English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 01 August 2001, 16:00   #1
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Floppy disk REQ: Ghostbusters 2

I can't find this great game anywhere. Help.
Old 03 August 2001, 11:36   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I know Walker's copy is European; my copy is U.S. and it is also protected.

Ghostbusters was not released on the Amiga, but The Real Ghostbusters was.
Old 03 August 2001, 11:53   #3
Amigaboy

Mine came in the "Action Pack" which had Chase HQ, Batman: The Movie, Ghostbusters II, Operation Thunderbolt

All of these games had Disk Protection

Old 03 August 2001, 12:37   #4
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Ghostslayers

Just for your information. I think a pd game called ghostslayers was very very similar to ghostbusters.
Old 03 August 2001, 13:22   #5
MethodGit

Question

Funny, from what I noticed in the install script of the WHDLoad patch for the game, the disks can be DICed (dicked, tee hee hee (sorry)) normally. Oh well, if anyone happened to install this game to their HD or something, perhaps they could send the disk images from the directory onto the ADF Zone? The disk images should have exactly the same structure and layout as an ADF. I know this because I have renamed disk images of some HD games directly to *.adf before and they have worked like normal disks.
Old 03 August 2001, 19:31   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

But as Codetapper pointed out in a different thread, that doesn't mean that it always works out that way. Try it with Terrorpods and it won't work. He listed several others. He explained it in more technical terms, but there are no cut and fast rules that says they will all work that way because it worked on one game (or two, etc.) Each game is handled differently. It may or may not work.

How about I just upload the WHD installed version, which will be a lot easier than all of this.
Old 05 August 2001, 14:24   #7
MethodGit

Well, here's the result from testing the thing...

the WHD version appears to work fine, except there's a small glitch in the music, which is pointed out in the readme, anyway. It says I should try and mess around with the PAL/NTSC settings in order to get perfect music emulation with the game, although I've only had a 100% result when I enabled NTSC screen mode when running WinUAE.

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of trouble trying to get the original game to run from floppy (with the disk images renamed to ADF) - now I don't know whether it's something to do with what you said earlier, or whether it's just a general problem that emulators have with original disks (I remember I couldn't get the original dump of Lethal Weapon - which I obtained from Spokyz's HD version - to run properly (it kept guruing and/or resetting)).

Thanks for taking the time to upload the game anyhow, Twist.