English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 22 June 2001, 19:05   #21
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Other Games

Eh, things like Falling Jewels, Starquake, Tilt (Codemasters, not Genias), Down At The Trolls and SUB would go down a treat!
Old 04 July 2001, 18:06   #22
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Requests

Anything on my requests page would be great!
Old 04 July 2001, 18:35   #23
Drake1009

Re: Umm, thought I'd ask you somethin'...

Quote:
Originally posted by MarzAttakz
Where is this Windows version of Gauntlet you speak of?
He might be referring to a game called Get Medieval. That's about as close to gauntlet as you come, comes with level editor and good graphics (2D)
Old 04 July 2001, 20:55   #24
Khephren

Nope it wasn't called that.

Looking on the web, the only one I can find is a sort of interface to the MAME ROM. Might have been that, was a while ago now.

Old 14 July 2001, 00:50   #25
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs down I can confirm Gauntlet did not come out on the Amiga

Hi guys

Just been flicking through my old Zzap's and I can confirm that Gauntlet never came out on the Amiga. It was released on all other machines but in the review for Gauntlet 2 on budget it clearly states "it was successfully converted to all computers bar the Amiga".

So another one down, everybody take Gauntlet 1 off your requests list since it doesn't exist!
Old 14 July 2001, 01:39   #26
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

WEC Le Mans

I think a lot of games were also featured as being available yet the software house didn't bother finishing or releasing the game.

I have lots of ads for WEC LeMans on the Amiga, another one which I don't think came out - if someone knows more, please tell me!
Old 14 July 2001, 04:27   #27
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Likewise, there's lots of mention of games in the catalogs included with the games. Very often they are wrong in both directions (more often wrong by stating a game is NOT on the Amiga when it really is, but a lot of time they state a game is available when it isn't.)

It makes the cat and mouse game of lost and found very difficult, but if it was too easy, it would be no fun!
Old 14 July 2001, 07:41   #28
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Gauntlet

As i say, I used to have gauntlet on my request list and then I was told it did not get released so I removed it.

Now there is a bit evidence that it might have existed from the advert. But there is also a bit of evidence that it didn't get released. As twistin says both mags could be wrong though, although the advert show it was intended and a port from the st probably would very.

I'm going to leave gauntlet on my requests but change the status to - probably does not exist.

I think it's harder to prove something doesn't exist though, pity there's no way of checking for sure. Surely if gauntlet was released it'd be in a chart somewhere in one of these old mags. Remembering the hype surrounding this game, I imagine it'd be at number one too. I don't have any old mags from this time myself, but has anyone else seen it? What date was it supposed to be released?

Just remembered, I'm sure that years and years ago that there was something about the making of gauntlet in an old computer and video games (C&VG) magazine, but it could have been about the ST version. Does anybody have it, maybe there's some info there.

Last edited by Warlock99; 14 July 2001 at 07:47.
Old 14 July 2001, 09:22   #29
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I would think it would have received some press from some of the mid to late 80's US Amiga mags, of which I have most every issue. Of course I would much rather have European Amiga mags from this era (and I have only a few of these older Euro gems!), but I am digressing again.

I will dig through the oldest of my US mags and see what kind of press releases I can come up with. There might be something. But I do remember from those days that at the time I was pretty convinced the game did not exist (something made me surrender hope that Gauntlet existed, but I can't remember what...)

Suddenly I feel like an archaeologist...
Old 15 July 2001, 19:30   #30
Amiga1992

Hahah, Walker, that's a good one. Twistin is the Indiana Jones
of Amiga videogames ))

About shop ads... They always used to lie! I remember seeing many unreleased games as 'available' at Special Reserve's product catalogue. To wit: Megarace CD32.

You should not trust those catalogues
Old 20 July 2001, 02:09   #31
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Ahem...a bit late responding to my namesake.

My nick:
I was heavy into the mp3 newsgroups (I drift in and out of fanatical mp3 collecting) and at the time, I was posting my own vinyl rips under the handle The Blue Ghost (another long story...)

My big thing in the 60's groups was unearthing all of the rare twist songs from 1959-1964. The common ones are easy to find, but there was a major twist phenomenon and the songs from this era are even more rare than Putty Squad! I rip a lot of obscure twist vinyl, so I changed my nick so that I would be easier spotted by other twist-a-holics.

By the way, I change the story of my nick's origin regularly.