
Click "Stop Timer" since you're probably not used to this Menu program (upper right),
Click "Without A Startup".
Move AmigaShell window down. You'll see the crash.
Press F12,
Click Restart,
Change CPU to 68040,
Click Start,
Stop Timer if needed,
Click "Without A Startup",
Move AmigaShell window down. No crash.

The logs are this activity.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae64_debug_5.1.0.zip (21.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: rar AmigaOS 3.1 Installed CPU Libs Inc.rar (1.23 MB, 34 views)
Old 13 December 2023, 19:43   #183
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does it happen without accelerator boards? (They usually introduce too many unknown variables, especially those with boot ROMs). For example A4000 fastest quickstart, JIT off, 68060, MMU on. The simpler the config, the better.

EDIT: I think it does..

EDIT2: I now know what is happening, fix soon..

EDIT3: Fixed.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 13 December 2023 at 20:26.
Old 13 December 2023, 20:28   #184
AC/DC HACKER!

Edit 1: Pardon the 'longer' config. Shorter next time.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 14 December 2023 at 04:58.
Old 14 December 2023, 14:20   #185
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post

Edit 1: Pardon the 'longer' config. Shorter next time.
It was good enough, always some way to duplicate it is better than nothing

This was quite interesting: b1 MMU MOVEM fix (which was correct) "triggered" the problem because there was another 68060 MMU only MOVEM bug that was more or less hidden until b1 fix..
Old 15 December 2023, 05:59   #186
AC/DC HACKER!

That IS interesting..it's also interesting how you used "triggered" for the Amiga (WinUAE). I often laugh at people who say they're "triggered". Thanks, Toni, I'm glad you found the "trigger" and a fixed it. I'm glad to be part of continual process in my life, and others, to help in finding and sorting problems. Excited about the next release or RC.
Old 15 December 2023, 07:06   #187
ransom1122

I found behavior that crashes winuae.

Attach any HDF File, now instead of clicking "OK" in "Hardfile Settings" Window. If you Click "Start" in the main winuae window it crashes and quits out of winuae, with no error prompt.

Also the order in which multiple HDF's are dragged ands dropped dont match the order they are in windows explorer. Unless in windows explorer I select from Bottom to Top

Lastly attaching HDF's can be done in any TAB except for Quickstart TAB, not sure why?
Old 15 December 2023, 08:30   #188
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Attach any HDF File, now instead of clicking "OK" in "Hardfile Settings" Window. If you Click "Start" in the main winuae window it crashes and quits out of winuae, with no error prompt.
Checking later today.

Quote:
Also the order in which multiple HDF's are dragged ands dropped dont match the order they are in windows explorer. Unless in windows explorer I select from Bottom to Top
Thats how Windows works, Windows sends item that was dragged first, then the first item you selected, next item you selected and so on. Nothing to do with 5.1 betas anyway.

Quote:
Lastly attaching HDF's can be done in any TAB except for Quickstart TAB, not sure why?
Whyt not? It is QS, for floppies and CDTV/CD32 CDs only. QS also clears HDFs when activated.
Old 15 December 2023, 09:04   #189
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Thats how Windows works, Windows sends item that was dragged first, then the first item you selected, next item you selected and so on. Nothing to do with 5.1 betas anyway.
Looks like hilighting first HDF file, then holding shift to hilighting last hdf file puts it in a mixed order inside winuae.

hilighting last hdf file, then holding shift to hilight top hdf file allows for it to be in order inside winuae

Quote:
Whyt not? It is QS, for floppies and CDTV/CD32 CDs only. QS also clears HDFs when activated.
It's more about winuae being pro active & smart and placing the hdf(s) where they should be automatically.

You can drag a hdf in About TAB, this has nothing to do with either ADF or HDF inputs but still works...
Old 15 December 2023, 17:04   #190
Rotareneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Looks like hilighting first HDF file, then holding shift to hilighting last hdf file puts it in a mixed order inside winuae.

hilighting last hdf file, then holding shift to hilight top hdf file allows for it to be in order inside winuae
Like Toni said, that is how Windows works when performing a drop and drag operation like that, WinUAE has nothing to do with it.

For example: If you have five files in a folder sorted alphabetically (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) select all of them and then click and drag the selection by clicking on 3. Windows will present the list of files to the target program in the order 3, 4, 5, 1, 2.
Old 15 December 2023, 17:50   #191
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Fixed. Since b1 and no one noticed or cared

Quote:
Actually it does work but Quickstart always reset the config when QS panel was initialized. Now simply entering QS panel does not anymore reset it. It was annoying side-effect of earlier update.
Old 15 December 2023, 21:18   #192
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...uae_5100b14.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...e64_5100b14.7z

Beta 14 (RC3):

- Fixed FSINCOS disassembly (swapped destination registers)
- 68060 MMU MOVEM.L (An)+,<regs> restored regs and updated An in wrong order which previously was mostly harmless but not anymore after b1 MMU MOVEM.L <regs>,-(An) update and if An was included in <regs> list.
- GUI parent window was not disabled when child window was open (b1)
- Quickstart config is not anymore reset when only entering Quickstart panel, unless it was first Quickstart panel open in current session.
- Disk read DMA sometimes stopped 2 words too early (b8)
Old 15 December 2023, 21:42   #193
AMIGASYSTEM

Hi Toni, I was testing a CD32 game 'EDF_Special' downloaded from Aminet, see attached link.

http://aminet.net/search?query=EDF_Special_

The game requires CD32 and 4MB of additional RAM, with WinUAE 5.x I noticed when the game starts that the audio tracks hiccup, I tested the same game with WinUAE 4.9.1 and the audio tracks do not hiccup!
Old 16 December 2023, 05:05   #194
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:

Except for...

Quote:
Beta 14 (RC3):

- 68060 MMU MOVEM.L (An)+,<regs> restored regs and updated An in wrong order which previously was mostly harmless but not anymore after b1 MMU MOVEM.L <regs>,-(An) update and if An was included in <regs> list.

I follow this, I enjoy these insights you share. I'm enjoying having full floppy speed and 68060 back. I'm sure others are as well. *Rubbing hands together..* what else to discover?
Old 16 December 2023, 16:59   #195
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Hi Toni, I was testing a CD32 game 'EDF_Special' downloaded from Aminet, see attached link.

http://aminet.net/search?query=EDF_Special_

The game requires CD32 and 4MB of additional RAM, with WinUAE 5.x I noticed when the game starts that the audio tracks hiccup, I tested the same game with WinUAE 4.9.1 and the audio tracks do not hiccup!
Make your config less CPU heavy. 68020 + cycle-exact + fast RAM can be very host CPU heavy.
Old 17 December 2023, 05:30   #196
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:

Actually it does work but Quickstart always reset the config when QS panel was initialized. Now simply entering QS panel does not anymore reset it. It was annoying side-effect of earlier update.

The HDF change has resulted in every time I insert/edit a/an HDF to the CD/Harddrive window WinUAE GUI becomes pushed back behind everything else. I either Tab or Click the icon on the taskbar.
Old 17 December 2023, 06:05   #197
ransom1122

Quote:
It might benefit winuae to attach multiple hdfs In alphabet order. Basically one step above windows and have some sort of code to make it alphabetical would help me when working with multiple hdfs.

Either way your doing a geatt job Toi, these beta releases are all fantastic

Last edited by ransom1122; 17 December 2023 at 09:08.
Old 17 December 2023, 09:57   #198
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Make your config less CPU heavy. 68020 + cycle-exact + fast RAM can be very host CPU heavy.
Toni sorry, I used the standard "QuickStart CD32" configuration, I just added 1 MB of Z2 Fast RAM, music in the game hiccups, the game requires CD32 with 1 MB of FastMem

However, even without cycle-exact, when you play the hiccups are always present

Same configuration with WinUAE 4.1.0 and no hiccups encountered

WinUAE 4.1.0 On 68020 + cycle-exact + fast RAM works well no hiccups
Old 17 December 2023, 11:48   #199
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Toni sorry, I used the standard "QuickStart CD32" configuration, I just added 1 MB of Z2 Fast RAM, music in the game hiccups, the game requires CD32 with 1 MB of FastMem

However, even without cycle-exact, when you play the hiccups are always present

Same configuration with WinUAE 4.1.0 and no hiccups encountered

WinUAE 4.1.0 On 68020 + cycle-exact + fast RAM works well no hiccups
Not enough host CPU power can be the only reason CD audio stutters (happens completely in host side)

This game has very heavy copper list (every line has copper operations, chipset emulation since 4.9 needs to do much more if line has copper activity)

EDIT: last "fast" version might help but it probably is too late, I plan to finalize 5.1 later today.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 17 December 2023 at 13:30.
Old 17 December 2023, 18:12   #200
AC/DC HACKER!

Since the HDF adding/dragging was changed I'm noticing that when I add a file and click OKAY or cancel, or edit a HDF or directory/archive entry WinUAE screen becomes not active and thus goes behind whatever program is behind it. If nothing is behind it, it goes inactive until I click on it somewhere.