English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 24 July 2010, 23:30   #1
Genlock
Out to Grass

Post Various ClassicWB questions

Hi Bloodwych,

I have been a fan of yours for years, I think I have tried most Amiga Emulators and the hosts for them including Classic,AmigaSys,AIAB and a few lesser ones. You done a great job with the v25 of P96 version of ClassicWB, after reading one of your post about speeding up the classic ver to compete with AIAB I thought I would give it a try.

I am running the Emulator Winuae ver first to test it out before trying to put it on a spare drive in my A1200, I have one question after changing the screen mode to UAE:1232 x 692 32 bit BGRA (works brilliant ) I then went on to change the Workbench picture as it looked like it was Tiled, but found that if i went into Sys/prefs/Wbpattern/ to change it , nothing happened ! is this system obsolete now, is there a setup in scalos for this ?
I have been into video editing for yonks and will be trying to get some of the old utils going again, I have had some luck with Scala400 on AIAB eventually getting it to run full screen, which ver of the CLASSIC packages do you recomend to use for this type of work.

I am using Workbench 3.1.

Thanks for your commitment to the best computer on the planet.

Last edited by Genlock; 25 July 2010 at 01:07.
Old 31 July 2010, 23:37   #2
Bloodwych

I've moved this to its own thread as you are asking for help.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure about competing with AIAB and which thread you are referring to - the P96 version has been around for a long time and the whole ClassicWB pack was inspired by AIAB.

To change wallpaper in the P96/UAE version, you need to go to Settings->Scalos->Pattern in either the top left hand menu on the menubar, or from the run icon.

Can't remember if Scalos stretches the image to fit like Windows - if not, you will have to resize the pic in your fav graphics program first and add it to the Workbench.

The UAE/P96 is the fastest version for serious work in WinUAE, as combined with JIT and no graphics/native amiga chipset to emulate it can absolutely fly.
Old 01 August 2010, 10:36   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi!

I've been able to stretch a smaller picture as my background on my A1200T which runs the P96 pack although it works better as Bloodwych suggests if you use an image the exact same res as your workbench, i.e if you run 1024x768 then you image should also be 1024x768 and it looks perfect

However to fill up the screen with say an 800x600 image the following options in the pattern prefs worked for me:

Select you image and choose 'Fit size' from the drop down.

Select 'Use GUIGfx'

Select 'AutoDither'

Choose Dithering = Floyd Steinberg

Save your settings and enjoy

Steve.
Old 05 August 2010, 01:01   #4
Genlock
Out to Grass

Thanks for moving the thread BW,
Cheers guys for the help with the screenmode, sorted !!