English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 23 November 2009, 18:44   #61
Biscuit
Baked Produce

@Rebel
You clearly know what you want to do. It all sounds like good ideas and I hope it goes well. It was only when this thread evolved as people showed an interest in what UA could be the problem occurred.

I still stand by what I've said. It sounds like you're building a good in house production team, but since it is all in private it will not automatically lead to an online community (which appeared to be one of your desires). As proven by the website over the last year. Many of the ideas people have offered to help kickstart some visible activity were either ignored or met with flippant and dismissive remarks. Quite frankly it annoyed me. I've no problem with someone disagreeing or saying that something has already been thought of or planned, or having a discussion about the pros and cons. I don't expect instant results, just a little politeness.

Good luck with it, but I doubt I will offer support again.
Old 24 November 2009, 10:48   #62
Graham Humphrey

It's called off-topic mate...
Old 24 November 2009, 10:59   #63
Graham Humphrey

That's because it isn't. But I'd rather not have this thread derailed anymore with stuff that's totally irrelevant that's all. Nothing personal...
Old 24 November 2009, 14:17   #64
X-ray
Angry Kid Fan

Nostromo is offering hosting free:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50379
Old 26 November 2009, 05:25   #65
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
Hey, just to let everyone know, we've arranged with Mihcael to take over the hosting and domain for www.underground-arcade.com and we're all working together on a new site which we hope people will approve of.

I'm trying to please as many people as I can, but you have to realise that some of you have conflicting ideas on what we should be doing with Underground Arcade. I'd like this project to succeed, but that can only happen if people cooperate and understand each others point of view.

We've had problems in the past, like our forum going offline twice for some time, which I've already pointed out was beyond our control. Also, the site offered no backup facilities and it went down unexpectedly before any of us could copy & paste every page to a text file, so a lot of what we were talking about is gone. But I'm sure this won't stop us from continuing from where we left off, or starting again with newer, refined ideas.

One thing we have to work out, if anyone at all is still interested in joining the team (or sticking with it), is if we're going to host our game development threads here on EAB in Amiga Games Factory, where it can be seen by the public and have no secrecy, where any joker on the forum can jump in and troll the thread (of course, someone with good advice or an offer for help could ALSO jump in), and no secret projects can be developed unless it's done through Private Messages. Or should we start a new forum, like before (but with a more reliable host and better forum software to start with), where we moderate all new members to find out if they're serious about joining the team to help, or just wasting our time.

If anyone has decided to withdraw their offer to help due to recent arguments or misunderstandings, that is a shame. I had hoped we could calm down and work it all out, try and be more productive and go through things maybe one at a time until we could all be happy with the direction Underground Arcade is going to go. Our doors will always be open to anyone wishing to return if they ever start to warm up to the idea again.
Old 26 November 2009, 08:50   #66
pmc
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32
Hey, just to let everyone know, we've arranged with Mihcael to take over the hosting and domain for www.underground-arcade.com and we're all working together on a new site which we hope people will approve of.
Really good news Rebel.

Quote:
One thing we have to work out, if anyone at all is still interested in joining the team (or sticking with it), is if we're going to host our game development threads here on EAB in Amiga Games Factory, where it can be seen by the public and have no secrecy, where any joker on the forum can jump in and troll the thread (of course, someone with good advice or an offer for help could ALSO jump in), and no secret projects can be developed unless it's done through Private Messages. Or should we start a new forum, like before (but with a more reliable host and better forum software to start with), where we moderate all new members to find out if they're serious about joining the team to help, or just wasting our time.
I think you could have these issues whichever public forum that discussions are held on so it's always going to be a risk that's run - no risk, no reward though as they say. With a tight focus as to what you want people who express an interest in the project to do, tasks can be assigned and those who deliver are the ones who are genuinely interested.

Quote:
If anyone has decided to withdraw their offer to help due to recent arguments or misunderstandings, that is a shame. I had hoped we could calm down and work it all out, try and be more productive and go through things maybe one at a time until we could all be happy with the direction Underground Arcade is going to go. Our doors will always be open to anyone wishing to return if they ever start to warm up to the idea again.
I still hope UA becomes a success for you guys who are obviously passionate about it. Once I get some time after the demo stuff is finished maybe I could help out in some way - even if it's only some help for someone else who's wanting to code game related stuff in assembler...?
Old 26 November 2009, 14:02   #67
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc View Post
Once I get some time after the demo stuff is finished maybe I could help out in some way - even if it's only some help for someone else who's wanting to code game related stuff in assembler...?
i might take you up on that offer some time.

As far involvement with UA goes, i personally will wait to see what happens before committing myself to anything.
Old 26 November 2009, 14:18   #68
pmc
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHorace
i might take you up on that offer some time.
Anytime fella.
Old 26 November 2009, 20:54   #69
Biscuit
Baked Produce

It's not like me to leave a good thread just because I got in a mood.

I'm interested to know, aside from putting up a redesigned site, what do you plan to do next?

Also, I agree with pmc about an open forum. Whether you need your own forum depends on if the UA site will have regular updates going on it. If not here is a good place to talk.