Old 03 May 2013, 15:42   #21
Kitty

It's still a small price to pay for an excellent piece of software
Old 03 May 2013, 16:13   #22
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Something just jogged my memory and I seem to remember that you didn't even buy a key !!! Someone bought it for you after you hinted several times. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Sorry I missed that bit until now. You are correct, but I didn't use WHDLoad that much before. I didn't complain about the price either. Basically I don't get why I can't tell you that it's really a pisstake to complain about the price for WHDLoad. Oh and I didn't hint at it. seuden baught me a key because he felt I deserve it after helping people here. Something that posts like this one really make me wonder why I should bother...
Old 03 May 2013, 16:30   #23
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I'm gonna buy a second key just to support WHDLoad. My miggy would be almost useless without it (yes the games ARE an important bit of Amiga computing for me).
Old 04 May 2013, 12:29   #24
liveevil
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Sorry I missed that bit until now. You are correct, but I didn't use WHDLoad that much before. I didn't complain about the price either. Basically I don't get why I can't tell you that it's really a pisstake to complain about the price for WHDLoad. Oh and I didn't hint at it. seuden baught me a key because he felt I deserve it after helping people here. Something that posts like this one really make me wonder why I should bother...
No offence, it was after you said :-

Basically you pay for using the software and not just for the few installs that don't work without a key. Think about it that way and you'll see why it's certainly not 'expensive' (that's why we react this way, because it's simply not true if you think about how much work went into WHDLoad and the patches).

I just wondered why you and Stingray were having a go at me and had not even bought one yourself.

There has definitely been a lot of updates and new installs the past few months so I might reconsider at some point.

This is the original conversation I remembered :-
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48356
You can see why I thought you were hinting. Saying 'you had no key' and the added emoticons. Then Elowar told you to buy one and you said it was certainly an option. I hope you can see my point.

Last edited by liveevil; 04 May 2013 at 12:38.
Old 04 May 2013, 13:47   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You miss the '' and a lot of talks on IRC... but if you still think that this has an influence on how valid my comment is I certainly rest my case here. Still can't see you contributing to that 'list of registered only games' btw.
Old 04 May 2013, 14:08   #26
liveevil
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Still can't see you contributing to that 'list of registered only games' btw.
Was that a dig at me ? I'm not trying to attack you if that's what you think. I've just been using ADF, IPF on GameBase Amiga at the moment until the OAGD matures a bit more. I've been messing with FS-UAE but cant get the frontend to show me screenshots.
Nobody has made a list of WHDLoad Registered only games, thats why I originally asked in this thread and has now caused all this controversy and I got shat on and told to buy a key. I don't get much free time.
Old 04 May 2013, 14:12   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just wondered if you had time to look up my legitimation about commenting in this very thread you certainly would have a few spare minutes to test a few WHDLoad games. Sorry once again for stating my oppinion about your comments on this forum.