English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language

Old 09 June 2013, 21:05   #1
fatboy

AMOS for Windows install

I downloaded and installed AMOS for windows just to see what it was like on PC.
In my curiosity I decided to see if I could simply drag across a folder and files to my CF HD with ClassicWB lite, and stuck it in my real Amiga A1200.

Brilliant....it works a treat. AMOS with all the extensions I never had what I owned the original AMOS pro.

Just needed to change the paths in some of the example programs, but it all seems to be working.

Can it REALLY be that easy???
Old 10 June 2013, 17:53   #2
AF2013

Pretty Good and I used it sometime
Old 11 June 2013, 17:42   #3
fishyfish
Banned

I checked this out a little while ago as well. Nice package.
AROS has improved a bit in speed in recent times though, and Winuae has had a few revision number increases as well, so an update might be worthwhile.

As for the package itself it's nice, but if someone wanted to go to the effort of adding the new commands available by the extensions to the "inbuilt" help that'd be the icing on the cake The inbuilt help appears to be a series of AMOS programs, so should be easy enough (albiet time consuming).

Adding a few nice tools that a person can load as accessories (sprite grabbers for eg.) would also be great.

A little bit of an "update" including the above sort of things is something that appeals to me, but I just dont know that Id ever get around to it. No harm in passing the ideas along though

There's also AMOS4AROS, AMOS4Linux, etc. using the same package. Perhaps an AMOS4Amiga could be something people are interested in as well? (just AMOS itself + extensions + an installer that copies external files to their paths (or similar) in this case).
Old 11 June 2013, 19:48   #4
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

There are already updates to AMOS Pro planned... I would suggest a look over at the Amos Factory: amos.ultimateamiga.co.uk for more info...
Old 11 June 2013, 22:20   #5
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
There are already updates to AMOS Pro planned... I would suggest a look over at the Amos Factory: amos.ultimateamiga.co.uk for more info...

Agreed. There are a number of us (myself included, though at present I haven't been that involved with it yet) working on updating AMOS Pro.
Anyone interested in updates should definately visit the AMOS Factory.