English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 April 2010, 02:07   #41
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
agreed, but it is still nice that it was original hardware being used for playback!
Yes, nice. Not "bloody amazing"
Old 04 April 2010, 03:57   #42
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
This rocks! makes Allister Brimble look like an amateur
Then you haven't heard anything from Allister Brimble in a while then! (Or any of his studio stuff?)

Nice performance, but I have to defend Allister's good name!
Old 04 April 2010, 04:10   #43
BuZz

A uk guy called Syphus (nice bloke) does some live chip tune performances using AHX and a keyboard and some other bits.

[ Show youtube player ]

he also played at sundown 2008, and used my a1200! [ Show youtube player ]

I saw a video of a guy called Tero doing a live c64 gig once. That was pretty cool also
Old 04 April 2010, 06:47   #44
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
This rocks! makes Allister Brimble look like an amateur
After this comment, i am now aware that some EAB members are smoking some SERIOUS crack!
Old 04 April 2010, 11:24   #45
wilshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post

Nice performance, but I have to defend Allister's good name!
Absolutely. Remember that the world of music, let alone Amiga music, was very different in the 90s. While Ali Brimble was never the most technical of producers, often the end result was of classic status.

This guys music is good yes, but not of classic status. Both excellent producers in their own way clearly.
Old 04 April 2010, 13:30   #46
viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
Well there you go, it says Ctrix in the title
Is that Chris M? Got him on facebook, but never bothered to hook up... Really should start making more Amiga contacts in Melbourne

Old 04 April 2010, 16:52   #47
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Is that Chris M? Got him on facebook, but never bothered to hook up... Really should start making more Amiga contacts in Melbourne
Can't remember his real name but i haven't seen the guy in over a year He is worth hooking up with though because he a great guy and quite knowledgeable on the Amiga front
Old 05 April 2010, 00:51   #48
BuZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
Absolutely. Remember that the world of music, let alone Amiga music, was very different in the 90s. While Ali Brimble was never the most technical of producers, often the end result was of classic status.
Personally I think Allister is very technical when it comes to producing. Perhaps I am biased having spoken to him many times about such things, but for me he has always paid close attention to small details especially when it comes to post production and the finalisation of various effects and mixing. His latest commercial works such as Sonic and Sega all stars racing on DS has had critical acclaim for the audio and anyone who listened to his very early CD works, would also see the tight attention to small details with the final sound.

I can also recommend listening to his recent stuff, for example search for "silicon heaven" which is a wonderfully styled combination of classic chip sounds with 1980's rock ballad guitar. Think c64/spectrum + Miami Vice perhaps :-)

His credit tune remake of his Alien Breed classic is also great (on xbox 360). Note his first two CD albums are freely downloadable from ExoticA - http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Allister_Brimble . The Sounds Digital CD is well known, but you might not have heard "Bang Tick Tick" which is a really fantastic audio trip for me.

[edit] and I almost forgot: http://www.remix64.com/act/allister_brimble/ for more of his recent remix stuff

Last edited by BuZz; 05 April 2010 at 19:44. Reason: slightly less drunk wording :-)