English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 13 January 2012, 14:04   #21
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Yes, that is of course true but I actually only wanted to emphasize on the fact that the code is lousy and thus it didn't matter that there is even a 3rd version of the binary. Since I only worked with the 1MB Chip version when doing the WHDLoad patch I actually forgot about the $200000 version.
For me three versions is good solution. Why? Due it works on all Amiga ECS 1MB+ configs, many old Amiga games works only with 1MB Chip or slow fast. Also this is good protection for poor crackers, due manual protection for only one version was cracked by TRSI.
BTW. About The Plague crack. You are not alone. You have second place only in the Guinness World Records Book. Thirst place is reserved to other famous cracker
Old 13 January 2012, 18:29   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
For me three versions is good solution. Why? Due it works on all Amiga ECS 1MB+ configs, many old Amiga games works only with 1MB Chip or slow fast. Also this is good protection for poor crackers, due manual protection for only one version was cracked by TRSI.
BTW. About The Plague crack. You are not alone. You have second place only in the Guinness World Records Book. Thirst place is reserved to other famous cracker
What does that mean?
Old 13 January 2012, 22:55   #23
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
For me three versions is good solution. Why? Due it works on all Amiga ECS 1MB+ configs, many old Amiga games works only with 1MB Chip or slow fast.
For me it is just a sign of poor coding. Three binaries are completely unnecessary and a waste of disk space because it would have been simple to code a relocation routine to make the game work in the required memory locations. Would have been a much better solution in my opinion.

Quote:
BTW. About The Plague crack. You are not alone.
The problem with The Plague is that it uses the complete 512k. And I refuse to release a 1MB version. I have the game working more or less for a long time already but there are graphics bugs that randomly appear and so far I didn't find the reason for them (they are not in the original game so it has to do with my crack). It's not that it is forgotten, it's just that it is not an easy crack at all if you want to make it run on 512k machines.
Old 17 January 2012, 13:45   #24
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
What does that mean?
First place is reserved to cracker which in the 2006 year wrote this:

"the 'hard' protection was done in 2 hours, start to finish including disk finalisation"
Old 12 October 2012, 01:26   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Bored enough for a Sim City save bugfix?

http://mantis.whdload.de/view.php?id=2493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
That ones going to have a wait a couple of days until I get the powerpack fixed for my laptop, one of the few installs I didn't transfer across to this PC.
Any news? I assume you forgot about it.