English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 10 December 2001, 13:25   #21
P-J

It'll earn you a shred of respect if you do.

*Now begins to understand why Marz's sister lives so far away*
Old 10 December 2001, 14:09   #22
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by MarzAttakz
Look, if it makes you shut up, I have changed my avatar (and my signature as well). But I feel violated by being denied the ability to walk around with a Snoop Dogg pic everywhere.

Beware that this war is not over yet.
Marz, no one said that you were 'denied the ability to walk (?!?) around with a Snoop Dogg pic everywhere (?!?)'. We just told you how lame WE thought it was. Look at all of the grief I was given for Bobby Brady. Did I piss and moan about it? No, I rode it out until I was done with it (or am I...?!?!?) One's avatar has a tendency to reflect something about us, although that doesn't neccesarily mean it has to. My avatars certainly are indicative of my personality: I love old TV shows (especially goofy old school sitcoms), old movies, cult TV, rock & roll, etc. I can't think of any of my avatars that have strayed from being something that iconifies what I am about. If you are about being from the hood, treating women like the worthless scum that rappers think they are, the black experience, and haphazard crime in the streets over drug territorialism, then by all means wear your 'colors' with pride! But you feel violated ??? Can we please relax?

I'll never understand what you think you were trying to accomplish with that signature. Did you really think you would get a positive response? I think you like being the center of attention with your tabloid tactics, personally. But if I am wrong, I'd be interested in opposing commentary. On second though, I take that last part back.
Old 10 December 2001, 15:39   #23
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin' Ghost
If you are about being from the hood, treating women like the worthless scum that rappers think they are, the black experience, and haphazard crime in the streets over drug territorialism, then by all means wear your 'colors' with pride!
May I remind you that not every single rapper is like this? At all? Have you tried listening to Q-Tip, A Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z, Nas, Dilated Peoples, Ugly Duckling, Delinquent Habits, NextMen, 57th Dynasty, Roots Manuva, and even (let's not forget them) Beastie Boys???

(Do not take this as a flame, btw)
Old 10 December 2001, 15:46   #24
P-J

Quote:
Originally posted by MarzAttakz

May I remind you that not every single rapper is like this? At all? Have you tried listening to Q-Tip, A Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z, Nas, Dilated Peoples, Ugly Duckling, Delinquent Habits, NextMen, 57th Dynasty, Roots Manuva, and even (let's not forget them) Beastie Boys???

(Do not take this as a flame, btw)

No, and I don't plan on doing so either. The aural battering would be pointless.

(Do not take THIS as a flame, either)
Old 10 December 2001, 16:02   #25
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Marz, we weren't talking about those rappers, were we? We were talking about your avatar and that was Snoop. And those things ARE what he is about! I was talking about avatars reflecting one's personality. Why do you have to keep this arguemnet going? I'm mere seconds away from adding you to my plonk file (aka Ignore).

If you insist on having the final word, please do so so we can end this thread once and for all. I am here for Amiga talk and don't give a damn about this other crap.
Old 10 December 2001, 17:48   #26
Amiga1992

I go away teh weekend and look at the board... it always happens!! you visit every day and you take two days off and BANG!...

One phrase:

"Ban Marz"