English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 29 August 2012, 14:17   #1
rikbliz

ClassicWB 3.9 and BoingBags 3 & 4 ?

(deleted)

Last edited by rikbliz; 06 July 2018 at 09:20.
Old 29 August 2012, 14:20   #2
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I think better not mix them together, or just use individual components to spice up CWB. But you have to know what you're doing all the time.
Old 29 August 2012, 14:22   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
CWB 3.9 should be installed after BB1/2 but I think there are some issues with CWB 3.9 and BB3/4 I know this has been discussed before so someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

You're safe to go ahead and install CWB3.9 as you are now but I'd suggest backing up first.

All the best,

Steve.
Old 29 August 2012, 15:02   #4
rikbliz

(deleted)

Last edited by rikbliz; 06 July 2018 at 09:20.
Old 29 August 2012, 15:14   #5
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikbliz View Post
@Fitzsteve - Slightly O/T but any pointers on the best ways to backup? I'm using CF and SFS. I was planning on using my PC and WinUAE to create a HDF 'backup' from the CF - but haven't looked in to if this is possible yet.
Yes that's the best way - just be sure you don't let Windows format the CF card!

You may need to run WinUAE in Admin mode to be able to add the CF as a HDD.

I would zip or lha the partition rather than putting in a HDF but either will work

Good luck!

Steve.
Old 04 September 2012, 21:42   #6
UberFreak

I've installed BoingBag 3 on CWB3.9 without issues, just make sure to use the latest CWB3.9 release, as previous ones moved some stuff around that BB3 tries to update (can't remember exactly what it was, there's a thread about it somewhere...).
Old 03 October 2012, 02:13   #7
slaapliedje

This is a bit of a necro... but I guess a month old thread isn't too terribly bad.

Just wanted to throw out there that I think it might very well be something in ClassicWB mixed with BB 3/4 that is causing my issue. Or just something with ClassWB in general.

I have OS3.9 with ClassicWB (can't recall which revision) and BB all up to 4. It's been a while since I booted it up, but here is the issue;

With my A4000D and Mediator with Radeon 9250, if I load up with an AGA video mode it works fine, no issues. Whenever I go into a VGA mode with my Radeon it inevitably locks up. Initially I thought it was just a hardware problem. Especially seeing how if I went into 1920x1080 then saved it, and then rebooted, it would lock up instantly (it wouldn't quite finish loading most of the time).

Now the reason I started to think that it was the software was that when I moved the memory info program (can't recall what it was called, getting too old...) out of the start up, it would boot further... then I would remove AmiDock and it'd actually get to a working desktop! It would still eventually lock up, but that was definitely an improvement.

So my thought at this point is that either there is something that doesn't quite like non-AGA modes, or possibly is causing some memory banging that utilizing the Radeon's memory as display and system memory at the same time causes it to freak out.

Any ideas on this? Has anyone else had issues or luck or even use ClassicWB with a Mediator/Radeon combination? Or should I just reinstall with straight OS3.9, and install / tweak things myself?

I really like the ClassicWB though...

slaapliedje
Old 03 October 2012, 06:07   #8
NovaCoder

I think the answer is to be careful with BB3/BB4. I never install everything from them, just the bits I actually want.