English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 14 August 2005, 11:31   #1
redblade
Zone Friend

JR-Comm Docs please

Hi.

Just leeched JR-Comm V1.02 of TOSEC. doesn't seem to have the DOCS and it has AREXX support. wanted to have a look at the AREXX side of it.

Funny thing that JR-Comm disk, it has the UADialer on it (only a patch update), some bbs captures, and a log of his connections (ie the files the person uploaded/downloaded). The person seemed to be based in Portugual (or just calling boards there).

The Disk also has Virus_Checker V6.00 on it for any who wants it.
Old 14 August 2005, 13:57   #2
OddbOd

Hmmm I certainly don't remember JR-Comm having an AREXX port are you sure you're not thinking of JR's descendant, Terminus?

Anyway if you want a look for yourself the untouched archive is on funet.fi: ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/amiga/datacom...Comm-1.02a.lha

It's not that strange to find UAD on a terminal disk, my copy of NComm 2.0 has it as well plus I found the original archive downloaded from Shark Island BBS, you can have a copy for your NZ OldSkool archive if you want.
Old 15 August 2005, 04:44   #3
redblade
Zone Friend

The only reason why I think there is a AREXX port to JR-Comm because in PHATE issue 2 there is a NUARDialer in AREXX for JR-Comm.

Yes please i'll like a copy.

Yeah I have to get off my ass and make some html to link/display the png's and txts ripped from nz files.

I remember reading the docs to Dragon Lairs copier.

From the land of INXS, ACDC, Kangaroo Pies....

Ah the good old days Australia had a strong scene, you's also had Ripmax/Liberty
Old 15 August 2005, 19:19   #4
OddbOd

I've uploaded the disk with the original UAD archive to The Zone, it's an old utility disk so a lot of the other stuff on it is obsolete. The Kiwi BBS banners are from Shark Island, Marantz and Surreal Abstract Reality.

The NComm disk will have to wait until I have a chance to clean my floppy heads which will give me a chance to see what other bits and pieces I can find, I know I have some issues of Bulletin-13 including some of the later paper copies that should bring back a few memories.

I actually had no connections to the Oz scene (I'm a Kiwi by birth and citizenship ) but it's a funny coincidence you mentioned Liberty as the copy of Hells MultiHacker that's on the floppy is the only thing that's broken so I tried looking for a replacement. When I found one there was also a copy of Whitebox by Quasar/Liberty on the very same webpage, spooky stuff.
Old 15 August 2005, 23:39   #5
redblade
Zone Friend

cheers matey .

but you are right JR-COmm doesn't have AREXX port it's actually "baud bandit II" that i'm looking for, but planetemu.net has a old TOSEC package (but hey at least it's free).

I think Ripmax has a website with the history of Libery and his activities from the early scene days.

Yeah hells multihacker and whitebox are the only 2 amiga tools that are floating around on the net on most h/p sites.