English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 17 February 2014, 03:45   #1
Manos

Buying an Amiga HD cable

I hope that's the right subforum to discuss this.

I want to buy an HD cable in order to connect my Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200 with a PC so that I can capture video and upload it to YouTube (that's because I want to run some retro games and capturing through Amiga will be hard I guess).

My PC has a Samsung monitor with HDMI port. I bought an A500 modulator to connect the Amiga 500 with a Sony Bravia TV or with the monitor but connecting through RF cable....it's just suicide. The signal is too bad!

Is there any way to connect my Amiga computers using HDMI cable? Because if not, the only way left is connecting my A1200 with the RGB cable which won't be good for some games. So I look for an HDMI modulator or something. Please give me Ebay links if you find something specific.

Thank you!

Old 17 February 2014, 23:43   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Manos,

I have moved your thread to the request.Other forum.
Old 18 February 2014, 14:54   #3
BigFan

Hi Manos,

maybe this link gives you the information requested, before loosing money on ebay :

http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

it's about upscalers (hardware).

P.s.: if you want to capture video, you'll need a capture device. Standard HDMI on pc video cards is signalling out only. I don't know a single vga card that accepts digital streams or analogue input without additional circuitry.

Last edited by BigFan; 18 February 2014 at 15:21. Reason: P.S.
Old 21 February 2014, 05:09   #4
Steve T

why would you need HD anything? by the sounds of it you're only interested in capturing low-res screens.

perhaps something like this:

link

you just need to hook it up to your amiga composite port - an RGB one would work better of course.

don't worry about an upscaler because you don't require any real-time scaling, capture your footage in the amigas output resolution and any number of video software can increase the resolution at any point after capture.
Old 27 March 2014, 19:32   #5
Manos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
Hi Manos,

maybe this link gives you the information requested, before loosing money on ebay :

http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/
This will cost a fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
perhaps something like this:

link

you just need to hook it up to your amiga composite port - an RGB one would work better of course.
The end of that cable is USB so it goes to PC. THe other end...I don't think that it will fit in any Amiga. These cables seem to match Audio ports, not a composite port.

Old 27 March 2014, 19:59   #6
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

The Amiga modulator has audio out as well as video out.

The above linked product will work with a cable between it and the modulator. You just need a male to male extension lead for each connection.