English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 August 2006, 22:32   #1
Viceroy

Trying to run a cd32

Hi
Could someone please help me to run a cd32 disk/image
Ive booted the Winuae in Quickstart cd32, put a cd in,
started the emu ,got cd32 screen logo ,pressed mouse button,got a screen with a large key on ! ,then back to cd32 logo screen !
I get same prob also when mounting an iso image ?
Thanks in advance

Viceroy
Old 23 August 2006, 23:39   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you get the key screen without CD in drive?

You have one of emulated CD32 pad buttons stuck (I think it is blue button, not sure about it and reason for this is unknown. It could be real stuck button, incorrect controller configuration or bug somewhere etc..)

"Key screen" is used to delete/lock/unlock saved games in CD32's built-in nvram)
Old 24 August 2006, 07:47   #3
Viceroy

Yes I get a screen with a key and some boxes on !
when u press return or mouse button it goes back to cd32 logo screen .
Should i unplug joypad ?

Thanks
Old 24 August 2006, 19:50   #4
Viceroy

Sorted
Found one of your old threads, Where you told someone to make sure, that in Misc make sure uaescsi is unchecked and change the drive to Nero or SPTI it now works fine on cd's and images..
Viceroy
Old 11 December 2006, 20:02   #5
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy
Sorted
Found one of your old threads, Where you told someone to make sure, that in Misc make sure uaescsi is unchecked and change the drive to Nero or SPTI it now works fine on cd's and images..
Viceroy
Thank god I found this, it was driving me crazy. I can't seem to get the cd audio tracks now though, is a there a setting I'm missing here? It's a mounted Defender OTC 2 image with proper CDA tracks, not mp3.

Cheers

Edit: Never mind, I switched to SPTI + SCSI scan and it worked. I still cannot figure out though (and it's been 20 years) how to win these damn DOTC horse-tournaments... !!! Impossible.

Last edited by wanderer; 11 December 2006 at 20:09.
Old 11 December 2006, 20:22   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
I still cannot figure out though (and it's been 20 years) how to win these damn DOTC horse-tournaments... !!! Impossible.
Sorry for the Off Topic but if I remember correctly you need to aim your joust so that it's in the middle of the shield (centre of the cross) at the final "stage" before colliding. Takes a bit of practice to get it perfect though, especially with the joust bobbing up and down...
Old 12 December 2006, 00:38   #7
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Sorry for the Off Topic but if I remember correctly you need to aim your joust so that it's in the middle of the shield (centre of the cross) at the final "stage" before colliding. Takes a bit of practice to get it perfect though, especially with the joust bobbing up and down...
When I was a kid, I managed once by accident to knock the opponent down... Looked around the room... thought the Amiga was faulty... or even a virus or sth!