English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 03 January 2002, 15:53   #1
Dalai

Anyone completed Pang?

So there we are, hopped up on Dr Pepper and Haribo, wasting away New Year's eve in front of the beast with a few sessions of SWOS and Speedball 2.

We then fire up Pang and have a great 2 player marathon all over the world... all the way to Easter Island... getting to the very last level for the first time...

Suddenly...

"Software Failure - Guru Meditation"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (dies)
Old 03 January 2002, 15:57   #2
oldpx

That's awful You should try the save/load memory state function of WinUAE. It works well with old games.

Old 03 January 2002, 17:04   #3
Drake1009

Though Pang is a great game I never really sat down to complete the game. It's funnier when you are two players like so many other games.
Old 03 January 2002, 21:50   #4
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs up I have finished Pang

I have finished Pang - my version is cracked by PROJ Inc and has a trainer (although using the trainer wrecks the game - I have completed the game on EASY and NORMAL modes, never managed to get very far on DIFFICULT or VERY DIFFICULT alas)

If the version I have is rare I will be happy to upload it, just give me the word...

PS: This one has infinite lives, time and starting stage so you can test the last levels (49-50 on Easter Island) and even a level skip...

PPS: It isn't AGA fixed (I use the WHDLoad version!) but works fine on an A500 and should work under emulation too (untested). On the A1200 it works OK but blitter glitches depending on how grunty your Amiga is

Update: I have uploaded my version to the Zone.

Last edited by Codetapper; 03 January 2002 at 22:00.
Old 03 January 2002, 23:37   #5
oldpx

For the level select cheat, you needed to type something in a limited time (in level select screen) and had to press the first letter, then the second letter,release the first one, press third one, release second one etc. just like in Street Fighter 2. I always panicked and never managed to get this working .

At least this is the way it was defined in a Turkish magazine and those articles used to be written by 14yr old kids who didn't speak any language including Turkish very well so after all those years I won't be surpired to learn that this was not the proper way.

Old 04 January 2002, 07:53   #6
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Hey, if anyone is curious, I also finished Pang, and Super Pang and Pang 3 with Mame using just one credit

and Amiga Pang, I finished it too

Pang is one of my all-time favourite game, it's a wonderfull game
Old 04 January 2002, 08:33   #7
RetroMan

@Shatterhand

Then you surely want to try KPIBall on MSX2 do you ?? The author just made it free for download cause Sunrise screwed him ....
Old 04 January 2002, 13:01   #8
Dalai

Hey, thanks for the upload Codetapper! I'll check that version out.

We normally play the arcade version, simply because MAME is nice and easy to setup. The Amiga version is slower, with less powerups. It makes for a more cerebral (and easier) game.

1 credit? Impressive Shatterhand... I remember checking out some of the other Pangs but they were full of mexicans with maracas!
Old 04 January 2002, 16:24   #9
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Pang-I can't recall which particular crack version I have(from years ago), but it didn't have any cheats/trainers on it. I managed to complete it on normal once or twice I think.
Though one thing I was never sure of because of the crack- did the 'miggy version ever have the crabs/birds etc. of the arcade version??
Otherwise it was a great conversion by Ocean France-I always regard it a great shame their conversion of Snow Bros. was never released-judging by Pang,I'm sure it would've been as playable too.
Old 05 January 2002, 03:24   #10
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

The one with mexicans with maracas is exactly Pang 3

In Pang 3 you have the choice of 4 different characters, each one with it's weapon, so you can't change weapons mid-game... (I don't like this way), other than that, it's a fantastic game (much like the prequels)

it's a real shame Snow Bros never made to Amiga, the arcade version is great, and I am sure the Amiga could have a very good version too...
Old 05 January 2002, 04:17   #11
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs up Pang final release had animals

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
Though one thing I was never sure of because of the crack- did the 'miggy version ever have the crabs/birds etc. of the arcade version??
Crackers got hold of a pre-release which didn't have the animals - the final version (which Proj Inc cracked) has all the birds and crabs etc, hence it says "Pang 100%" on the crack intro...

You probably only had the pre-release...

Regarding Snow Bros, what's more disappointing is that the game was apparently finished but never released... Time for some of the frogs amongst us to track down the Ocean France programmers...
Old 05 January 2002, 15:01   #12
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Re: Pang final release had animals

Quote:
Originally posted by Codetapper

Regarding Snow Bros, what's more disappointing is that the game was apparently finished but never released... Time for some of the frogs amongst us to track down the Ocean France programmers...
I knew I didn't imagine it-years ago I sure I read a preview of it in CU Amiga (Can't remember which issue). Snow Bros. could become the "Putty Squad" eternal search of unreleased Amiga games for 2002!!
Old 05 January 2002, 15:37   #13
MethodGit

Speaking of Putty Squad, any interesting news yet about the covert deal between Codetapper, John Twiddy & Riempie?
Old 06 January 2002, 12:39   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Exclamation Pang problems with latest WinUAE!

Hi,

I was lacking the time so far for testing that perfect version our kind soul Codetapper uploaded few days ago - now I can say: IT ROX!

Anyway, there is a graphics bug in all WinUAE 0.8.17 versions: when playing in single-player mode, you can see a blinking "PUSH BUTTON" on the lower right.
One of the bitplanes (?) here is shifted, giving it a "messy" look...

Last edited by andreas; 06 January 2002 at 16:10.
Old 07 January 2002, 00:25   #15
Exodus

Don't you find it annoying when a game is cracked but there are no trainers included that give you infinite lives, infinite ammo, starting level, etc? I just got the arcade version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It was cracked by Crystal and it had no trainers. All they did was hack the game so they changed the location names, so it read "cracked by crystasl" or "by crystal". Might as well stick to the original uncracked version.

You never guess the games on the Internet that are like this.
Old 07 January 2002, 00:38   #16
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Exodus
Don't you find it annoying when a game is cracked but there are no trainers included that give you infinite lives, infinite ammo, starting level, etc? I just got the arcade version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It was cracked by Crystal and it had no trainers. All they did was hack the game so they changed the location names, so it read "cracked by crystasl" or "by crystal". Might as well stick to the original uncracked version.

You never guess the games on the Internet that are like this.
Why annoying ?? I never use Trainers or cheats, it just destroys the fun in playing the game IMHO. It´s just like in old DOS days .... I played Doom all the way through without using the God mode. I met a friend who tells me he is the KING in doom, we played and I allways won ! Why ?? Because he played all the way in god mode, now THAT´s annoying just my 2cents ....
Old 07 January 2002, 11:27   #17
Exodus

I'm trying to playing Half-Life in difficulty mode without using god mode. I'm slow getting around but I'm completing a section of it everyday. I'm up to the office blocks so far.
Old 07 January 2002, 11:37   #18
Exodus

As for cheating, what I mean is that when you download a game off the net, it is likely that you'll find it cracked but you get no trainers whatsoever with it. I don't really see a point in cracking a game without including any trainers. If a cracker can't include a trainer, why crack it at all?

Another problem with crackers is that they are likely to hack a game so some text that appeared in the original game is changed to their own messages. I told you about Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
Old 07 January 2002, 12:33   #19
RetroMan

Hmm, a crack is made to made it available and play it without any copy protection, so why should any cracker include a trainer ???
Old 07 January 2002, 13:29   #20
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

When I was young, my PC owning friends also used to complain that they rapidly got sick of Doom. When I finally got to play the game, I realised why- they were using cheats! Of course its gonna be boring.

I battled my way through a few versions of Doom without the cheats, on Ultraviolence, and it was one of the most challenging, yet also most satisfying experiences ever.

Then again, when I played Amiga games, I sometimes enabled cheats. However, I remember that, even with cheats, I didn't get bored of these games (which I was completing over and over again- Silkworm is a good example). I think that shows just how addictive these games were, and still are, for that matter.