English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 21 March 2002, 18:45   #1
Mad Mark

The game has a medival D&D theme to it, your party of men-at-arms start of by a coastline at an island, after landing the ship, you can go/search W,E,S,N etc, every action you make brings a pic up showing the event, you talk with diffirent characters along your journey, find useable items like weaponsand tools, you must search and hunt food, fight of (humanoids) orcs/goblins, your main task is to kill off the orcs (humanoids) and lift the island of the (humanoid) orc tyranny, there is one event with a quest to pass a void of blood which is quite difficult, the game is most memorable for it's load of options, and the pics showing up for each action you make depicting the event. Fighting is text based, with key actions like: "slash humanoid with sword", "throw spear at orc", "fire arrow at goblin" etc.

Very rare game!

A link for it would be most welcome.

Last edited by Mad Mark; 21 March 2002 at 21:38.

Old 22 March 2002, 12:55   #2
Zeewolf

I'd also like to find out what this game was!! It sounds like the type of game that I would be interested in. Any help would be grateful guys!!

Thanx in advance

Old 22 March 2002, 16:10   #3
the chronic

Must be "Legend of the Sword" by Rainbird. Can't help with a disk image though. It's quite hard to find.

Old 22 March 2002, 16:14   #4
Walker

Here's "Legend of the Sword" from the HOL archive:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	legendofthesword.gif
Views:	333
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2074  
Old 22 March 2002, 20:35   #5
the chronic

Legend of the Sword is in The Zone. Thanks to jmmijo for providing the Emuchina links.

Old 22 March 2002, 21:24   #6
jmmijo

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by the chronic
Legend of the Sword is in The Zone. Thanks to jmmijo for providing the Emuchina links.
Glad I could help, I figured that everyone could use the Amiga TOSEC stuff

If anyone is interested I do have some of the other TOSEC stuff for other computers/consoles, including the C64 TOSEC's from emuchina
Old 23 March 2002, 01:54   #7
Mad Mark

Thx the chronic for putting it in the zone, I can't find it anywhere on the net, but I did find a great walkthrough for it.
I'll advise you to try and solve it first, before using this walkthrough.

Here it is:

http://www.gamewinners.com/amiga/LegendOfTheSword.htm

Last edited by Mad Mark; 23 March 2002 at 02:34.