English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 18 February 2008, 16:33   #21
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
opps sorry did you work on the game? I didnt mean to sound so harsh. The graphics themself were fine, but compared to Zelda i just felt the were not animated as fluid.

It just didnt seem to flow as well, and i suppose comparing Zelda (made by a huge Japanese company with plenty of experience in that field) wasnt the right thing to do..

I just felt a bit dissapointed in it, especilly as I had been awaiting it for several months and when i bought it, i just didnt "get" it.

It definatly was better than Legends.

MR Nutz was pretty good on the amiga, i beat that one =)
i'm not offended, even if Speris was a 100% replica of Zelda, it still wouldn't have sold significantly more numbers. Had the game been released a year earlier, it would have done well.

Problem with a Zelda clone is the sheer amount of work needed to get it all to work. And clearly, Speris suffered in some respects in the comparisons to Zelda, in fact i think one magazine renamed it "Spurious Legality".

Some of the stuff in Speris was only there temporarily (like the Zelda inspired warp sequence), but due to time constraints ended up staying and affecting the game.

I agree there was too much aimless wandering around, we really should have started on the a500 first and then gone to AGA after, but after a few months work on the A1200, it was obvious, that fitting this onto A500 simply wouldn't work without major changes.

Plus you have Team 17 that are expecting you constantly move forward with the game, not present them with problems and going backwards. Witchwood was cancelled partly on the strength of what was already done on Speris.

Not only did Team 17 have a vested interest in it, so did Ocean software as they took over Team 17's distribution.

Right game, wrong time, wrong format.
Old 18 February 2008, 17:33   #22
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Plus you have Team 17 that are expecting you constantly move forward with the game, not present them with problems and going backwards. Witchwood was cancelled partly on the strength of what was already done on Speris.
Does anything of Witchwood exist? Mockup gfx? Demo? Anything?

I loved the Bjorn Lynne music.

I'm sure I saw some screenshots, either in a magazine, or maybe in the inlay card of the Music CD.

And despite what people say, I still liked Speris Legacy
Old 18 February 2008, 19:32   #23
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Does anything of Witchwood exist? Mockup gfx? Demo? Anything?

I loved the Bjorn Lynne music.

I'm sure I saw some screenshots, either in a magazine, or maybe in the inlay card of the Music CD.

And despite what people say, I still liked Speris Legacy
i think the basic elements of the game were there, it was based on the Alien Breed engine so i'm hazarding a guess that they at least had a version of Alien Breed with Witchwood graphics.

As for any graphics remaining, I think you'd have to ask Rico Holmes about whether or not he'd consider releasing them.

I'm glad to hear someone liked Speris. it wasn't perfect, but we actually had a very limited development time, and its to Clives credit (lead programmer) that he managed to get the AGA and CD32 versions finished on time, which is something of a rarity in the UK games industry.

I had to leave Speris a couple of months at the end of its creation to go and do Premier Manager 3 Deluxe for Gremlin, and what a torrid time that was!!!
Old 12 October 2010, 19:15   #24
Sebkos

So, is the traduction of The Speris Legacy it always possible ?
Old 04 April 2011, 22:16   #25
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
thread bumped..
Old 04 April 2011, 22:35   #26
Lord Riton

Seems really nice ! I remember that i wanted to have this game when i saw it in a french magazine, years agoo

Not sure why i never got it, guess the Amiga was close to it's end and i got my 2nd PC, and stopped to use my Amiga

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 August 2011, 21:55   #27
boone

Lil' bumpy on this one simply because I was searching for mentions of this game .

This was one of my favourite games back in the days, remember I spent hours after hours every day playing through this. I didn't even know that Galahad had been a member of the development team either, but I did remember that it was Hellfire that cracked this, naughty us .