English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 23 July 2001, 19:13   #1
Unregistered

Question Mod2Mp3

Does anyone know of a utility for the PC which will enable me to convert some mods (actually from the Desert Dreams demo) to mp3? I'd just love to hear it blasting out of my hifi...

Old 23 July 2001, 19:18   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Fellow

You'll have to run the demo through Fellow and redirect the sound output to a WAV file, using the emulator option. Then tidy the WAV file up and convert it to an MP3.

I did the same, except for 30 Amiga game tunes and burnt them to a CD as audio tracks. It's great to hear the Hired Guns character selection music or the Onslaught tune in a CD player or car!
Old 23 July 2001, 19:45   #3
Paul
RIP Friends

Floppy disk

You could also try modplug tracker, which can be downloaded from http://www.modplug.com/index.php3

This tracker for the PC has an mp3 encoder.
Old 23 July 2001, 21:01   #4
Amiga1992

You can also play the mods directly to your hifi, use the mod input plugin for winamp, the modplug player or Deliplayer
Old 23 July 2001, 21:42   #5
Drake1009

Winamp can also dump the output into wave files which can then be converted to MP3 files. If you set it up to output files and then load a MOD file it'll output it to a Wave file.
Old 23 July 2001, 22:03   #6
RCK
Administrator

For the best audio output about mods files, I also suggest Modplug. (surround / bass boost)
Old 23 July 2001, 22:08   #7
Amiga1992

I recommend Deliplayer. It plays eevry mod just like in the Amiga.
Old 24 July 2001, 11:48   #8
Paul
RIP Friends

I have just tried Deliplayer and all I can say is...WOW

Deliplayer also has it's own Stream Recorder. One problem, Stream Recorder only records in mono unles you register.
Old 24 July 2001, 18:36   #9
OhICanChangeThis?

Wink Thanks...

Forgot I could change my user name! Anyway thanks for the response, it's been a great help. But I discovered a slight problem with this Desert Dreams demo, the music and visuals appear to be slightly out of syncronisation and the music itself is a little crackly and dodgy. Would the quality improve with another emulator such as Fellow? Also some of the samples in the tracks are emitting from only one speaker - is there a way to spread all samples across both speakers?

Although this has nothing to do with mods I was wondering whether anyone here knew what happened to that LSD Grapevine magazine - I know it ended around issue 21 but did it ever reappear? Is there anywhere I could find out more?

Also a final query. I have many DMS archives from years back. My problem is that a lot of them are password protected. Is there anyway around this; a way to get into them?

Well many thanks again here's a few links to some good sites I found:
http://www.realamiga.de
http://www.eigamiga.de
http://www.nostalgica.nu

Old 24 July 2001, 20:16   #10
Paul
RIP Friends

Demos do run better in Winfellow, e.g. ‘State of the Art’. Winfellow also has its own modripper.

WinUAE 8.14r1 - r3 will be better. Do not use winuae 0.8.16r1 - r4 as the sound and visuals appear to be slightly out of syncronisation and the sound itself is a little crackly and dodgy.

Q. Is there a way to spread all samples across both speakers with mods?
A. Yes, play in mono setting if using emulators. In modplug you can adjust stereo separation in setup under the ‘sound card’ tab.

‘Also a final query. I have many DMS archives from years back. My problem is that a lot of them are password protected. Is there anyway around this; a way to get into them?’

Winfellow can run dms files in the same way as ordinary adf files. You could also try xdms.exe, which is an dmstoadf converter.

Removed attachment

Last edited by Ian; 27 October 2001 at 00:54.